Resource icon

More Lenses - Now compatible with Gathering Storm 5.0

Would it be possible to add one for trade routes? To show both active but especially all possible routes the same way they are showing when you are about to set a trader destination...

Would it be possible to add one for trade routes? To show both active but especially all possible routes the same way they are showing when you are about to set a trader destination...
Great suggestion, I'll try to implement it. For all possible routes I'll have to see how to make it understandable, since there would routes all over the place.

Another idea for a lens: display which districts are covered by your spies (e.g. green covered, red not covered, transparent no district/city center).
That is a brilliant idea! Will definitely try to do that.

That is a brilliant idea! Will definitely try to do that.
Theoretically you could iterate through the available units, and check if its a spy and if he's on a counterspy mission (not sure if possible), then get the map coordinates, calculate all the coordinates around this location, and then check if any of these locations does contain a district or city center. I think you could even leave out the last part and just draw the circle around a spy. This could look even better, but I'd need to visually see this to make a final decision.

If I knew more about Civ modding I'd give this a shot myself, but currently I'm still spending more time researching what function calls Civ offers, instead of the actual programming. :s

Even playing single-player, I've had the localizations die. I think it was when loading directly from in the game. But it only happened once.

All in all, this mod is awesome and well-done. The lenses come up seamlessly and are no longer visually jarring, and are super useful.

Even playing single-player, I've had the localizations die. I think it was when loading directly from in the game. But it only happened once.
Yes, loading a savegame except for the very first time after starting the game will currently break the localized text. So if you want to load a save for whatever reason - first exit to desktop.

The restart has to be to desktop. If after restart that still occurs, then database did not update. Can you send me Database.log?

Also try installing the mod in the DLC folder rather than the Mods folder.

It is installed in the DLC folder.
I restarted several times from desktop.
Attached the Database.log.

Cheers

Attachments

• Database.zip
    670 bytes · Views: 138
The "City Overlap 6 or 9" lens needs to be updated after the Winter Update 2016 : https://civilization.com/news/entries/#civilization-vi-winter-2016-update-now-live.

Basically the new system states that a city can only receive neighbouring bonus from at most one district. If multiple districts are within range of the same city, only a single copy of the best district building available gives the bonus (including its own district).

I would like to see an "industrial zone" lens which shows all hexes given bonus by an industrial zone. There is little to no reason to build another industrial zone with overlapping support from what you already have available. You might color-code it according to the best building in the district. That is: light green for all hexes within 6 tiles (make sure to calculate in any bonuses) of an industrial zone with a factory and dark green for industrial zone with power plant.

The biggest change from the current "city overlap 6 or 9" lens is that these radiuses are calculated from the cities themselves. The new system would calculate distances from districts, but otherwise perform very similar.

The "City Overlap 6 or 9" lens needs to be updated after the Winter Update 2016 : https://civilization.com/news/entries/#civilization-vi-winter-2016-update-now-live.

Basically the new system states that a city can only receive neighbouring bonus from at most one district. If multiple districts are within range of the same city, only a single copy of the best district building available gives the bonus (including its own district).

I would like to see an "industrial zone" lens which shows all hexes given bonus by an industrial zone. There is little to no reason to build another industrial zone with overlapping support from what you already have available. You might color-code it according to the best building in the district. That is: light green for all hexes within 6 tiles (make sure to calculate in any bonuses) of an industrial zone with a factory and dark green for industrial zone with power plant.

The biggest change from the current "city overlap 6 or 9" lens is that these radiuses are calculated from the cities themselves. The new system would calculate distances from districts, but otherwise perform very similar.

The idea of the city overlap lens is to show potentially how many cities a district/wonder (if placed) will reach. For example say you have 4 industrial district all with factories, and you just got Great Engineer that boosts production for one particular factory. This is when the City Overlap lens will help you because it shows the absolute number of cities and not the currently affecting amount.

But as you said there is still a need to see the current value, namely, which cities are affected buy what districts. I guess the best solution might be to make a district lens, that shows this info, and combine it with the adjacency yield lens. I could have the AoE affect behind a keybind (maybe ALT) and then display the info when the mouse hovers above the relevant district. Ex If you hover above a industrial district it will show in red/green which cities it is affecting. If you hover the mouse above a city it shows which districts are affecting it, in red / green.

You could also just go simple and show any tile within 6/9 of an industrial district as blue, an entertainment district as yellow, or both as green (or whatever colors).

You could also just go simple and show any tile within 6/9 of an industrial district as blue, an entertainment district as yellow, or both as green (or whatever colors).
That is also one way to do it. I'll try and experiment and see which feels the most intuitive.

can you add a color to show you where forests with rivers in them are?

There seems to be a problem in the government lens. Everything's in black.
You are right, it is happening to me also. Will see what is causing that.

can you add a color to show you where forests with rivers in them are?
Good suggestion. Do you have a particular color in mind?

It might be worth to emphasize floodplains more as well. Currently they still show up as a "regular" farm, i.e. quite transparent.
I've also found the coloring for archaelogical sites to be not really optimal. I've changed it for me to be red for all normal tiles and green for all artifacts/ship wrecks. Makes it much easier to find the sites when zooming out.

I'd also like to thank you again for this mod. I couldn't imagine playing the game especially without the builder lens anymore, this should so much have been part of the original game.

I'll have to test and see it is not confusing with other colors.

It might be worth to emphasize floodplains more as well. Currently they still show up as a "regular" farm, i.e. quite transparent.
I've also found the coloring for archaelogical sites to be not really optimal. I've changed it for me to be red for all normal tiles and green for all artifacts/ship wrecks. Makes it much easier to find the sites when zooming out.
I think they are also better colors. They will be in there for v1.1.

Last edited:
Just a small thing, but in my game an impassible natural wonder was showing up in grey for the builder lens. Shouldn't they be red because you can't build any improvements on them?

Just a small thing, but in my game an impassible natural wonder was showing up in grey for the builder lens. Shouldn't they be red because you can't build any improvements on them?
I am fixing that for v1.1, but currently natural wonders are not checked. Weird things happen when a natural wonder is passable, but can not have an improvement. As far as I can tell, only Cliffs of Dover allows for improvements.

Top Bottom