1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Civilisations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Pouakai, Apr 23, 2013.

1. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

In regards to bugs, the first that come to mind are present in Mercia - or particularly it's E&D support, with the Wizengamot decision being unselectable.

Is that all of Serbia's art finished then, and is there any chance we'll see Carol's rerelease around the same time?

2. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

The Slavs' UA applies to every player in the game.

3. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

I just see Carol's new LS and I must say it could be my new favourite Janboruta LS (if Walrus-France did'nt top this LS)! :D

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

*sad music*

5. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

You dropped him, noble Modjesty. :p

EDIT: And I guess Simeon or Vlad III will top everything. ;)

6. TranquilSilence

No matter what happens now, I will always be saddened that this will not be Clemenceau LS :p

Carol looks fantastic by the way - are his uniques going to be changing at all, or will he mostly be receiving an art/compatibility update?

EDIT: Icons for Romania and Serbia look awesome, really hyped for the remainder of the WW1 Civs

Chiming in on this, it is also probably a little too stronk - at least with CulDiv currently - Nikolot is all but guaranteed to get the first Pantheon and religion

7. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Chieftain

Oh, true. Mostly meant the Seleucids could do a design rework, their UA is... a little lackluster, operating kind of like just a UB, from what I recall. Something that does my favorite Diadochi better justice would be appreciated. So I'm not just complaining without offering solutions, I could think up some ideas for a replacement UA if you'd like, granted a few days.

8. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

As far as I can tell, the Seleucids will be redesigned one way or the other, that's for sure. The UU and UB stay as they are, but their effects could also be made a bit more complex or fitting the new UA design. I suppose that any ideas are welcome - we're working on other civs right now, but it would be a neat idea to update the Seleucids at the time when we'd be close to finishing the Greek split.

9. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'd love to have a decent design that still echoes Hiram's original, since most have said that it needs at least something. Most of the other current stuff on our plate is just updating stuff and a couple current projects (the release date of which will depend upon how my upcoming wisdom tooth removal goes) but we're actually making progress on things for once, which is awesome.

10. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

The second coming of The Bringer of Art, Jan the Magnificent, has truly ended a dark age for the community in respect to new custom civs!

Super hyped for the projects back on track as well as upcoming updates!!

11. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

Jan the Twiceborn, Bringer of Spring, Beauty and Beer.

12. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

13. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

So you're doing a Kingdom of Greece of pre-WWI at some point, hmm? Obviously the leader should be George I solely by virtue of his mustache (and also uh i guess being the only king of Greece that was remotely popular and secure)

14. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx Duke of Savoy

Ah everybody forgets poor Otto. Not that I actually blame them even remotely.

15. TranquilSilence

I presumed that Venizelos would be the leader, though I guess having George I would differentiate it from OW's planned Greece if that ever gets made.

16. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

KoG is in fairly early stages still, and as such we haven't decided entirely on a leader yet. That said, it would definitely be in that early period - either Otto or George, most likely, but Venizelos (Eleftherios, I presume?) seems like a really interesting choice. He'd bring Greece into the fold of the WW1 civs too, which would be cool. Once we get these current civs all sorted I'll have to talk to Jan about it and see what he thinks.

Speaking of current civs though, Serbia's nearing completion nicely. Just need a pedia for Trieste (replacement for Belgrade) (*hint*) and to try and decipher which of the thousands of various mod support mods are actually still in existence, and which have been replaced by new mods.

17. Mingel

Mingel Warlord

SERBIA HYPPEEEE,any teaser like Jan is doing on FB page ?

18. TranquilSilence

I guess you could argue that Venizelos would be more appropriate for a general Greek civ given his status as the 'Founder of Modern Greece', and the fact that he came into conflict with the monarchy might ruin the whole kingdom angle. That said, he did play a part in bringing KoG into WW1 - so I guess it really depends whether you want to make it part of the WW1 civs, or just a general civ in that period.

Or who Jan wants to make art for more :p

Is Romania's update likely to come after Serbia then?

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

If you're doing Venizelos, I'm doing King Waluigi George I. I mean, that's what I would say if I weren't artistically handicapped - and interested. Which I'm not really :p I'd much rather... Queen Lili...

20. TranquilSilence

No love for Wilhelmina and Manuel II? :p