More Civilisations

Can we get any more info on the Chola trait? I'm wondering if it's redundant with Tomatekh's Kievan Rus'. I have no problem playing with both but I'd prefer to avoid Civs that are directly redundant.

Can we get any more info on the Chola trait? I'm wondering if it's redundant with Tomatekh's Kievan Rus'. I have no problem playing with both but I'd prefer to avoid Civs that are directly redundant.

I don't know if I have that much authority to say, but they're similar, but work with their uniques in different enough ways that they wouldn't be made redundant.

It isn't redundant. Internal trade routes +1 additional gold and trade routes with City States generate +1 influence and +1 Great Admiral points per turn. This doubles for naval trade routes, which you will want to have the most of. It might sound weak on paper, but in testing this UA proved to be very, very useful.

It isn't redundant. Internal trade routes +1 additional gold and trade routes with City States generate +1 influence and +1 Great Admiral points per turn. This doubles for naval trade routes, which you will want to have the most of. It might sound weak on paper, but in testing this UA proved to be very, very useful.

I mean this constructively, so I'm not trying to sound negative, but the trait seems a little all over the place. Bonus to gold, bonus to influence, bonus to great person generation, bonus to domestic trade, bonus to city-state trade, bonus to naval trade. I really feel traits like this could use a bit more focus, instead of just giving a little bit of everything. I'm sure the collective effect of the bonus is fine and not too weak or too strong, though.

I didn't have this feeling to be honest. Everything is focused on (mainly naval) trade, and the UA is designed to give benefits whenever and wherever a trade route is used. The UUs are there to balance it out and facilitate the defense of said naval trade routes: Chola Great Admirals are powerful naval melee units and the unique caravel has bonus strength vs. barbarians.

The UA is mostly about City State influence though - a few trade routes and you can reap additional benefits pretty early in the game.

I'm excited to see the text of the ability itself along with the units.

On a completely unrelated note, is there any plans to do the Minoans or the Greece split?

Just a note about the Chola UA:

Samayan Trade Guilds: Domestic Trade routes yield +1 [ICON_GOLD] Gold. Trade Routes with City-States generate Great Admiral points and influence with the City-State (this does not suspend influence decay). Bonuses doubled for Naval trade routes.

And I forgot to mention; the Maurya will receive notifications on capturing cities or making peace with everyone that tells you how much culture you'll be receiving per turn!

I was just reading about the Myceneans as a separate entity from classical Greece, which wasn't known to me (I am not exceptionally knowledgeable about the period). That's actually what prompted me to ask about the Greece pack's status.

Top Bottom