MOO2 Klackons

Harv

Emperor
Allright I just rolled up another game - this time for the Klackons. Settings are the same as for the Psilon Game. Huge Galaxy / Average Age / Impossible.

There are two ways to deal with the choice of how to choose a tech in a tech field. One is to be Creative and have them all. The other is to be Uncreative and have the choice made already.

Creative brings flexibility to the game. Since we get such a variety of tech, we are free to adapt our strategy to the system. The Klackon are Uncreative, so we have to creative and flexible instead.

Here is a look at our Solar System from the perspective of a race who has not yet travelled the stars.

Kholdan itself has some worlds that can be inhabited with a minimum investment into technology. Production will be reasonable.

The rest of the Galaxy looks like this.

Two systems are within reach.

So we plan to research:
1. Nuculear Fission (This is all the technology we need to colonize the System.)
2. Chemistry (This gets us our Scout Ant Ships.)
3. Cold Fusion (This is what we need to colonize other Systems.)
4. Choose: Biospheres, Fighter Bays, or Electronic Computer.

We build a Scout and we see what the rest of the Galaxy has to offer and colonize up our home system.

As for Research, either we roll lucky and have something big to build, like Automated Factories, Research Laboratory, or Soil Enrichment - or we are unlucky and we have to slowly expand. Hopefully our production bonuses make up for this and we are able to cover our research holes elsewhere.

Attachments

• SAVE1.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 64
My Klackon game goes well, inspite of having only 1 planet in my system to colonize and a simply horrendous ammount of missing useful techs. Lacking labs or factories I simply went for frieghters and the chem tech needed to build scouts and followed up colonizing some nice systems! My spot is on the right just above your's and like my game, I hope that lower right corner is free for you to expand into without conflict.
I met the humans rather early but only them and they wanted to play nice and once their spy showed up, I demanded that they stop spying and they agreed and then I didnt need to waste resources on spies. Once I finished Merc Missiles I traded it to them for Labs, and when Sparky showed up with Adv Damage Control I traded it to them for factories and could then play a reasonably normal game after turn 108, noting that I had a large population allready and helped by some pop 1 housing.

First of all, as Uni, you don't need that Barracks for a long time so sell it to raise 30 bc+ 1BC/turn savings.

You can colonize those two planets prior to researching freighters since 1) You can't starve below 1 population of 1, and 2) You'll have nothing else to build on those planets until you research something to build so you can just build housing and transfer newborns to your HW. I have tested this for UniTol and it is better to build two colony bases first and then get freighters. However, this was with selling my SB so I can quickly buy both bases when half built. If you don't sell the SB, things may be different since each colony will be growing by 0.05 pop less per turn due to the lack of food and it will take longer to build the 2nd colony base resulting in a longer period of lost growth on the first colony.

I didn't sell the SB in my game since I had only 1 planet to colonize and since lacking any research buildings I didn't want to have to worry about rebuilding it later, thereby not being able to research with those guys.

With all 6 workers on production the Ants will produce 36 pp/t less 14 lost to pollution for a total of 22 so it is good to colonize quickly.

LOL in my game I also have no pollution reduction techs! But the leader with an environmentalist traite on my UR planet is most appreciated.

Your strategy will be dictated by what techs are available but you can always certainly MIRV Nukes and then Mercs as I do quite early. For example, my Chem techs were Trit Armor, Mercs, Irridium Cells, and Microlite Construction, and after getting some techs in other fields I'll soon have Neut Armor. Thus I am fine for missiles and will be refit my BB's once N-armor is done and they can they have 23 MIRVed Mercs. I'm using Heavy Armor since I didn't have Reinforced Hull.

Microlite Construction is a great tech since +1 production is very useful and helps jump start any new colonies as well. You have to use 3 of your 20 picks in a custom race to get +1 production and as Uni this is really +1.5. This is so useful, that if I have Trit Armor and plan to get N-armor soon, I may choose Microlite rather than Zort armor sometimes.

Looking forward to seeing what your available techs are in each field as it will help with strat choices.

Anyhow, about 230 turns into my game and it is a stompfest with my MIRV Mercs and great ground troops (powered armor rocks !!)

Allright I just rolled up another game - this time for the Klackons. Settings are the same as for the Psilon Game. Huge Galaxy / Average Age / Impossible.

There are two ways to deal with the choice of how to choose a tech in a tech field. One is to be Creative and have them all. The other is to be Uncreative and have the choice made already.

Creative brings flexibility to the game. Since we get such a variety of tech, we are free to adapt our strategy to the system. The Klackon are Uncreative, so we have to creative and flexible instead.

Here is a look at our Solar System from the perspective of a race who has not yet travelled the stars.

Kholdan itself has some worlds that can be inhabited with a minimum investment into technology. Production will be reasonable.

The rest of the Galaxy looks like this.

Two systems are within reach.

So we plan to research:
1. Nuculear Fission (This is all the technology we need to colonize the System.)
2. Chemistry (This gets us our Scout Ant Ships.)
3. Cold Fusion (This is what we need to colonize other Systems.)
4. Choose: Biospheres, Fighter Bays, or Electronic Computer.

