More Civilisations

I have to admit I like your civs even though they are madly printing LUA logs and I have to disable them during tests. :) SaveUltis.
You even come up with the same ability of increasing movement points of embarked units.
Of course, good job Sukritact (forget to write this, because was astonished by someone's leaderscreen).

Eh? Which file? After Tuscany I think I've disabled SaveUtils from printing those logs.

Anyway, glad you all like it. Now go get rich.

Oh and a Steam Workshop link added.

Although I participated in the process, I still would like to say Phoenicia is my favorite modded civ up to now, love how well it ends up ingame and as an adversary.

So as it turns out, I've had to take my PC in for repairs. They said it should only take a couple days, but that might be anywhere from tomorrow to next week, which could mean India is delayed in release. Sorry everyone, I'll try to get it sorted out as soon as I can!

Maybe warranty laws are different in the Kingdom and Republic of New Zealand...

From what I can remember off the top of my head:

Mughals get extra yields from buildings and wonders during golden ages
Maratha can conscript military units using city population
Chola get Great Admiral points and influence from city state trade
Maurya get bonuses during peace based on their success in the war

Oh, and India has extra growth in cities next to rivers based on how many religions are in the city instead of their negative UA aspect

Actually; this is a good chance to test out the wording of the UAs; This is Maurya's, I've been worried whether the wording is clear enough.

Chakravartin: Upon making peace, receive :c5culture: Culture per turn from followers of your religion. The bonus increases with the number of cities captured in the previous war. The bonus is lost and reset on capturing a city or declaring war.

Can I ask what you understand from this?

Full detailed explanation:
Spoiler :
The Maurya UA is much like the Byzantine UA in that you need to found a religion for it to be any use. It's even more complex in that you need to have captured at least a single city for it to do anything. The amount you get per religious follower increases as you conquer more cities (though there's a cap). If you declare war (someone declaring war on you doesn't count), or capture a city, then the entire bonus is reset. (though if you reset it via capturing, the bonus is reset to one rather than zero).

You will not get any culture until you're no longer involved in ANY wars. The bonus only kick in in times of peace. Basically, the best strategy for Muarya is:

1. Go conquer all your neighbors
  2. Make peace and stay at peace
  3. Found a religion at any point in this process
  4. Profit

I admit, the whole thing is complex; but has great synergy with the UB; the Pillars of Ashoka are buildable in all cities, cost less maintenance, provide a trickle of faith, and will provide a one time 75% coversion of the city's population to your faith.

Ultimately, high investment, high rewards. (especially since the bonus culture is for followers of your faith EVERYWHERE, though those outside your empire will provide a bit less).

I've not actually checked them out yet, so I can probably answer it. Basically, you get more culture from the guys following your religion, and if you capture more cities, you get more cultures (legit word) and then when you're an idiot and decided to declare war/capture a city (I assume that someone else declaring war doesn't do anything?) the bonus is lost and your culture growth is destroyed and it's game over for the Maurya. Amirite?

I've not actually checked them out yet, so I can probably answer it. Basically, you get more culture from the guys following your religion, and if you capture more cities, you get more cultures (legit word) and then when you're an idiot and decided to declare war/capture a city (I assume that someone else declaring war doesn't do anything?) the bonus is lost and your culture growth is destroyed and it's game over for the Maurya. Amirite?

You can check the answer in my edited statement above! ;)

Yeah, the UA text is clear enouhg, but I'm wondering if the ability itself is over-complex. Obiously, I can't wait to see how it all plays!

Good to know. It's intimidating for me because I hardly declare war - just because I haven't gotten good at it.

Ahh, I failed miserably.
~I understood it will have base bonus (even when you conquer 0 cities);
~I didn't connect making peace with "no wars at all";
"At peace, for each city captured in the last war the followers of your religion increases your Culture per turn. The bonus is reset once you declare war or capture next city (in self-defence :D/ in war declared on you)."

I am not native, do not bash me.
Sooo, Pillars are "imba" Corthouse replacement?

About mad printing, some code related to PlotIterating (I believe it triggers each time Conscript moves and it prints one line for every direction).

I think if anything's worded confusingly it's the last sentence. So if you start a war after you've got the bonus, or you capture a city in a war that you did not declare, then your bonus resets. But then you get a bonus after you make peace, correct?

Also another question - what if you completely wipe out an enemy?

Top Bottom