1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Lenses - Now compatible with Gathering Storm 5.0

Adds more lenses to the game

1. Dupdidu

Dupdidu Chieftain

I have a problem. My builder lense keep dissapeared. I downloaded it via the steam wprkshop and at first it worked fine. After a restart it was gone - however there is one lense now with a weired name but doiesnt do anything. So I downloaed the pack again but not via the steam workshop, followed the instructions, deselected the old lenses, accapted the new lenses and it worked again. However now after a restart it fails to work again. And this applies to the workers lense only. Anyone had this problem before ?

2. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

On the main menu, what is the version number at the bottom of the screen? It looks like 1.000.xxx.

3. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

You're playing with a pirated copy. Mods don't work with pirated copies so buy the game and your issues will resolve.

Lohit likes this.
  4. Sknubbinateur

Sknubbinateur Chieftain

Would it be possible to have the Adjacency Yield lens also for potential districts? So you don't have to be able to place the district (yet) to see at a glance what bonuses you would get from it

5. mcampbell

mcampbell Chieftain

I'm new to the game having just bought it through Epic's freebie sale last week.

Is there something I'm doing wrong with this mod, or is the Epic (vs Steam) edition (on the PC) different/incompatible somehow? It shows as "incompatible" on the mods screen.

Version looks like: 1.0.1.501 (504666)

6. tiago_tm

tiago_tm Chieftain

Hi, first of all thank you for this mod. I wanted to ask if the issue with the builder lenses suddenly not working is being looked at, I also have that issue: At the start of the game (early turns) it works and then it just stops working. Tried to re download the mod no success. I was really looking forward to use this on later stages on the game, it is specially useful when you need to find tiles to repair and upgrade ofc. Is there any info I can provide to help? I'm on GS, version 1.0.3.31 (508803) and I installed the mod manually since I'm not playing on steam but on Epic Store.

7. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Just updating the "request" about enhanced HUD/UI components for Monopoly Mode as we discussed back in January on the Steam-Workshop thread.
    As of now.. it would be best to share any of my design suggestion(s) right here on CFC for better tracking steps & relatively easier ways for you to ultimately decide hereinafter.

First.. a swift ingame snapshot that indicate the essential conditions where we might want to have some direct facts under specific situations.

SpecialOptions_ForMonopolyTricks.png

I am about to decide which of Mercury or Gypsum could be ideal to handle as priority (unique for that City) future Products. To focus on appropriate bonus rather than the other since Mercury boost Science while Gypsum help in building costs.

Sooooo.. having the exact X / Y formulas for any such selected Resources in context is the main feature.
    I've also expanded the height (Size="230,525" .. instead of 350) of the ModLensResource.xml panel to keep at least the entire Luxuries list "active" & both root check-boxes for Bonus+Strategy visually "available".. which is also why it would be best to start the Luxury category elements UN-selected by default.

Of course this is all a very quick mockup set of probable suggestions only. Feel free to adapt and/or generate your own structural methods for HUD/UI clarity reasons.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

OH -- something else i forgot to "ask you for"...

1) While it's nice to define whichever Luxury resources we'd like to verify locations of -- i find that such scanning condition(s) would be best if the currently selected items could persist between sessions. While the game stay active.. we can always return to that option & find our choices as they were used last few turns before, etc. But when we return after Save/Load activity -- those recently opted details are lost.

Ideally, ML could track such unique set of Tile options at least with a toggle.

2) Zur13's "Map Search Extension" has many similar features as your very cool MoreLenses device.. but, there's another tricky HUD/UI principle he created that can "convert" some map hints directly on the Mini-Map (( my MinimapSize = 0.750000, btw )) itself via custom GFX components. For example.. Natural Wonders are layered/colored sharp green with a nice white edge line surrounding the spots. I could think of a few more ML options applicable to the Mini-Map UI if possible since the global view is priceless and should prevent tedious seek-out scrolling-micro-managing (of the full-screen World map) to detect any given rare "marked" tiles.

Say like.. get a straight up bunch of OIL locations (Sharp white/red dots layering off a medium grey/foggy mini-map?) at once into ONE view context bottom-left.

Thanks in advance for any considerations! ;)

9. astog

astog Warlord

Interesting bug, have never encountered it myself. I use the steam version so maybe its associated to that. Can you send the Lua.log file. It will help me identify the issue.

10. astog

astog Warlord

All excellent suggestions. I have never tried Monopoly gamemode before but its seems interesting and will try it out. As for the suggestions:
    1. The X/Y text is small change that I can incorporate. Would it be better to show the percentage itself like 50% or 33%, etc so the player doesn't have to do the match, and as a tooltip the exact number of resources are shown? Showing both is also an option.
    2. Unselecting the resources by default is also doable and I can add it. Maybe an extra button next to each parent group to select/unselect all checkboxes.
    3. Tracking the exact selection across sessions is going to be tricky. The current logic basically tracks all the currently discovered resources and dynamically adds them. So I will have to ensure new resources are still added, and any "ghost" resources are removed (rare resource being destroyed by districts, etc).
    4. Oh, I had no idea the Minmap itself can change highlighting. I will have to look into that. That can be handy for other lenses also (scout, builder, etc).

11. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Okay then, follow up remarks...

1) I feel some quick X/Y values system is plenty enough since the default "Resources Report" already goes through this %'s set of esoteric interpretation(s) with global cumulative values and extra commentary (Monopoly, Control, etc) per slot types. We'd catch a glimpse of on-going "variables" while we consult the whole list of active/selectable Luxury Resources -- sort of.
    2) The second "Extra Button" method would be a better option, i guess.
    3) Nothing other than a simplistic "Point of Reference related to current Status" that we may invoke at will or keep track of -- once per gameplay session or (if easy enough) through a Save/Load/Clear/Reset component. Don't get overworked about this stuff.. if we get it, good.
    4) Please do! And if that tricky knowledge should help you enhancing any other Lenses or uncover possible extra potentials.. that's another good.

Thanks in advance.

12. astog

astog Warlord

astog updated More Lenses with a new update entry:

Major update

Read the rest of this update entry...

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  13. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Wow... excellent!
    Much more "power" than expected.. soooo, thanks a lot. ;)