We build a Scout and we see what the rest of the Galaxy has to offer and colonize up our home system.

As for Research, either we roll lucky and have something big to build, like Automated Factories, Research Laboratory, or Soil Enrichment - or we are unlucky and we have to slowly expand. Hopefully our production bonuses make up for this and we are able to cover our research holes elsewhere.

I want to look at your game but can't figure out how to deal with the zip and copy it in as save 1. Please give me detailed instructions..Win 7 here. tyvm

I want to look at your game but can't figure out how to deal with the zip and copy it in as save 1. Please give me detailed instructions..Win 7 here. tyvm

No doubt you are using Dosbox to run Moo2. So the question is where your save files go.

Spoiler :

1. Open Windows Explorer and look for your account. (possibly Owner)
2. Go to Tools and Folder Options and click on the option view all files. You are looking for a hidden folder called AppData.
3. Go to AppData - Local - Virtual Store - ... - where you have Master of Orion 2.
4. When you get there, you should see your saved games. This is where Windows 7 stores the game data, instead of the normal hard drive location.
5. Copy SAVE1.GAM from the Zip file to SAVE1.GAM. Note that you will lose the information on that game so you might want to rename your save file if you want to preserve it.

If that does not work, another thing you can try is use the Search function to find *.GAM your saved game files. (Search Computer)

When you are able to do this, I have another exercise for you.

Spoiler :

When playing your game, hit Control F5. This will make a screen shot. It will go into the same location I described above and there will be a new folder called capture. If you there, your screen shot will be there.

When making posts here, right next to the smilies there is a paper clip. You can use that to attach your screen shot. If you do that here, it will show up as a thumbnail and we can click on it and look at your picture. If you use a file hosting service, then you can make the big screen shots.

Let me know if this helps.

Indeed it does work out a little bit faster if we colonize the system first and then research and build Freighters. I did something just slightly different.

Year 0 - Planetary Unification
All the Ant Colonies of the Kholdan World are united and there will be no more fighting and no more need for Marine Barracks. It is dismantled.

There is some Space Faring technology and some interplanetary exploration. The Klackon are working at building a permanent colony on Kholdan 3 and if that works well, on Kholdan 2. The Asteroid Belt is not usable for permanent colonization at this time.

The Klackon go to work, with 25% of the population on food production, 25% on constructing the ship to colonize Kholdan 4, and 50% on figuring out how to feed them way out there. 75 million miles is a very long train of ants!

Year 5 - With most of the research infrastructure in place, we shift production to 50% production. (4 workers)

Year 7 - Research is complete on Nuculear Fission. Plans are set in place for the Ant Train Freighter Fleet. They have also developed the first Superphotonic Nuculear Warp Drives, capable of reaching nearby stars if we can figure out how to fuel them.

Year 8 - The Kholdan Ant Train Freigher Fleet is built and ready to supply future colonies in the Kholdan System.

Year 13 - The Kholdan 3 colony is established. Its current task is to gather basic material for Kholdan 4 and develop its population. [Housing]

Year 16 - We are visited by Captain Jarred, the Explorer. He wishes to aid our efforts in exploring the galaxy. The Klackon are too single minded to work with hired help at this time. The current mission is to build a permanent colony on Kholdan 2.

Year 20 - The colony is established on Kholdan 2. It has the same mission as Kholdan 3. Production shifts (2 Workers, rest Scientists) to develop the fuel systems and our first interstellar space ships.

Year 24 - Research into Space Age Chemistry is complete. We immediately design some Space Ships, including the Scout Ant 1.

Year 27 - We discovered a large Cache of resources at the Zona System, which we quickly use back at Kholdan.

There is an Ocean World in the Zona System. Resources are not very much but we can farm it anyway.

Year 30 - We explored the Chiba System.

Year 31 - We explored the Kalb System.

Year 32 - Research is complete on Cold Fusion. We can now build Colony Ships. Once again, this is all the technology we need for now. Everybody is shifted to production.

Year 39 - The first Colony Ship is now ready.

The question is which system to colonize first. Both Zona and Kalb can produce food. Zona has a low gravity penalty.

I lean towards colonizing the Zona System first. We can reach it quickly and send the second colonist. They can produce food and Kholdan can produce Colony Ships even faster! On top of that, we get to explore two more systems in our neat little corner of the Galaxy.

The alternative is to colonize Kalb and see what is out there. This will probably imply taking a very aggressive stance and hitting our opponents very early.

Again I lean towards the isolation route. We build a production base .

I have a question about Worm Holes: If I have both Kalb and Chiba colonized, does it take one turn to transfer colonists, or many?

Attachments

• SAVE2.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 64
Sorry Harv, I'm not skilled with this operating system stuff and can't come close to finding the proper app data folders. Perhaps if you upload the start unzipped I could just copy it onto the hardrive?

Cancel that I managed to unzip it directly onto my harddrive and extract it over my save 1 and can now try your game.

Yuck..lousy array of early techs here. I'll try something different than you and sell the SB on turn 0 to get me more cash for my two quickly built CB's. Rax will be sold on turn 1. With 22 production after pollution I should be able to buy each CB after 5 turns and then research freighters and the chem tech to get scouts.

