1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Lenses - Now compatible with Gathering Storm 5.0

Adds more lenses to the game

1. nitedemon

nitedemon Warlord

Thank you ! Don't know how complicated this is, but for the builder lens would it be possible to show a light green tile for resouces, that are currently not within anyone's border, and are either luxury that you don't have or strategic that you have less than 2 copies ? Those are places where you would potentially want to settle on. Not necessarily a builder related function but kinda fall in the same category of "tiles to be improved"

2. astog

astog Warlord

Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to see how complicated that becomes, but a good idea regardless.

3. astog

astog Warlord

That is weird behavior. Does it still occur?

4. astog

astog Warlord

Ok, finally got time to work on the mod. So here is some alternates to how the builder lens should look like. It does not paint red around the map, but dims hexes outside your border. Let me know which style you prefer.

Spoiler Alternate 1 :

Spoiler Alternate 2 :

Spoiler Original :

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  5. Elfenwesen

Elfenwesen Chieftain

yes ,alt.1 or 2 is better
    i prefer 2 ,thanks

6. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

ALT-2... please! :)

I'd be really curious to learn how you managed to fiddle with the Mini-Map rendering + Foggy color & framework.. and if so, how we'll be able to adapt such schema to our preferences.

7. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

+ alt 2
    = alt 1
    - original

8. Thanatos8088

Thanatos8088 Chieftain

Alt 1 gets my vote, and you get my thanks! I'll second Nitedemon's inquiry about the highlighting of non-owned resources as well, with the lack of filters available to reduce clutter that would be a handy feature, but not sure if it's feasible.

9. weregamer

weregamer Gandhi of the Mongols

Either is an improvement, but I like alternative 2 better.

10. dave866

dave866 Chieftain

It would be great if there were a lens that highlighted strategic resources. Finding oil, or aluminum, on a map with dozens of units and other resource icons, is not easy.

It would be even better if the UI that toggles resource icons was expanded to toggle strategic, luxury, bonus separately.

11. Penry

Penry Chieftain

2 looks best, 1 is OK, 3 is worst.

12. YoreLore

YoreLore Chieftain

Tested this a few times and it always seems to stop working for me when lumber mills are researched.

13. Chiya

Chiya Chieftain

Yeah .. I already wrote to this thread about that problem but never got a reply .. I really love this mod but it always just suddenly stops working. not sure what it's tied to .. maybe it was the Lumber mills as @YoreLore said above?

14. techgiz1

techgiz1 Chieftain

How about barb camps? That would be helpful.

15. astog

astog Warlord

Thanks for letting me know. I will try to fix this for the next update

16. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Alt 1 is the best to my eyes.

17. FaerunPlayer

FaerunPlayer Chieftain

18. astog

astog Warlord

This is similar to the request made by @Laurana Kanan. I am not sure the name of the lens, but the basic idea of the it is to show each tile you own and many cities are in 6 or 9 tiles range. Not sure yet how to incorporate wonders with range like Colosseum.

19. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

Builder lense shows rivers in the FOW, which allows a lot of information in an MP game. If you could kindly look into it, that'd be much appreciated.

20. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

I vote for Alt 2, much cleaner to only have overlay for things the lense cares about. An upgrade similar but different to what was already suggested would be to mark ALL resources, whether in borders or not, whether improved or not (but differentiated is better) and especially if under an existing city/district/upgrade.

If the settler view could be upgraded to highlight resources as well that would be excellent, but just having some lense to find resources would be great.