1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mood

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by lasombra1984, May 1, 2011.

1. lasombra1984

lasombra1984 Prince

What AIs do you consider winner mood & what a loser mood?:)

As for me, for example Good Mood AIs are: Mansa Musa, Pacal, Justinian& Zara Yacob
    And by the parity of reasoning Losers are Tokugawa, Wang Kong, Sitting Bull, Hammurabi

2. Wheatandoats

Wheatandoats Chieftain

I'm guessing you mean which civs are more likely to win the game and which ones just suck....

PS: I'm in a good mood. =]

3. jgroth1978

jgroth1978 Warlord

I think Montezuma needs Zoloft. Other than that, I think the civs that tech well would qualify as winners.

4. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

Ragnar is a beast of an AI. I've been destroyed by him many times.

Sury and Cather is good too

5. The7Sins

The7Sins Hungry Burger

Best - Shaka. Oh dear lord Shaka. Except my most recent game (where he is being tooled by a @ start of war 1 city Pacal) he runs away with the game with only me and my vassals able to stop him.

Worst - Sitting Bull. Kinda sad when in an 18 civ game 16 of them are @ war with 1 AI. (The 17th was killed earlier by myself.) Besides I have never seen a game he has not pissed off everyone into warring with him until he dies. He techs well sure but that does not outweigh everything else.

6. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

This mirrors my experiences. Shaka, like Ragnar and Nappy are warmongers who tech reasonably. They're dangers to win and they get noticed - no sneaky culture wins - they come after you.

Mansa and HC, if left alone, are dangerous. Mansa, if he vassalizes to somebody else, is a real problem. Cathy's UnitProb is low, so she isn't too hard to deal with but, as with most Rexers, you can't just leave her alone.

The AI's that don't expand usually aren't much of a risk unless they vassalize and pursue culture. Exceptions are Monty, Genghis and Alex. Warmongers who tech very poorly. Never had them do anything towards winning.

7. The7Sins

The7Sins Hungry Burger

The last bit I disagree with on Genghis. He is always a big threat especially on Earth based maps. He can easily get domination via warmongering his weak neighbors.
    As for Alex I rarely have him as an AI mainly due to him being played by me a lot so i couldn't say on him.
    As for Monty he won my game 2 games ago via the AP vote. Sad thing is he was my Capitulated Vassal and he still won the vote to win (headdesk). Well I learned my lesson and reloaded an earlier save in order to kill Stalin (the one who built the AP) and burn down St. Petersburg before the vote will come up.
    This was also the first game I have seen the AP be used for Christianity.

8. Revenant

Revenant Warlord

Leaders like Joao, Mansa Musa, Huayna Capac and Zara Yaqob can be deadly in most games. Gilgamesh is definitely another to look out for. His traits may not seem great, but he somehow manages to do pretty well for himself.

9. lasombra1984

lasombra1984 Prince

You can easily adopt Free Religion, then switch yours Vassals in a Free Religion & then switch back in a Org. Religion or Theocracy.

Something like on a screenshot.

Attached Files:

10. rugbyLEAGUEfan

rugbyLEAGUEfan Deity

Imperialistic and creative seem to be the best traits in the hands of the AI followed by financial , expansive and organized .

I think it's because these traits require less finesse than the "war traits" . Philosophical and spiritual also tend to be more effective in human hands

11. The7Sins

The7Sins Hungry Burger

While true I can force Monty into Free Religion (I've been in it since I built the Paya and now myself and vassals have Liberalism) it still will not get rid of the threat of the AP and then eventually Stalin will be elected into it to replace Monty if I do that. No just better if I go to war and burn St. Petersburg to the ground. I am going for a conquest victory anyway so its not completely ruining my plans. Just I was not wanting to war with Stalin yet. Sury was my next intended target. But he will live for a bit longer now.

12. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

If Gilgamesh had another trait besides Protective, he'd be deadly. He has one good trait, along with a better UB and UU than most. He's also pretty middle of the road and expands well. He doesn't rub warmongers the wrong way like SB and, like Shaka, seems to use "judgement" in deciding who to attack to get larger. I find Gilgamesh pretty good to play as well.

How well an AI does often depends more upon their "flavor" than traits. Toku is doomed by his isolationist ways and poor expansion, while Sitting Bulls low peaceweight means he's constantly at war with a psycho. The only poor expander who's dangerous is Mansa because of his "strategy" of vassalizing to a powerful Civ and gunning for culture. I understand Ghandi will do this too but have limited experience with him.

13. rugbyLEAGUEfan

rugbyLEAGUEfan Deity

Must......resist.....whinging....about....annoying....red....font.

Surely someone else will do it first ?

No ? Ok , I can't help it......that red font is really really annoying

14. The7Sins

The7Sins Hungry Burger

I post in the font and color I do to honor my favorite sports team.

15. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

I thought the colour was cool :D

16. rugbyLEAGUEfan

rugbyLEAGUEfan Deity

Well I'm pretty full on too in my support of my favourite football team , so that's a good enough reason for me :)

17. MCan

MCan Warlord

Cincinnati Reds?

18. Cristoval

Cristoval Warlord

What do you guys think of Victoria and Catherine? Both create large stable empires that rival mine usually, or is it just me?

19. The7Sins

The7Sins Hungry Burger

Ew. Not even close (or even right sport). And I did say my font was also part of it. Think on this young padawan.

20. MCan

MCan Warlord

Well its red. Is it bold? Red Bulls? Georgia font? Wrong sport? Ew? Seems American. Thrashers? They probably have more fans than the Hawks! Young Padawan is stumped.