With me being in the corner and this being Huge, I think it safe to gamble and sell SB for a quicker start. With no fuel cell techs I won't run into AI's quickly and hopefully will have a nice civ with a few systems by that time and can make some tech trades.

However, I can't figure out how to get to where the screen shots are saved.

Worm holes won't help your freighters ship colonists at all :(

I wouldn't colonize Kalb this early as it could be a cold cruel galaxy out there and an AI may take it from you very quickly. Just Stay in your corner and build up and prepare to expand into that corner in relative safety for now.

OK my game from your start.

Turn 0.. sell SB and start CB for K3 with all workers.

Turn 1.. sell rax.

Turn 5.. buy CB for 180 BC for 90 PP and start CB for K2.

Turn 6.. K3 colonized and worker is set to build housing. His normal .129 rate is reduced to .079 since the planet lacks 1 food.

Turn 10.. V'Larr shows up and I just can't resist him and his free 10 BC/t so I'll just colonize K2 a few turns later. I'll be a couple turns behind in population growth but think that getting +10 BC/t for quite a few extra turns is worth it.

Turn 13.. I have enough cash to buy the CB and put all workers, except 1 who will work on the SB to bank 6 PP/t, on researching freighters. The newborn on my HW K4 isn't needed to farm as I can be -1 food since I am not starving my HW but starving a colony that I can't yet get food to anyhow.

Turn 14.. C2 colonized and set to build housing.

Turn 17.. Freighter research completed and bought at K4 spending 55 BC for 26 pp. Now to research Chem and make a scout and then colony ships to head into the corner gradually.

Turn 18.. With my freighter completed I now can need to move that 3rd worker to farming. Both K3 and K2 are now growing at .129/t and at that rate will soon fill up my HW.

Turn 21.. Chem reseach done. I was 74% to get it this turn so I moved two guys to production and cut that percentage down to 62% gambling a turn to get more PP. My scout can be built for 25 PP from my banked PP and I will keep 1 guy on production to bank 6 PP/T while researching the tech for Colony ships.

Turn 26.. Scout reached Chiba. I won't go down the worm hole, I want to meet NO ONE yet. Chiba looks like waste of a colony ship. Perhaps that orange star below me will be more promising. I currently have 14 pop and 250 BC and am gaining 23 BC/t while teching 24 RP/t and will very soon be able to shift all workers to building Col Ship.

Turn 32.. Ralleia shows up. She's a famous diplomat but her moral boost won't help me. I'll let her hang around and make a last minute decision.

Turn 35.. I buy my first CS as it is more than half done and send it to Zona where I can farm and get more access into the corner. Surely one of the two systems I can then reach will be suitable to colonize so I'll make another CS. Pop is 17 now. Not doing any research at the moment.

Turn 44.. OK it is decision time as the system in the corner is currently worthless with a pop 1 poor LG rock and the system to its left is completely empty. OK I'll buy that CS and colonize Chiba to extend my range. Perhaps that yellow star above it will be promising. I just have to find out what else is in that corner so the corner planet will get an outpost ship so my scout can get to that red star.

Turn 51.. My scout dies to the space dragon guarding a wonderful pop 25 rich planet at that red star near the corner. This planet will be extremely useful and has artifacts as well which should net me a couple of free techs.
But I can't get warships to it without extended tanks so it will wait for later. I'll make a new scout and check out that yellow star and venture down that wormhole afterwards. I won't mind meeting some other races soon.
Biospheres are being built on my HW and Zona and I can continue pop 1 housing on one or two planets.

Turn 56.. My scout finds nothing but a Hot Jupiter revolving around that yellow star above Chiba and as it is heading back to Chiba, the Hyperspace Flux hits. OK so I'll enjoy some peace and concentrate even more on tech.
I hire Ralleai for 240 BC, but since she's famous I save 120 BC hiring Kirsus the Psilon scientist. I can certainly use a free +15 research and a 30% bonus to my research in my home system.

Turn 65.. I now have 5 farmers on Zona and this means lots of scientists on my home world enhanced by Kirsus. Pop 28 now and still housing on K3 and K2. Tech is 77RP/t and after I get pollution processor I'll try to nab the initial physics tech in one turn and then continue onward down chem to get more pollution control and then Zort armor for some tough ships loaded with MIRV Nukes. I don't have battle pods which will mean that I need more ships and will suffer CP issues. Chiba is slowly working on a SB with two workers providing 6 pollution free PP/T while my HW also is getting 6 from one worker. I'll get heavy armor to use in place of reinforced hull so my ships aren't blown away prior to the 2nd missile launch.

Turn 82 .. The Hyperspace Flux lifts and I send my scout to Kalb. I will colonize that swamp later to farm on it and to get near the galaxy center to meet AI's (victims). Atmos renewer will be done soon. I am also banking some PP at my HW (Star Base was rebuilt) working on a battleship. I won't build the Atmos renewer yet since my priority then will be get Zort armor whereby I can make a Nuke 22 that will kill the Dragon in one salvo. Then while I colonize that Rick Huge Gaia then Nuke 22 and another colony ship will go to Kalb to enable the Klackons to hopefully terrorize the galaxy.

