More Civilisations

Omg, Righteous Army UU.

Serious question: What the heck is that in Mexico on the OP map? Also, Pouakai will have to update the map for Serbia.

The Apaches robbed the land from the mexicans. :D

Omg, Righteous Army UU.

Serious question: What the heck is that in Mexico on the OP map?

My crushed hopes and dreams for a civ from the American southwest

Also, Pouakai will have to update the map for Serbia.
Think I'll wait a bit until the next batch of civs is announced so that I can do them at the same time without ruining the surprise

But yeah, Greek split. What are you waiting on? I'm prepared to have a shot at a pedia and cheat my way onto the credits.
A couple of icons for Athens and Pergamon, some code, and a bunch of pedias:

Pergamon
  • DoM
  • Civ pedia
  • Leader pedia
  • UU pedia
  • UB pedia
Macedon
  • Updated DoM (Current one talks about Greece as a whole, IIRC)
  • Civ pedia
  • UU pedia (Phalangitai)
Sparta
  • Civ Pedia
  • Leader Pedia
  • UB Pedia
Athens
  • DoM? (I think I remember an old Pericles one floating around somewhere)
  • Civ pedia
  • Leader pedia
  • Academy pedia
City States
  • Corinth pedia
  • Thebai pedia
  • Olympia pedia
  • Epidauros pedia
  • Ephesus pedia
  • Delphi pedia
  • Miletus pedia

So yeah, if you could do any of those that'd be awesome

The peltast was a type of infantryman, common in Greece during the Classical period. Originating in Thrace, the peltast soon became a feature of most Greek city-state armies, usually as mercenaries. The peltast wore no armour except for a light shield, and were armed with javelins, which could be thrown more than twenty-five metres by a well-trained soldier, or more if bolstered by a device such as the ankyle. While typically outclassed by a hoplite phalanx in combat, the peltast had numerous advantages due to their ranged attack and greater mobility: they could easily evade or outrun the heavily-armoured soldiers and effectively retaliate if formation was broken. There were multiple examples of peltasts defeating hoplites, usually thanks to uneven terrain or unorganised troops. However, the best equipped armies of that period used a mixture of both hoplite and peltast, as well as other troops such as archers. Overall, while less armoured or powerful than the typical infantry, the mobility and range of the peltast troops proved to be a valuable asset on the battlefields of Classical Greece.

Not sure if I'm the best person for this job :p

Not a bad pedia, but - and I hate to tell you this - you've got the wrong unit altogether. I'm presuming it's for Pergamon's UU, which is actually a Rhodian Slinger - a light mercenary unit imported from the island of Rhodes who you really don't want to get on the wrong side of

Not a bad pedia, but - and I hate to tell you this - you've got the wrong unit altogether. I'm presuming it's for Pergamon's UU, which is actually a Rhodian Slinger - a light mercenary unit imported from the island of Rhodes who you really don't want to get on the wrong side of

Remind me never to trust the Civ Customisation wiki. Ever :(

I'll see what I can do. Would help if I knew what the UU and UB were just in the post there, in order to prevent people from relying on outdated sources :crazyeye:

I'll see what I can do. Would help if I knew what the UU and UB were just in the post there, in order to prevent people from relying on outdated sources :crazyeye:

Funny thing is, that the wiki technically isn't outdated on this issue - just plain wrong. Someone got the wrong idea (despite the Thracian civ already using the Peltast :p) a while ago and the wiki never got changed - despite the fact that Pouakai confirmed it was the Slinger a wee while ago.

Never mind, I've corrected the UU's name on the wiki now in any case.

UB for Pergamon is the Odeon, UB for Sparta should be in the BR stuff, and Macedon's UU is there already. I think the Athenian stuff needs pedias too, but I'll double check first since it's not on the list so someone may have already covered it and checked it off

Famed for their skill, Rhodian slingers were – as the name suggests – mercenary slingers hailing from the island of Rhodes. As the island was protected by sea, the slingers were free to battle for armies across the Mediterranean – for a price, of course. Able to hit targets up to four hundred metres away, the slinger had a clear advantage over the average archer or peltast, as their wide range allowed them to attack without putting themselves within reach of any enemy projectiles. Additionally, their lack of armour gave them a very high mobility, allowing them to outpace or escape the heavily defended infantry of the time. While weak in close combat, the Rhodian slinger’s high power and long range made them a valuable asset on the battlefields of Classical Greece.

Hmm?

I also have no idea how long these pedias are supposed to be :p
I mean, Firaxis usually writes around 100 words IIRC, but I've had three-paragraph UB pedias in CL...

Well, if you still wanted to do it CL could take up the mantle. Neirai can pump out code in an hour if he's motivated by a leaderscreen lol.

I made a map for the Apache a while ago, I think someone else was working on it? Uighur maybe?

I had stuff for the LH gathered and even started doing the background, but the idea fizzled out quickly. I still have the psd somewhere, might revisit it if there's enough momentum to get the civ done. I've got a lot of catching up to do though, so it would be pushed back to the bottom of my to-do list regardless.

Top Bottom