1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Monopolization Happiness Bug/Weirdness (v 70)

Discussion in 'Bug Tracking' started by nosre, May 18, 2011.

  1. nosre

    nosre Chieftain

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    No other mods. Cache deleted. Using the latest official version (as of a few days ago when I started this game), downloaded in civ.

    [edit]This looks like just a display bug when the policy is first selected. It fixes itself on the following turn.

    Selecting Monopolization in my latest game made my happiness worse. In the happiness dropdown, it added a "+1 extra happiness per luxury resource (30)" line but also changed the "difficulty" happiness modifier from +11 to -8. Furthermore, even if those two changes were supposed to happen, the two lists (the sums of all the happiness mods and all the unhappiness mods) now don't add up to my actual new displayed happiness.

    Before:
    http://i.imgur.com/ud3xl.jpg
    After selecting Monopolization:
    http://i.imgur.com/VSAvr.jpg
     
  2. Thalassicus

    Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2005
    Messages:
    11,057
    Location:
    Texas
    Thank you for the detailed bug report. I did some preliminary testing when I added the monopoly effect, but must have overlooked something. I'm looking into it. :thumbsup:

    Edit: I've revised a few of the calculations on that tooltip... the vanilla methods were a little messy in places. I tested a few different situations and it seemed to be working properly. If you still encounter a problem in 7.1 b10, attach your "mods" folder and the savegame.
     

Share This Page