1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More difficult? I wonder.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by cafka, Jun 22, 2002.

1. cafka

cafka Working Class Hero

Hello, dear fanatics. :) Been a while since I played CivIII, but last night I re-installed it, and OH DEAR! - it's as addictive as I recall! :D

But... with this new update (v.1.21f), I've found myself being more awful at this game, even on a low level as Chieftain. ;) Can't keep up spreading my glorious civilisation and, at the same time, keep up in research. I have repeatedly found myself in awful deals with rivals; just to keep up in the tech race! And at the same time, my income never seem to be enough; my people start rioting over anything, and the only solution is to increase "happiness spending" in the Domestic Advisor menu. A total production loss is, as you all know, similar to a SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH. And, of course, that money has come from somewhere, so either; 1) the defence has been put on minimum, 2) cutting science spending or 3) get hold of luxuries.

Option 1 isn't always possible; it might be on a minimum level already. Option 2 shouldn't be considered as a alternative at all; I can't keep slowing down research, I fear I might be fighting of tanks with my horsemen one day. Option 3 is either very expensive or just impossible.

I often find myself in small peninsulas, cutoff by fierce rivals who wants me dead. What am I suppose to do, break this (boo.com-)trend by aggressive expansion or what??

PS. I'm happy being back on the forums - looking forward for long and interesting answers. ;)

2. Lt. 'Killer' M.

Lt. 'Killer' M. Deity

cafka, could you do the following: save a game of your at the start, then whenever something big is on, until you have like 10 saves. Then, post them so I can have a look. I do not know what you do wrong, but if I get saves from you, I'll have a look!

3. cafka

cafka Working Class Hero

Okay, I'll try that in my next game. :)