Turn 95.. Pop 36 now and almost every planet but K4 is max pop'd even with Biospheres. I'll hire Slith before he goes away since he'll enhance my Nuke 22. If I ever have any research buildings I'll colonize that awful rock named Kracken in the corner and get some use out of it.

Turn 121.. Zort Armor finished and now I'll build that Nuke 15E (needing extended tanks) and then a colony ship, but first I switch production to that Atmos Ren, so my HW will have almost no pollution. I goofed and didn't hire Slith, but not to worry as I'll put V'Larr on that ship. I'll refit it to a Nuke 22 and send it and a scout and soon a col ship to Kalb after I colonize that Dragon planet. Pop is now 39 and research is now cloning centers since I want that Rich Gaia up to speed quickly. I hired Ailis at the last minute since both his pollution control and medicine will help that soon to be new colony.

I played up to T86 and will be able to post Sunday afternoon most likely.

I was going to place a colony on Kraken with a Biospheres and have a couple of guys farming there and then I could see the Red Star so nicely sheltered in the corner. You chose to put an Outpost there instead.

I ended up colonizing the Kalb System instead.

The Spoiler below is to hide what is on the other side of that Wormhole, so if you are enjoying the game you are playing, you can save it until I post up tomorrow.

Spoiler :

We have first contact with the Meklar.

I will be building a fleet to take out a Space Amoeba. Since we are close to Pollution Processor, I am thinking either a bunch of Frigates with a MIRV Nuke apiece, or some Destroyers with MIRV Nukes.

Granted the research tree is missing quite a few key branches, like Automated Factories and Research Labs and Soil Enrichment. It does include Planetary Supercomputer but not Robo Miner Plants. It also includes Pollution Processor.

Well we work with what we have and focus on expansion instead of research. I did not realize until playing here that I can check my research tree and see what my uncreative scientists have come up with. I never looked before.

Research:
T60 Biospheres
T83 Tritanium Armor

Production:

Spoiler :

Kholdan 2: (Colonized T20)

Kholdan 3: (Colonized T13)
T41 Freighter Fleet 10
T51 Freighter Fleet 15
T70 Freighter Fleet 20
T83 Biospheres

Kholdan 4: (Home Planet)
T49 Colony Ship
T60 Colony Ship
T61 Biospheres
T72 Colony Ship

Zona Prime: (Colonized T41)
T69 Biospheres

Chiba Prime: (Colonized T52)
T70 Biospheres

Kalb 3: (Colonized T64)

Exploration:

Spoiler :

T44 We explored the Vhoorl System but found it completely empty.

T48 We explored the Kraken System and found another Pirate Cache.

There is a tiny planet that can hold a single population.

T56 The Lyra system has nothing but a Brown Star and a Gas Giant. It may be possible to put up an outpost and explore another star, but it is not worth it at this time.

T66 The Uz system is the same as the Lyra System except this is a Yellow Star.

T70 We explored the Kif System.

T71 On the other side of the Worm Hole is the Hasami System.

T81 A Space Amoeba chased out of the Kolath System but we managed to escape.

History:

Spoiler :

T41 We colonized Zona Prime and set the colonist on Farming and sent another colonist from Kholdan 3.

T45 No Mr Purple Farming Guy we do not need more food.

T52 We colonized Chiba. There are no minerals but it can serve as a research center.

T55 There is a population boom on Fieras Prime. It lasts until T75.

T64 We jump to the other side of the Worm Hole and colonize Kalb.

T66 Captain Slith the Rebel Pirate wants to join.

T74 Director Valin the Rogue Trader wants to join. We ended up hiring him on T85.

T79 Our research into Tritanium Armor suffered a setback. How can we have a computer virus if we do not have computers?

We colonized Kif 2. We chose the Barren planet because it had slightly more resources and can use that to build a Colony Base.

T80 Director Kirsus the Psilon Scientist wants to join. We find his skills useful and plan to hire him as soon as we have funds.

T86 We have first contact with the Meklar. They are Cybernetic and have +2 Production and they have +25 to Ship Defense and +20 to Ship Attack. INT-986 is an Erratic Ecologist.

They have just researched Deuterium Fuel Cells for added range, but our fledgling colonies at Kalb and Kif are out of reach. Also the Kolath System is not reachable without an escort.

They also have Research Laboratories and we would do well to find a way to obtain that. It does not appear to be available in trade - Only Laser Cannon and Electronic Computer can be traded for.

Trade and Research treaties are also out of the question without a gift trade. (Tritanium Armor for Electronic Computer) Non Aggression Pact is available with a gift of Tritanium Armor. Is gifting Tritanium Armor in exchange for Electronic Computer, Trade Treaty and Research Treat worth it?

Here is our exploration so far.

Here are our colonies.

There is production built up on Kholdan and we are researching Pollution Processor. When we finish research we will be able to build MIRV Nukes and jam maybe four of them on a Destroyer. We might even update the Scout Ant with a nuke and send it in to see if the Space Amoeba destroys that first, otherwise we are losing a Destroyer in this proposition.

