[GS] More Diplomatic Favor Uses?

Would it make sense for international politics and internal politics to both use the same currency?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

gallowsCalibrator

Chieftain
This thread is intended as more of a discussion than an outright concept. I have a few other ideas on my mind related to this; think of this as more of a foundation concept, or a brainstorming session. ;P

So, Diplomatic Favor was introduced in Gathering Storm. A political / diplomatic resource is something I was certainly hoping for in Civ, and its use as the votes for the WC is interesting, if somewhat flawed. But, putting aside the world congress for a moment- I've been curious about other potential applications for DF.

More diplomatic uses is a natural place to start. If alliances as a system were expanded, it could play into that somehow- using DF to upgrade and alter alliance benefits, for example. It could also be used in some kind of expanded trading or treaty system, too.

What I'm particularly curious about, though, is domestic use. Would it make sense to use Diplomatic Favor on things that only affect your own empire? For example, a new government system where you could use DF to purchase policy card slots, or enact some other form of benefit or program. It might need to be rethemed into a more general "political captial", though even then I'm not sure it'd make sense to use the same currency on both international and domestic politics. Still, politics in general are the area of the game I most want to see expanded, and there could be upsides to using the same currency in both instances, too. Still not quite sure what to think here- would love to hear others' thoughts.

Top Bottom