1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Monthly Competition for November 2016

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Balthasar, Dec 10, 2016.

?

Which is your choice for Unit of the Month?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2016.
  1. AnthonyBoscia, Laurana Kanan - Patriot Missile

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Vuldacon - Coyote

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Balam-Agab - Dongola Expedition Camel

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Hey Gang,

Everybody tired of voting yet? Too bad, because I'm back with a contest that you just can't stay out of. This month's competition is a battle royale between three great units, and promises to be a very tough choice for everyone.

Here are this month's nominees:

Vuldacon - Coyote

Balam-Agab - Dongola Expedition Camel

AnthonyBoscia, Laurana Kanan - Patriot Missile

What did I tell you? Good luck to everyone!

Balthasar

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  2. Jorsalfare

Jorsalfare Chieftain

The Wise Man said it: Three Great Units and a tough choice! Vuldacon's Coyote is (as usual from him) innovative with very nice animations, Anthony's/Laurana's Missile launcher is spectacularly detailed and animated - especially the attack.flc. However - this time I voted for the unit that is most suited to my own mod: Balam-Agab's camel-rider - even though I would have preferred slightly more prominent civ-colors (yes, I'm one of those....). Nevertheless - a great unit! Thank you! (to all three contestants).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  3. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Well whaddya know? A tie! It's gonna be a good end of the year contest. So congratulations Vuldacon, AnthonyBoscia, and Laurana Kanan! Your units will be duly listed in the Monthly Competitions Hall of Fame, and will, as I just noted, be seen again in the big End of the Year Contest (aka 'the Civvies' :D) in late January.

4. Pounder

Pounder Phaethon was here

5. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Good Units All... Congratulations AnthonyBoscia and Laurana Kanan
    Happy to see some Members entering Contests and Voting. Just 10 Votes tells me not many are participating though :(

6. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Hey, 10 votes are 10 more votes than some would predict. Our little community is leaner, but nicer, and more dedicated to modding. Our output is, overall, of very high quality and impressive variety. We can be justifiably proud of that.

I only wish that more folks would take up the challenge of creating more PCX's (interfaces, techs, wonder splashes, etc.) and leaderheads.

7. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Chieftain

Thanks and congratulations to you also, Vuldacon, as well as Laurana Kanan.

Be careful what you wish for, Balthasar. There may be some of those things coming in the New Year...

8. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

With uncertain start dates (know it's for legit reasons, Balthasar) it's easy to miss the deadline. So all I can do this month is say it would have been difficult to decide, and congrats all.

9. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

10. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Congratulations Tony! You did an amazing job putting that Patriot together. :thumbsup: I unfortunately missed this thread, so I'm embarrassed to say I didn't even vote.