The colony is well worth it! I should have 2 Colonies on Kif and one colony on Kalb feed it and we will have nearly ridiculous production.

Attachments

• SAVE3.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 78
I stopped updating my thread since I didn't want to hijack too much and since I was primarily giving lots of details about my start up. I didn't want to spoil you game by saying what happened when I went down to Kalb.

You done quite well for yourself so far and have nice population.

A few things...

re: Kraken..Hmm...I forgot that any Klackon farming anywhere can be useful. Maybe I should've just colonized it. Once I did colonize I sold the Rax that the Outpost turned into since I certainly had no plans to ever make transports there.

re: dealing with those Mecklars. You'll want to trade for Labs, but likely need a higher level tech to give them for it. Perhaps they'll take pollution processors once you have them.

re: early AI relations. Just bcuz they won't give you some kind of treaty (I go for research first) yet, doesn't mean that they won't in a few more turns when you ask again. It will take a while for neutral relations to drop without treaties so you have some time. If you trade even 1 tech with them, relations usually improve. Of course if you gift them even 1 tech, they also improve. A diplomatic leader will make it more likely that they'll accept your treaty proposals.

Yeah..for sure check all research categories for what is down the road and plan your strategy based on that. If you aquire an item in that queue before you research it, it will be replaced by another item from the same level. ie.. if you somehow got Trit armor very early it would be replaced by Deut cells in the queue.

We are up to Turn 131. The main action was to colonize and industrialize the Kolath System.

Research is starting to take off:
T97 Pollution Processor
Research Laborator from the Meklar for Pollution Processor
Heavy Armor from the Melar for Tritanium Armor
T99 Fighter Bays
T100 Physics
T101 Electronic Computer
T105 Cloning Center
T107 Dauntless Guidance System
T109 Fusion Beam
T111 Planetary Missile Base
T113 Space Academy
T118 Neural Scanner
T127 Planetary Supercomputer

Production:

Spoiler :

T92 Freighter Fleet 25
T98 Research Laboratory
T106 Biospheres
T114 Freighter Fleet 35
T130 Planetary Supercomputer

T98 Research Laboratory
T106 Freighter Fleet 30
T114 Freighter Fleet 40
T129 Planetary Supercomputer

T87 Spy - And it looks like INT-986 likes to spy a little bit.
T98 Pollution Processor
T99 Research Laboratory
T101 Army Ant N4
T101 Army Ant N4
T105 Colony Ship
T110 Spy
T111 Spy
T118 Colony Ship
T126 Colony Ship

T98 Research Laboratory

T103 Research Laboratory

T105 Research Laboratory

Kif Prime: (Colonized T96)
T101 Research Lab
T111 Cloning Center
T115 Scout Ant 1a Refitted

Kif 2: (Colonized T79)
T96 Kif Prime Colony Base
T99 Research Laboratory
T112 Army Ant N4

Kolath 2: (Colonized T114)
T119 Research Lab
T121 Cloning Center
T123 Colony Base Kolath 4
T125 Colony Base Kolath 3
T128 Star Base

Kolath 3: (Colonized T123)

Kolath 4: (Colonized T125)
T131 Research Laboratory

Mochus: (Colonized T129)

Kraken: (Colonized T130)

Exploration:

Spoiler :

T119 Mochos System

T131 Niallar System

History:

Spoiler :

T90 We hired Kirsus the Psilon Psientist and sent him to the Chiba System.

T97 We signed Trade and Research Agreements with the Meklar.

T114 We reached the Kolath System and defeated the Space Amoeba, losing one Army Ant N4.

We immediately colonized the system.

T129 Mochos is colonized.

T130 Captain Nile wants to join us.

We also encountered the Psilons.

T131 We colonized the tiny world of Kraken.

Here is a map of the Galaxy:

We have 8 Systems and span from the bottom right to the top right while missing the center right. An Outpost on Lyra will give us access to the rest of the systems. We do not have access to any fuel cells and therefore have to work around.

Here is another peek at our colonies.

So my plan for Research is to beeline Terraforming. We have a bunches of terraformable worlds and the means to get the job done quickly.

Kolath 2 is only colonized for 17 Turns, but it is easily outproducing Kholdan. It is a gem! It will be producing more Colony Ships.

While all this production is going on, we will get all the 250RP projects out of the way. After that I suppose we need the Atmosphere Renewer for even more production!

So the general idea is to have so much population and production that nobody can touch us.

Attachments

• SAVE4.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 59
Superb start, Harv, clearly outstripping my more conservative more to stay closer to home and grab that monster planet near the corner!!

I won my game in the low 290's in the GC and expect you may beat that from here.

I did have some difficulties needing lotsa outposts and with Hyperspace Flux and Beast.

gl .. neilkaz ..

You also had the Hyperspace Flux and that slows everything down.

It is time to think Defensive, right?

Expansion is outstripping Production. I am thinking I should have stopped at Kolath because the Meklar will be able to reach everything once Irridium is out.

