1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Pouakai, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Arabia is a joke? What?
    Also, question: I looked at the code for Cordoba... And noticed the Chinook's decision inside it.

2. LEBrianBoru

LEBrianBoru Chieftain

Has anybody considered making an Ireland mod. Not necessarily one from the gaelic era of Irish civilization (already provided for with the Celtic Civilizations modpack on steam) but rather one from around the time of Irish independence or even modern day Ireland. The leader wouldn't have to be a Taoiseach (as they are rubbish) but rather a revolutionary like Michael Collins or even a President like Mary Robinson.

If it was a modern day themed mod, the leader could be Mary Robinson and the UA could be called "The Celtic Tiger" and could grant extra gold yield from all cities in a golden era. The UU could be an Irish Offshore Patrol Vessel which could replace the destroyer unit and could receive a combat strength boost in Irish waters. The UB could be a Credit Union, which replaces the bank, and provides more gold than the bank.

If it was an Irish independence themed mod, the leader could be Michael Collins and the UA could be called "Amhrán na bhFiann" and could grant two extra spies. The UU could be called IRA Flying Column which would be a guerilla unit and would utilise the worker's 3D model and would replace the great war infrantry. It could maybe receive strength in Irish borders as well. I am not too sure on a UB yet.

Note: These are just ideas, I have found your civs to be excellent with great thought put into them.

3. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

I would certainly be all for a Republic of Ireland civ, though I think de Valera would be a better choice for the leader - given that he was it's actual leader. I guess if you were focussing on the aspect of rebellion and whatnot then Collins would be a better leader, though I'd like to see them both. I'd like to see a cultural side focus for a revolutionary Irish civ, given the impact of the Celtic revival and how it inspired numerous Irish revolutionary movements.

I'm not entirely sure about giving a modern Irish civ a gold focus however, I know that the Celtic Tiger was successful for a while but I'm pretty sure it's better known internationally for crashing spectacularly. I do agree that Robinson would be far and away the best choice for a modern Ireland however.

4. GeneralSecura

GeneralSecura Chieftain

I just downloaded the Polynesia split and Kamehameha has a text error in the civ selection menu. Instead of "Kamehameha - Hawaii" it says "TXT_KEY_LEADER_KAMEHAMEHA_DESC - Hawaii".

5. Natan35

Hiram made an Irish civ lead by Brian Boru as part of his Celtic split.

6. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

Celtic Ireland =/= Modern Ireland.

It's like saying that we don't need an America Civ because there already are the Iroquois and the Shoshone.

7. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Making good process, hopefully It'll soon be ready!

8. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

FTFY

In all seriousness, what GPuzzle says is right - and one of the primary reasons why I would love to see a Modern/Revolutionary Irish civ (Not counting Uighur_Caesar's upcoming NI civ). That said this is all off topic, as I'm sure More Civs have their work cut out for them what with all the pre-planned civs and the secret project.

Speaking of planned civs, the Calusa Icon and leaderscene look beautiful as always - curious to see what their uniques will be however, given what we know of their society.

9. Natan35

Where does it say in my post that we don't need another Ireland? I said a Brian boru civ was made. That's it. Didn't say Ireland is covered, didn't say we shouldn't have more Irelands, etc.
    (Also forgive my memory pls)

And that's some nice art, Sukritact! Though communities map already has rivers of grass... :lol:

10. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Rumours portend that the secret project may be not not released on Aleksandr's birthday!

Though I wonder if it shall come before the Greek split - any... any news on that?

11. Monkeyman27

Monkeyman27 Chieftain

Yeah, any news on the Greek split? If not, I am pretty sure that we are all extremely excited about 3 new civs announced!

12. Natan35

Bug report: I'm playing against the Ashanti, and from some reason, they had(according to the game and info addict) the biggest military in the game. They had 6 abrades and cannon, while I had 7 infantry, 3 tanks and two rocket artillery. How does that make any sense?

13. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

Deleted. I misread.

14. local_hero

local_hero Prince

Although I have yet to play all of your civilisations, I realised I have played many and that I consider many of them as absoulte favourites. Thus I decided to make my top-5 list of your mods!

1. The Sámi. From early days of constant crashing, suddenly it's working perfectly. And they are very fun to play with the Boazovazzi and the other elements helps in making the inhospitable land quite enjoyable to settle. :) Of course, I rate this a lot due to my Sami ancestry.
    2. The Gauls. The UA, when it pays of, grants immense satisfaction for me. I don't know why. The artwork is super neat and I even like the UU, even though I've rarely benefitted from it's ability. Oh, and I nearly shat myself too the first time it happened. Was not prepared for the sound.
    3. Tuscany. I love building wonders! And I get my next GA sooner. And more room to store great works of art. Condottiere is a favourite one too. And I actually like the decisions for it Sukritact. :)

Now it's getting real hard since I have to decide which to leave out of the top 5.

4. Tibet. Perhaps obvious by now, I like tall peaceful gameplay. And don't you hate when those pesky unworkable mountains are present (Except for the one required for Machu Picchu and Neuschwanstein). Not a problem. And getting the Chorten to level up is nice. :)

5. The Buccaneers. I don't know if you'll ever revisit this civ again with some mod support, as it is a april fools day civ? I sure like it a lot anyway though. Thematically it's just nice. Plundering trade routes are always very enjoyable. The UI makes me smile.

(Realise I just left out the Mughals, Scotland, Phoenicia etc. .__.'')

The Moors, I feel confident that once I've played them more they'll make it into the top 5.

15. ray111

ray111 Chieftain

For some reason, Scotland is missing civ4 traitsfor me, at least on the selection screen.

I'd also love some "dumbed down" model of Distillery for Buccaneers (and preferably smaller - it looks bigger than a city) - as this one causes screen to flicker unless you zoom in like crazy on the distillery, or have no distillery in sight, making it unplayable (got GT540M 2GB, so no, it's not just AMD issue unfortunately. Something's seriously wrong with shadows on the "tower" part of distillery).

Also, if you ever redo the Buccaneers - changing the effect of pillaging trade routes to instantly "level up" would probably make a lot of sense - pirates get goodies other than just gold from boarding ships.

16. Natan35

huh. my favorite civ is Hawaii.

17. Alganon

Alganon Warlord

Are this icons for a MC Civ in the future?

Annnd I found the Tuareg map

18. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Don't open Pouakai's wounds again. Not so soon. :p

19. local_hero

local_hero Prince

Btw, does Tuscany really have Cultural Diversity Support? They are in the colonial group for me but I can't find the support for it in the files.

20. Monkeyman27

Monkeyman27 Chieftain

Aren't the first 2 icons from Jfd's Prussia? I think that was Jfd's Prussia, the one with the death heads hussar and the other infantry who's name I can't remember.