More Civs

Lord of Harmony

Chieftain
I understand that currently there are eight civs-which means you encounter each of them in the same game on a standard size map! This doesn't seem like much variety, so the solution is obviously more civs! Here are my ideas for more civs:

Crescent Corporation

The Crescent corporation evolved from the many central american and Carribean countries. Notable countries included are Mexico, Panama, and Cuba. Control of the panama canal and Caribbean has turned the into a major trade faction-the only one that can compete with Polystralia. Lead by Santiago Eduardo Rodriguez, a young billionaire and corporate superstar, they are quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with.

UA: Naval trade routes provide +2 energy for the crescent corporation and +1 energy to their trading partner.

Andean Administration

The Andean administration was formed when countries west of the Andes realized their vulnerability to rising sea levels and worked together to come up with the funds to hire the ARC in their most ambitious project-a massive wall parallel to Andes, protecting seaside countries from climate change. Though the administration was founded to repair and maintain the wall, it used this leverage to effectively puppet Peru, Ecuador, and Chile-the countries that founded it! Led by the ambitious President Diego Vancho Perez II, it turned its sights on conquering the stars.

UA: Cities founded next to mountains are founded instantly. Cities founded next to the ocean start with +2 health

Argentine Defense League

When Brasilia started to expand aggressively, Argentina knew it would soon be under heavy fire. So the defense administration built a massive, heavily armed wall between them and the countries to the north. Affectionately referred to as "the great wall of Argentina" it is kept under constant repair and features batteries of surface to surface missiles, anti-aircraft missiles, and anti-ballistic missiles. Headed by the engineer Alejandra Alicia Delgado, with its extensive knowledge of rocketry it has turned towards the stars.

UA: Cities start with free (insert most basic defense building here). Whenever a city founded by you is captured for the first time, gain a free virtue.

Moroccan Embassies

Forging powerful alliances across the globe, the Moroccan embassies have essentially become a country of their own. Led by Hamza Harrak, ambassador to the PAC, it established alliances with most of the worlds countries, ensuring Morocco a prosperous future. It has called upon favors from across the globe to start its own seeding program, ready to ally with anyone who comes with them.

UA: Gain an extra favor with another civ for every 100 gold given to them via diplomacy (Stacks with favors that would already be obtained. Also stacks between trades)

Congo Rebellion:

Not all have been content with Barre's leadership. A rebellion in the Congo, led by Mahamodou Mboya, has created a new state. While relatively little is known about this young nation, leftover resources have allowed them to start a seeding program of their own, hoping to stop Barre from ruling another world.

UA: All military units start with the Drill promotion, allowing them to be more effective in rough terrain. Units get free movement in rough terrain.

Nordic Union

Founded by Captain Ferdinand Drake, the Nordic Union includes England, Germany, and Sweden as some of its primary members. Controlling most of the Northern sea, their naval might is feared across the world-in fact, Franco-Iberia pays them to protect their shores. With their powerful industry, launching a seeding program was relatively easy for them, and they hope to soon dominate the alien seas.

UA: All sea resources provide +1 production. Becomes +2 production when improved. All naval units have +20% combat/ranged strength.

Mediterranean Cooperative

Greece, Italy and Turkey banded together after the great mistake, forming a powerhouse that soon launched into space. Spearheaded by Koralia Parma, it is Franco-Iberias main cultural rival, with its rich history and world-famous beauty.

UA: 50% of excess food converted into culture per turn

South African Confederation

Many of the tiny southern states in Africa were united by Kagiso Ngwenya, a peaceful activist who drew inspiration from her hero, Nelson Mandela. With aid from its close ally Morocco, it built a few seeding ships of its own, and left to spread its message of peace to the universe.

UA: 25% extra science and 25% extra production while not at war.

Abrahamic Alliance

During the great mistake, many middle-eastern countries were forced together, forging an alliance within the once contentious region. A new prophet emerged-the angelic Aamira Mayer, who drew support from all three abrahamic religions. Funded by her religious allies, she set off into space with a promise to one day return, bringing peace in her wake...

UA: Gain 30% more affinity points from all sources

Antarctic Utopia Project

An independent nation seeking to convert Antarctica into a paradise for all humanity, it found the resources to start a seeding program beneath the ice. Led by Ammagaruqnik Tremlay, it hopes to take its terraforming to a whole new world-to create a utopia on an alien planet!

UA: Tundra and snow tiles provide 2 food and 1 energy when worked. Tundra and snow hills provide 2 production (If they don't already).

Lunarus

A nation that is the first of its kind-on the moon! With their superior knowledge of extraterrestrial geography, Artemis Outterridge is certain her people can not only survive, but prosper beyond the stars.

UA: Craters provide +2 science and +2 gold. When improved, geothermal resource provides 50% of its quantity in production to the city working it (It must be worked for this bonus).

What do you think?

some of these are really interesting

I like these ideas although the sea ones might be overpowered on certain maps lol. Here's my idea:

Faction: whoever
Unique ability: Ability to see what technology another Civ is researching with a spy in their city. And +20% faster research when researching a technology that another civ you are spying on already has.

This will encourage you research technologies that other civs are not researching, then researching common techs other civs have later. Will open very unique tech paths. This civ will have better science and spying, but it won't be very advantages rushing wonders.

I like these ideas although the sea ones might be overpowered on certain maps lol. Here's my idea:

Faction: whoever
Unique ability: Ability to see what technology another Civ is researching with a spy in their city. And +20% faster research when researching a technology that another civ you are spying on already has.

This will encourage you research technologies that other civs are not researching, then researching common techs other civs have later. Will open very unique tech paths. This civ will have better science and spying, but it won't be very advantages rushing wonders.

I like this. Very creative.

Nice idea! But I can't think of what faction that ability would go.

I once read a book where a Mexican telecoms corporation took over their media and affected a kind of nationalism based heavily on the Aztecs. That would make for a neat BE faction.

I'm up for an Arab faction, an Anglo-German-Nordic faction and even a Caribbean faction. Considering the range of the others, I don't think there's much more space for national-based factions. The game background also leads you to understand that a seeding project is far too expensive and complex for minor non-national or rogue groups, but who knows?

Btw, pity that they have merged Japan with the PAC. I think they would make an awesome faction by themselves.

Very nice ideas, maybe these could eventually be added via mods?

As a Turkish citizen I'm intrigued by the idea of Mediterranean Cooperative. But I must add "Crescent Corporation" sounds more like a Islamic Corporation rather than Carribean.

I would like to see more corporations, even something like a securuty agency that provided mercenaries during the great mistake.

^that faction is known as brasilia

^that faction is known as brasilia

Not really, Brasilia is a militaristic superpower which is quite different. Anyways I agree with you if what you mean is that we already have a military oriented civ in the game.
My point was that having more corporations would be interesting and would solve the problem of overlapping geographical areas (the ARC is based in the US but this doesn't mean we won't get the US as a faction later as one does not exclude the other).

I approve to have a Mediterranean faction in the game. Also one for Central Europe and the Middle East would be cool.

Personally I would like a faction that includes Central Asia,Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and Turkey.

I don't think Turkey would want much to do with those other countries, they are much more advanced.

I'd prefer if they limited their Geographic factions to

Confederate States of Arctic* (Britain, Nordics, Germany, Canada, Iceland, Greenland)
and
GrecoPersian Empire (everything else into Central Asia)

Then have the rest be non geographic
(and limit it to like 4 extra in an expansion)... so no more than 12 or 16 total, otherwise you destroy the simplicity.

*or some other name, just wanting to appease the people who keep wanting the CSA as a Civ (and those states sound like they would favor a loose confederation)

Top Bottom