Since they have the fuel cells and we do not, they can conceivably take out the Mochos System and we have no recourse. This logic says that Mochos was one step too far and Niallar would be two steps too far. Those systems should belong to the Meklar.

There are two cheesy ways I can think of to deal with this.

One is to sign a NAP and buy some time. The other is to wait for them at the most likely striking point, which is not Mochos. With our Resources, we can build a Battleship and hide the Destroyers in the Production Queue.

In the mean time, we can still colonize everything from Lyra to Mochos.

EDIT: I played out another 50 turns and grabbed that monster Dragon Planet. There should be an update Tuesday night.

At this point I think I would nap, trade & research treaty both Meklar and Psilons to buy time to fill in that right hand side of the galaxy.

At this point I think I would nap, trade & research treaty both Meklar and Psilons to buy time to fill in that right hand side of the galaxy.

That would be my plan as well, and as long as he doesn't run into hostiles. Please do have some warships on hand just in case and so the AI's don't regard you as too weak.

This segment features a lot of building. We were kind of stuck for a while with a Hyperspace Beast eating ships.

Research:
T133 Telepathic Training
T140 Terraforming
T142 Tachyon Scanner
T144 Survival Pods
T146 Fusion Bomb
T148 Class 1 Shield
T152 Xeno Psychology
You know we are desperate for Automated Factories when we make a trade like.....

We also traded Class 1 Shield for Hydroponic Farms.
T158 Atmosphere Renewer
T160 Fighter Garrison
Robo Miner Plant from the Meklar for Atmosphere Renewer

T164 Battlestation
T170 Planetary Stock Exchange
T174 Ion Drive
Deuterium Fuel Cells from the Trilarian for Planetary Stock Exchange. This is another desperate trade, but the Deuterium Fuel Cells are needed to get anywhere.
T177 Gyro Destabilizer
T180 Class 3 Shields

Production:

Spoiler :

T153 Automated Factory
T161 Robo Miner Plant
T174 Star Base

T141 Pollution Processor
T150 Terraform to Desert
T153 Automated Factory
T161 Robo Miner Plant
T168 Terraformed to Arid
T173 Atmosphere Renewer
T177 Terraformed to Terran
T180 Star Base
T181 Stock Exchange

T133 Outpost Ship - Established on Lyra T137
T139 Spy
T151 Spy
T153 Automated Factory
T154 Hydroponic Farm
T159 Atmosphere Renewer
T161 Robo Miner Plant
T167 Battlestation
T171 Stock Exchange
T173 Cloning Center
T175 Scout Ant 3
T176 Colony Ship
T177 Spy
T178 Freighter 45
T179 Freighter 50
T180 Freighter 55
T181 Freighter 60

T153 Automated Factory
T161 Terraformed to Terran
T170 Scout Ant 2
T172 Robo Miner Plant
T176 Supercomputer

T141 Planetary Supercomputer
T153 Automated Factory
T165 Robo Miner Plant

T133 Cloning Center
T151 Terraform to Terran
T153 Automated Factory
T161 Robo Miner Plant
T173 Star Base
T177 Supercomputer

T153 Automated Factory
T161 Robo Miner Plant
T166 Star Base
T169 Biospheres
T172 Stock Exchange
T175 Hydroponic Farm

T139 Supercomputer
T147 Terraform to Terran
T155 Automated Factory
T166 Robo Miner Plant
T175 Pollution Processor
T178 Atmosphere Renewer
T179 Biospheres

T140 Biopsheres
T141 Space Academy
T142 Queen Ant N17
T151 Spy
T153 Automated Factory
T154 Hyrdoponic Farm
T155 Spy
T156 Spy
T157 Spy
T158 Spy
T159 Atmosphere Renewer
T160 Spy
T161 Robo Miner Plant
T162 Spy
T163 Spy
T164 Spy
T165 Battlestation
T166 Queen Ant N20
T168 Refit Queen Ant N20 (Yikes this cost 150!)
T169 Refit Army Ant N4a
T171 Stock Exchange
T172 Colony Ship
T176 Spy
T177 Colony Ship
T179 Spy
T180 Spy
T181 Spy

T157 Automated Factory
T168 Robo Miner Plant
T178 Pollution Processor
T179 Biospheres

T134 Research Laboratory
T144 Terraformed to Terran
T148 Pollution Processor
T153 Automated Factory
T154 Planetary SUpercomputer
T161 Robo Miner Plant
T165 Star Base
T167 Hydroponic Farm
T169 Biospheres
T172 Stock Exchange

T158 Automated Factory
T170 Robo Miner Plant
T174 Research Laboratory
T176 Hydroponic Farm

Kraken: (Colonized T131)
T142 Biospheres
T153 Automated Factory
T162 Robo Miner Plant
T172 Terraform to Swamp

Niallar 5: (Colonized T177)
T181 Automated Factory

Piatuos: (Colonized T181)

Exploration:

Spoiler :

T143 Exis System

T174 Scout Ant 2 was destroyed by a Space Dragon at the Piatus System.

T178 Scout Ant 3 explores the Reticuli System but is driven out by a Space Amoeba.

