1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Pouakai, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

The DoM is a bit short, but could definitely work it into a bigger one, cheers. As for the city state, I kind of want to make it Pristina just because the steam comments will be hilarious, though I think Durazzo or Trieste would be a better choice.

Not sure whether they'll be out before the end of the year - I'd like to get them done by then, but with Christmas in retail I'm working 50 hour weeks and have barely any time. Meanwhile Jan is completely burnt out and I don't want to force him to work on stuff he isn't motivated to do, and Greece still requires a tonne of text and other stuff before it's ready.

2. Mingel

Mingel Warlord

Once again thank you for doing Serbia WW1 civ,i'm glad that didn't end up just as project, now if it comes in 5 days or 2 months it doesn't matter, and as i would like to see it in 5 days, it's better to take longer time but to be really good done, for good things need time.

3. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

I'd go with Pristina. If anything, it can be changed to Trieste once Our World eventually releases Kosovo.

4. Guillelmus

Guillelmus Chieftain

For some reason the Calusa aren't appearing on YNAEMP v.23 for me, even though they do appear on normal maps, and the Tuscans appear normally on YNAEMP v.23. Strange, since they do have mod support for YNAEMP...

5. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Speaking of the Calusa, as I might've mentioned earlier, they need a nerf. Especially the decisions: every tile with a road gets +1 culture and +1 production, its kinda insane.

6. local_hero

local_hero Prince

Hold your horses Natan. Flat tiles with an improvement (for example a farm) which has a road built on it becomes a marsh while the farm remains. So it gets quite strong. I don't think that's intended Natan, just an overlook.

If that is what you mean?

Edit: Love the UA btw. I reckon the Netherlands are jealous. They need it. :)

7. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Yes, that is what I mean.

8. TLhikan

TLhikan Chieftain

Hello! Sorry if this has been asked before, but are their any plans to fix the graphics bug on the Buccaneer UI? Thanks!

9. Pouakai

Yeah, but we may need to get an entirely new model since we still don't know what caused it

10. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

What has happened to Laos? It seemed so close to completion.

11. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

It's waiting on Leugi IIRC

12. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

13. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

I might be wrong, but I thought the major hold up was that Leugi was needed to make the UU model or something.

14. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Out of curiosity, are there any plans for a QOL update for the India split? I recall it had some errors with compatibility, or something along those lines.

15. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I can confirm it doesn't have CulDiv support.

16. Pouakai

There are, we just need to finalise decision ideas and get them coded up properly.

17. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Is the same true for the Celts?

18. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

Hopefully some of these ideas help with the Indian decisions. Natan had suggested some for the Chola a post or so before this one as well.

Spoiler :

19. SilentPeat

SilentPeat Chieftain

After playing a silly amount of games and hours on civ seeing these new civs with great designs was breath taking and refreshing. I would like to give my opinion on individual civs as I play through them.

I played a game as the Galls with seven other civs off your list, and quickly noticed how over powered the galls were. Not because of the warrior ability which wasn't of much use in a quick game but rather the fact that by turn 100 I had a count of 13 gold resources. This gave huge amounts of excess money very early which allowed for an even larger amount of military units. The only thing stopping me from declaring war on all seven other civs and winning in 20 turns was me wanting to test the other civs and make sure that mine wasn't the only overly strong leader.

Late game came around ar around turn 230, by this time it became obvious that because the excess gold I held sway with other civs gaining even more money with trades and resources becoming the dominant leader by an extreamly far margin.

Anyways, I'd recommend that instead of 100% find gold on hills making it 33% or even lower because of how overly strong it is. Thanks, I would love to play more and I definitely will with different civs(I'll upload a video of my game eventually to youtube)

20. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

I looked into the code itself, and mate, you lucked out. Just lucked out hard.

It's not 100% at all.