1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More horseman for AI? + Auto promotion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by DarkTempla, Oct 14, 2010.

1. DarkTempla

DarkTempla Chieftain

Hi,

While I get the basics of changing values for strength, movement etc. I was wondering where to find/how the change the following:

1: Can I increase the likelyhood of AI producing horseman? I would even go as far, as saying, that if they have access to horses the will at least build 1 unit!

2: I would like to give an automatic upgrade to spearman/pikeman (formation)! How to do this?
    --> I can find the lines where the basic promotions are mentioned, but I neither know what line to inculude for above mentioned promotion, nor do I find what the respective promotions actually do! (Pikeman get something like "antimounted II" promotion - not at my pc atm, so cant check).

Thanks!

DT

2. Evalis

Evalis Prince

You can increase the likelihood of the ai building horses by adjusting their flavor to be more on par with the other unit (its in the units.xml). All of the promotions and their effects should be listed in the promotions.xml, however you'll need to grant the promotion in the units section (you can find it near the bottom).

3. DarkTempla

DarkTempla Chieftain

Thanks for the info - I will look into it tonight!