History:

Spoiler :

T131 First things are first - Diplomacy. We sign an Non-Agression Pact with the Melkar. The Psilons do not particularly like us and will sign nothing.

T147 A Hyperspace Beast terrorizes the Galaxy. Its first victim is our Scout Ship on its way to the Piatuous System. It hangs around until T169. In the mean time we focus on building.

T150 to T151 The Meklar and the Trilarians go to war. The Trilarians apparently won a planet as we are in contact with them on T152.

T174 Captain Diablo wants to join. We take a few turns raising the fund and hire him the next turn.

T175 We encounter the Sakkra immediately after researching Deuterium Fuel Cells. We look long and hard for a vast array of Star Systems. Eventually we locate the Sakkra Empire here......

T177 We colonized the distant Niallar 4.

Meanwhile our spies are at work on the Sakkra.

That technology had ants crawling all over it like a piece of bread that has been left on the counter too long.

T181 We defeated the Space Dragon at the Piatuos System. We lost a Battleship because we did not design with Heavy Tritanium Armor. I suppose we would have spent 300 refitting and some turns waiting so basically the colony costs twice as much as normal.

Certainly this colony is worth it. It is now Klackon Territory.

If I counted right we have 10 Star Systems and 15 Colonies.

Here is a map:

Obviously Piatuos is going to get developed as quickly as humanly klackonly possible. We are sending population over as we speak.

The Sakkra are Repulsive and Subterranean and Hi-G and Tolerant. If we can capture a few of them and breed them, we can win the game right here, right? For now they have a number of techs and they are Feudal and -10 Spying and have no Espionage Techs so we have our Spies in there grabbing whatever is not nailed down.

We are working the the Meklar and the Trilarian. The Psilons do not like us. I have not yet tried to spy on them. They have +10 Espionage and a lot of spy tech.

We are down to one Battleship after losing one at Piatuos. We will recover that next turn. Battleships are cheap.

We can colonize the Exis System in a few turns. We will just have to trust the Psilons who really do not like us.

Attachments

• SAVE5.zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 30
This segment features a lot of planet and colony building and a fake war with the Alkari.

Research:
T181 Zortrium Armor from the Ruins at Piatuos
Planetary Radiation Shield from the Meklar for Zortrium Armor
Battle Pods from the Meklar for Planetary Stock Exchange
T183 Neutron Blaster
T188 Weather Control System
T191 Advanced Damage Control
T193 Tractor Beam
T196 Ground Batteries
T199 Mass Driver stolen from the Sakkra
T200 Astro University
T202 Neutronium Armor stolen from the Sakkra
T204 Nano Disassemblers
T207 Planet Construction
T210 Irridium Fuel Cells stolen from the Alkari
Merculite Missiles stolen from the Sakkra
T213 Dimensional Portal stolen from the Alkari
T215 Galactic Unification
T218 Robotic Factory

History:

Spoiler :

T181 After some wheeling and dealing with the Meklar we signed a Non Aggression Pact with the Trilarian.

T182 to T184 There is a brief war between the Meklar and the Trilarian. The Meklar win back their colony and we lose contact with the Trilarian.

T184 We have first contact with the Alkari. They are Democratic and do not really like us and therefore make good spy targets. However we also sign a Trade Treaty with them.

T193 The Psilon offer us a Non Aggression Pact and we take it up. We are back in contact with the Trilarian Empire.

T195 The Bulrathi get a sudden Terran shift on their Ursa 2 Colony

T204 Matrix wants to join us but her price is high and her Spiritual leadership means nothing to us. Meanwhile we are at war! The Alkari have declared war on us over our refusal to give them Gyro Destabilizer. Well now we no longer have to worry about our espionage attempts causing a deterioration of relations or war.

Exploration:

Spoiler :

T187 Fomalhaut System - There is nothing here except a gas giant

T192 Jobe System

T197 The Rhea System reveals a Pirate Cache but little else except for an Asteroid Belt.

Finally on T218, our Scout Ant 3 rolls into the Orion System and gets destroyed by the Guardian.

We have 11 Systems and 23 Colonies:

Spoiler :

Kholdan 1: (Colonized T214)
Huge Barren - Working on Auto Factory

Medium Desert - Getting the Population up

Medium Terran - Fully Developed

Large Terran - Fully Developed

Large Arid Ultra Poor - Currently building Star Base

Medium Terran Poor - Building and colonizing planets in the Kalb System

Large Terran Poor - Fully Developed except for Battlestation

Large Terran - Fully Developed

Kolath 1: (Colonized T217)
Large Barren - Currently working on Automated Factory

Huge Terran Rich Natives - Fully Developed

Medium Terran Poor - Nearly fully developed

Medium Terran Poor - Fully developed

Medium Toxic Ultra Rich Heavy G - Building Housing and populating the Niallar System

Kraken: (Colonized T131)
Tiny Terran Low Gravity - Currently building an Artificial Planet

