More Civilisations

Well, Israel was done before I joined the team (with only one of its updates after that) hence its sort of a inside/outside mystery :p , if you guys are willing to incorporate it here (and now that it doesn't have rabbis it seems more likely :p ) I'm all for it.

Speaking of Phoenicia, someone just released a Phoenician civ today on Steam.

At the moment it would conflict with Israel though due to having Sidon and Tyre in its city list (and Byblos but I don't think anyone is using that one..........).

At the moment it would conflict with Israel though due to having Sidon and Tyre in its city list (and Byblos but I don't think anyone is using that one..........).

The game already handles name conflicts fairly well. Whoever builds the city first gets it.

Given that Sidon and Tyre are both Phoenician cities, it makes sense to remove them from the Israeli city list.

Eh, just keep them there - with civs with such overlapping borders like that, there's bound to be name similarities. At the time of Israel, Sidon and Tyre were major urban centers within their domain, so not including them because another civ has them is sorta needless - if Phoenicia is on the map they'll just have them first and Israel will move onto the next city in their list.

I think Leugi mentioned redoing the city list anyway on the Israel thread (I could be wrong....).

I hope to see Phoenicia come from this project.

Going back to this original post, if you guys did make Phoenicia, how would it be different from LS's Phoenicia and the one just released yesterday (which sadly misspells Tyre as Trye.........)?

Going back to this original post, if you guys did make Phoenicia, how would it be different from LS's Phoenicia and the one just released yesterday (which sadly misspells Tyre as Trye.........)?

janboruta's art... need more be said?

Hmm, the Ayyubids seem a bit...bland, compared to the others. And I find it a little misrepresenting, actually, that sultanate was very heavy on strenghening Islam in particular and educating those teachings.

Personally I'd change it up to be more like this:

UA: Land of a Thousand Minarets - Enters a Golden Age upon creating a Pantheon and founding, enhancing, and reforming a Religion. After completing one Social Policy tree, each city gains Faith equal to 50% of excess Happiness, and Golden Age points equal to 25% of generated Faith.

UU: Mamluk - Replaces Knight. Prevents religious conversions and exerts Pressure on a city it is stationed in, and has a 25% bonus to attacking Cities.

UB: Madrasah - Replaces University. +2 additional Faith, and +2 Gold for each religion in the city.

A lot more powerful and dynamic than the sort of vanilla-seeming setup before, and goes well with all these other really potent civs in here. As of right now they're just kinda boring.

Using already-existing luxury resources in a UA is underpowered. It seems a better idea to create a new luxury a la Indonesia, and give Phoenicia that in every coastal city.

Alternatively, you could just use the Tyrian Purple concept in a UB as opposed to in the UA.

Top Bottom