Moo3 economy guide / lets play

peddroelm

King
First videos cover a lot of critical game mechanics information that is mostly missing from the game's manual ..

First video presents general economy concepts (with diagrams)
Seconds video deals mostly with various DEAs output formulas

From third video on - split screen actual gameplay silicoid vs tachidi games to illustrate some mechanics by contrast/comparison ..

youtube playlist link

What mod is used for these? I found MOO3 unplayable when it first came out and was bored to death compared to MOO2. I never finished a game and never went back to it.

Perhaps with a good mod and these vids I and others could learn to enjoy MOO3.

Same for me, never finished first game!
Remember searching for 5+ mins just how to build a colony base :crazyeye:
But this mod a first glance looks to be an improvement, I still got the cd's.

edit: the race design/art was pretty cool in MOO3

"..Since the UO Metapatch attempt has well and truly died, I have decided to try and pick up the pieces myself. The main focus of the UO Metapatch was to make a mod that fixed MOO3 enough so that it played as it was intended to play. I have put together a mod that incorporates all the fixes for MOO3 currently available, primarily as a first stop for people trying to get MOO3 working. This will be Stage 1, now renamed to 'Vanilla'. I will expand it later to become a more encompasing mod, but each stage will remain independant.

MoO3 Unofficial Patch Mod *Strawberry* v1.1
PURPOSE : To produce a mod that incorporates all fixes/changes in the Vanilla stage, while expanding it to include Graphics, Sound, other cosmetic changes, and extras that expand the vanilla game. It should fix all known bugs or gameplay issues in the game and add extra components that do not change the game ... beyond that it should add nothing that changes the gameplay in anyway from vanilla. See contents for examples.

1. Install MOO3
2. Patch MOO3 to V.1.25 (Get it at http://www.moo3.at/dl/file.php?id=31)
3. Extract the "UOP_Strawberry_V1.0.zip" file to the MOO3 directory.
4. Extract the "UOP_Strawberry_V1.1.zip" file to the MOO3 directory.

If the game doesn't start get the main .exe from tropical mod . .."

http://www.moo3.at/mods/

I used strawberry 1.1 . Bug fixes and increased resolution .. No changes to game mechanics//balance//tech tree // tech pace ..

I played a lot of the Strawberry patch in the past. Can't recall if you need the resolution mod or if it is in strawberry. It ups the screen to 1024 iirc. I still hate how much work it is to take down a planet, even with advance ships.

I missed the old moo bombing them to death. Will try to get a peek at the LP.

Top Bottom