1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Monty and his Eagle-Warriors...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Sascha77, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Archaelicos

Archaelicos Warlord

I just finished a game with Monty on Prince, but I found the Eagle Warrior -> District Spamming synergy worked really well. I got a worker out of every single unit from another Civ. I DOWed everybody I met (Phillip, Tomyris, aaaaand crap who else. I forget now but there was a third) and sent a stream of workers back home to quickly finish off districts, I couldn't grow my cities fast enough to get enough districts out. I was going for domination but ended up winning a culture victory way earlier with only 82 tourists. But, again ... Prince level.

Sun Tzu Wu likes this.
  2. Forbiddentwo

Forbiddentwo Warlord

Are Eagle warriors viable on Emperor and above? I had some luck with legions and it seems like an earlier version of my tactics for those could work, but legions have the advantage of being classical units...

3. DiffSarit

DiffSarit Chieftain

I just finish a DV on Diety with Monty. Eagle warrior work fine with archer rush. You need only a few to finish of the kills to capture some workers. It's not worth to keep it after you see Knight from your enemy though. So upgrade it accordingly.

I think his ability to get increase combat power from each luxury is the most important though. It make EVERY units of yours superior in the mid to late game if you progress on your early expansion correctly.

4. HyJinkx

HyJinkx Chieftain

Not sure how this one will end up but I had pretty good luck with the builders. I had used several by the time I took this but I don't know what to do with all of them other then sleep them and wait till later. I started with 3 eagle warriors and two archers and then added a couple more after the second declaration came in. I may have to make peace with India and Spain to focus on Trajan to my south before I can continue West. The barbs trapped my scouts so I have no clue where everyone else is at this point. This is my first emperor game with him but I've had similar results on King.