Niallar 1: (Colonized T192)
Medium Desert - Terraforming

Niallar 2: (Colonized T195)
Medium Desert - Terraforming

Niallar 4: (Colonized T217)
Large Barren - Working on Automated Factory

Niallar 5: (Colonized T177)
Currently building an Artifcal Planet

Piatuos: (Colonized T181)
Huge Rich Artificts - Fully Developed

Exis 1: (Colonized T216)
Large Toxic Rich Heavy G - working on Automated Factory

Exis 2: (Colonized T213)
Medium Toxic - Working on Robo Miner Plant

Exis 3: (Colonized T183)
Small Barren Rich - Building Star Base then Terraforming

Exis 4: (Colonized T204)
Medium Radiated - Building Star Base then Terraforming

Here is the map:

So we have a fake espionage war with the Alkari and an undeclared espionage war with the Sakkra. Relations are okay with the Meklar and the Trilarian and they are improving with the Psilon. We have not yet met the Mrrshan or the Bulrathi but we are sure they do not dominate the Galaxy.

There is a good chance we can open up a Trade or Research Treaty with the Psilon.

The Sakkra are useful until we grab most of their Technology. It looks like all they have left are Reinforced Hull, Inertial Stabilizer, Pulson Missile, and Fusion Rifle. After this we can go in and invade, right? Their Subterranean and fast breeding would be enough for us to win the game.

The Alkari have Holo Simulator, Anti Missile Rockets, ECM Jammer, Uridium Fuel Cells, Positronic Computer, and Rangemaster Unit.

The Psilon have a lot of technology and..... 34 Spies. They have the Stealth Suit over our Galactic Unification. We have 18 defending and 20 each in Sakkra and Alkari territory. We might do well to bring some home.

Attachments

• SAVE6.zip
    18 KB · Views: 50
I plan to post tonight. We were stuck in Hyperspace Flux for about 25 turns then we went and captured the Orion System.

Is there any advice out there for a good fleet to build that will take out Antarans? I have researched Plasma Cannons and can get to Zeon Missiles.

As stated above this segment features a Hyperspace Flux after which we sail for Orion.

Research:
T221 Antimatter Drive
T224 Heightened Intelligence
T226 Jump Gate
T227 Positronic Computer from the Alkari
Pulson Missile from the Sakkra
T228 Personal Shield
Stealth Suit from the Psilon for Heightened Intelligence
Anti Grav Harness from the Psilon for Jump Gate
Reinforced Hull from the Psilon for Survival Pods
Soil Enrichment from the Psilon for Ground Batteries
T230 Rangemaster Unit
T231 Fusion Rifle stolen from the Sakkra
T233 Structural Analyzer
T236 Urridium Fuel Cells stolen from the Mrrshan
T237 Deep Core Mining
ECM Jammer stolen from the Bulrathi
T238 Anti Missile Rockets stolen from the Bulrathi
T239 Phasors
T242 Plasma Cannon
T245 Transporters
T246 Lightning Field
Adamantium Armor stolen from the Alkari
T249 Multi Wave ECM
Autolab stolen from the Alkari
T253 Disrupter Cannon
T255 Megafluxers
T258 Galactic Currency Exchange
Galactic Cybernet stolen from the Alkari
T260 Android Workers
Displacement Device stolen from the Alkari
T262 Virtual Reality Network for what it is worth

History:
Spoiler :

T219 The Psilon are now open to a Research Treaty.

T220 Kalb 2 Colonized

T221 We are now in contact with the Mrrshan. They are not willing to sign deals so we send in some spies.

T222 The First Galactic Council meets. We have enough votes to block any kind of decision.

Niallar 2 is colonized

T224 Zona 2 Colonized

T225 Kalb 5 Colonized

T227 Kraken 2 Colonized

T228 We wheeled and dealed with the Psilons. I cannot believe that this late in the game they have not researched Survival Pods. Also I am not sure what we need Soil Enrichment for - free money?

T232 Kalb 4 Colonized

T236 Stealing the Urridium Fuel Cells from the Mrrshan puts us into contact with the Bulrathi.

T239 The Galaxy is hit with a Hyperspace Flux. This hits just when Orion comes into range and we are contemplating how to build a fleet and take it. The Hyperspace Flux lasts until T254.

T240 The Antarans also show up. They decide to go after the Sakkra for some reason.

T241 Kalb 1 Colonized

The Mrrshan decided to start a war with us..... over Fighter Bays.

T246 Another Election is held with no conclusive results.

T249 We hired Karg the Galaxy's Smartest Space Dog.

T250 Exis 5 is colonized. We were framed by the Psilons for stealing from the Meklar. The Meklar cancel all their agreements with us.

T255 With Megafluxers in place, we design and refit our Battleships to fly to Orion.

T262 We arrive at the Orion System and pick a fight with the Guardian.

It is no contest and the Autofire Phasors rip across the shields. Only two of our Battleships saw any action.

Here is our prize, Orion. As usual we will send about 20 colonists over and jump start it. We should have it up and running in about 20 Turns.

As another prize we have some Technology.....

....and Locknar's Battleship!

Here is our map:

Here are our colonies:

There are two ways we can go from here. We can go tearing all over the Galaxy and wipe up everything we see or we can build a fleet and go after the Antarans.

Which weapons are best against the Antarans?

Top Bottom