More careful climate research - same conclusions

Ayatollah So

the spoof'll set you free
The Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature study, led by Richard Muller, re-analyzed climate data to correct for flaws alleged in earlier studies. They found that the average world land temperature has risen about 1 deg C since the mid-1950s. The new analysis directly addresses the urban heat island effect, poor station quality, and the risk of data selection bias.
Richard A. Muller said:
Our biggest surprise was that the new results agreed so closely with the warming values published previously by other teams in the U.S. and the U.K.

Berkeley Earth summary said:
Stations ranked as "poor" in a survey by Anthony Watts and his team ... showed the same pattern of global warming as stations ranked "OK".

The study doesn't address the causes of the warming, only the magnitude.

The best part? The biggest of their list of donors:
Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation ($150,000)

More proof that serious scientific inquiry will trump over those who would corrupt it. Huzzahs are in order!

This is just what the climate conspiracy one worlder lizardpeople WANT you to think.

SCIENTISTS ARE MARXISTS IN LAB COATS

This is why we need to support banking, one of the cleanest industries out there.

The study doesn't address the causes of the warming, only the magnitude.
Yeah, there's really no surprises at all here.

Unfortunately the usual political propaganda and climate denialist rhetoric tends to focus on the former these days.

These are all lies. I am going to picket every scientific seminar I see, and personally make sure to throw my feces at leading scientific figures to really show how full of crap their lies are!

This was sarcasm, BY THE WAY.

I'm sure this won't make any difference to the climate science deniers. Still, much respect to Richard Muller for being able to change his mind, and risk his funding by doing so.

I thought this hadn't been peer reviewed yet?

Anyway, I find that most skeptics are accepting that there's warming. They just don't buy the AGW link. I don't quite understand that, because everyone accepts the CO2 -> warming principle ...

Anyway, Stanford recently released a 'downside' to the fact that the urban heat effect didn't have large explanatory power. This means that 'white roofs' won't reduce AGW directly. That said, it will still help decrease power consumption and the increasing trend of urban heat!
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111020025802.htm

What I watch now (since nearly everyone accepts that there's warning) is signs of species stress. If the climate is warming, this means that species need to migrate in order to maintain their ecosystems. The big concern is if there's anywhere for important maintenance species to migrate to, if their habitats are surrounded by non-ideal lands.

It won't deal a critical blow to the sceptics until the link between human activity and global warming is shown.

Berkley ? Isn't that one of the most liberal islamo-fascist nazicommunist treehugging babykiller colleges in the USA ?

Well, the high priests of climatanity must re-energise the flock to remain sufficiently faithful in the divine truth.

Berkley ? Isn't that one of the most liberal islamo-fascist nazicommunist treehugging babykiller colleges in the USA ?

Ah... But their biggest single donor is the Charles G Koch Charitable Foundation, a heavily conservative organisation!

Ah... But their biggest single donor is the Charles G Koch Charitable Foundation, a heavily conservative organisation!

Then the university should be prosecuted for fraud for taking money and not delievering the desired results.

It's pretty obvious that Global Warming exists.

^ That's not the point. The point is who is causing this? Is it anthropogenic global warming? Or is it due to naturally-occurring trends which our science still can't understand?

It's the latter possibility which is causing all the political hate.

Top Bottom