Monthly competitions submission thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamand

The Visible Elder!
I didn't feel like crowding the forum with six submission threads and three poll threads, so now I start one single thread for all submissions. ;)

Please don't put any requests in this thread anymore and try to keep the 'applause' to submitted items to a minimum... There are some rule changes are well; they are marked in red.

So here are the rules:

1. Everyone may enter a file, as long as:
  • The submitter is the creator of the file
  • The file is completely new, not posted before either on this website, nor on any other. The 3D model for the file does not have to be new, though.
  • Files that were the combined effort of more than one artist will need the expressed permission of each artist involved in this thread. If the some of artists haven't been online for more than 6 months their permission is not required, but their contribution needs to be mentioned.
  • Converted files and cut 'n paste files are also allowed, but this should be stated.
  • The new file must be available for download for the civ community.
  • Unit makers: Units that are a previously posted unit with changed pallete may join, provided permission is given in this thread from the original creator (unless he hasn't been logged on to CFC for the past 6 months).
  • Unit makers: Upon submission a preview of ALL unit animations needs to be provided!
  • PCX makers: The new PCX must be in the same scale as the standard Fireaxis material.
2. The competitions have a voluntary three monthly theme. Any file can participate, but files that follow the theme can participate in the three monthly theme competition. The theme for Apr-Jun 2007 is Science Fiction.

3. Only one submission per person per competition will be accepted and only one preview file per submission will be accepted. Once submitted neither the submitted file, nor it's preview can be altered. A submission can be withdrawn though, but not replaced by another file.

4. A sample submission is provided below, only submissions in this format will be considered. This is to ease my job a little easier... :)

5. By submitting you declare that the submitted file is your own work and that the original artists on these pages (if any) have consented in its submission according to the rules of this competition.

6. A link to the file together with a preview needs to be posted in this thread before the end of the month. After that a jury thread will be launched in which the winner will be decided by a 1 week poll. Any complaints about a submission should be made before this deadline either in this thread or by PM-ing me, complaints after the deadline will not be considered.

7. This is supposed to be a friendly competition between gentlemen (m/f ;)). Please stay friendly to each other at all times...

Waiting...

Waiting for your submissions

Reserved for more LH previews...

Waiting...

Themed competition...

Artist: Flamand
Name of file: Puddle Jumper
Other/ original artist: does not apply

PS: don't attach file like this like below. I cannot make a direct link to attachments and need to download and reupload the file, which is quite tiresome if you need to do that a lot... ;)

Attachments

• Puddle_Jumper_demo.gif
    Puddle_Jumper_demo.gif
    88.7 KB · Views: 166
All right, here's my submission for the LH competition.

Artist: Plotinus
Name of file: Haile Selassie of Ethiopia
Other artist: N/A

I hereby declare that this file is my own work and that the original artists (if any) have consented in its submission according to the rules of this competition. (Flamand, "its" does not take an apostrophe in the possessive.)

Link to thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173413

Artist: aaglo
Name of file: Silver Helm
Other/ original artist: -

I hereby declare that this file is my own work and that the original artists (if any) have consented in its submission according to the rules of this competition.
Link to thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173198

Plotinus said:
(Flamand, "its" does not take an apostrophe in the possessive.)

Oh, the shame... :blush: Thanks for pointing it out... ;)

Both files are in...

That permission is only for work that was published previously on these pages. I changed the 'oath' a bit.

Flamand said:
That permission is only for work that was published previously on these pages. I changed the 'oath' a bit.
OK, that's what I thought.... just wanted to make sure I wasn't violating any of the rules.

Artist: Weasel Op
Name: Medieval/Fantasy Game Setup Screens
URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173747
Other Artist: none

I hereby declare that this file is my own work and that the original artists on these pages (if any) have consented in its submission according to the rules of this competition.

(sorry for the large pictures...)

This thread needed a :bump: ;)

And not a moment too soon :)

Artist: LizardmenRule!
Name: Dwarf Cavalry
URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=174364
Other Artists: aaglo, Kryten

I hereby declare that this file is my own work and that the original artists on these pages (if any) have consented in its submission according to the rules of this competition.

Looks cool... :goodjob: Care to post the preview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom