Moo2 how to defend tractor beams tactic?

Darquan11

Chieftain
Hi, I play with a friend who often beats me with tractor beams and creative so has all the ground combat techs. The combat would start and his ships move forward and capture mine instantly. I wondered if anyone had thoughts on ways to defend against this?

- Security stations increase the combat effectiveness of your Marines on board by +20% and make it impossible to board whilst your shields are up. So that coupled with a decent shield, and if you have got them - shield capacitator, hard shields and maybe as a last ditch defence lightning field.

Also make sure you have a decent point defence weapon on your ships. They are cheap and you can set them to continuous or autofire. That should be able to kill the ships before they can board providing your shields remain up.

If he is creative then you should go non creative and rush the crap out of him. Creative races early production and research suck.

If you go like democracy lithivore you will tech incredibly fast, get a couple factories up and some quick beam weapons and make short work of him, or tolerant unification and some other small bonus you'll have tons of production and just swarm him with ships.

If he is creative then you should go non creative and rush the crap out of him. Creative races early production and research suck.

If you go like democracy lithivore you will tech incredibly fast, get a couple factories up and some quick beam weapons and make short work of him, or tolerant unification and some other small bonus you'll have tons of production and just swarm him with ships.

Meta + micro

We should team up and become the dream team :lol:

I also live mirv nukes vs a target like that to keep distance from the tractor beams.

Top Bottom