Resource icon

More Lenses - Now compatible with Gathering Storm 5.0

Second that question.

This is probably my most-used/needed mod for regular play; even more so now that they've shrunk the resource icons to invisibility. And sadly, when I enable it despite the version difference it doesn't seem to work at all - it even breaks the builtin lenses.

Eagerly waiting :)
I bought the game but didn't play since no lens lol. To me this is the best mod.

astog updated More Lenses with a new update entry:

Gathering Storm Update

More Lenses Changelog v4.0

1. Fixed compatbility with Gathering storm
  2. Lens now have a neutral color to help highliting relevant plots. Example with barbarian lens, the actual camps are red, but the rest of the plots will be grey so that the camps stand out more.
  3. Builder lens coloring reworked:
    1. Resources -- Magenta
    2. Pillaged / Damaged -- Purple
    3. Recommended Feature Improvement -- Teal
    4. Hills -- Green
    5. Feature extraction / improvement -- Blue
    6. Generic tile...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug Report:

in modinfo you define the ActionCriteria twice, which causes problems. Instead it must be:

<ActionCriteria>
<Criteria id="Expansion1">
<GameCoreInUse>Expansion1</GameCoreInUse>
</Criteria>
<Criteria id="Expansion2">
<GameCoreInUse>Expansion2</GameCoreInUse>
</Criteria>
</ActionCriteria>

edit more information:
I guess the second ActionCriteria is simply overwriting the first, causing Expansion1 to be always true (no clue why it is not always false). So when playing the vanilla game without any expansion, you will eg. see the loyality lense in lenses without a string "LOC_HUD_CULTURE_IDENTITY..."

Last edited:
@astog -- great work. use your lens every game. apologies if this has been posted before, but it would be helpful if a lens could highlight natural wonders. useful if you need to pass a unit by one or if it benefits construction.

I finally started a game with the GS-updated version of this mod. Everything is great, except I noticed I don't get the Index window popping up on the side of the screen with an applicable unit was selected. You changed some of the colors on the Builder lens, but I couldn't remember what the colors represented. Of course, I easily clicked on the Lens icon on the mini map to find the answer, but I recall the old version having the Index automatically show up.

Good job.

Pardon me if others have posted this. I've been finding, particularly with Rise and Fall, that the game really needs:
  • An Amenity Coverage Lens (show a 6-tile radius around Entertainment Complexes/Water Parks. Something like a bright green if it has a Tier 3 building, a dark green if it has a Tier 2 building or a grey if it has Tier 1 or less.
  • A Factory Coverage Lens (show a 6-tile radius around Industrial Zones. Something like a bright green if it has a Tier 3 building, a dark green if it has a Tier 2 building or a grey if it has Tier 1 or less.
  • A Power Coverage Lens. Show a 6-tile radius around cities with power plants (coloured by type), plus a red tile where a city is unpowered.
I might have a look at your code to see if I can fiddle with these myself, but throwing it out there.

Builder Lens

This is my favourite CQUI feature. Since that mod isnt working yet, thanks!

Started a new game and I got the improved lenses. Already happened with the queue mod. I only use CQUI but it looks like each time one of its components gets updated I got that part of the mod working again :)

Archaeologist Lens.

Could you done diferent colour for archeologist artifacts and shipwrecks lens?

Edit: Resolved, conflict with another mod.

Is it a known localization issue (see the pic):
first lens names are in English and the last names are in German. Also some text is missing: e.g. LOC_HUD_NATURALIST_LENS, LOC_HUD_CITYOVERLAP_LENS
Expected result: everything is in Engish.

Using More Lenses 4.0 (all files untouched), other mods (deleted duplicated xml and lua files to avoid conflict from the other mods) & GS

Edit: seems that there is DB conflict with AtAGlanceUI mod:

Spoiler :

[2445305.887] [Localization]: StartupErrorMessages.xml
[2445305.887] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database
[2445309.319] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2445309.320] [Localization]: Passed Validation.
[2445309.337] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2445309.338] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2445313.327] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch
[2445314.163] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2445314.178] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[2445314.881] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2445314.882] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2445316.556] [HallofFame]: Database found. Checking versions...
[2445316.558] [HallofFame]: Database is up-to-date!
[2445330.187] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2445333.857] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2445333.858] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
[2445335.639] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[2445335.639] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[2445335.639] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_HUD_BUILDER_LENS, Builder, ).
[2445335.639] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table BaseGameText from file MoreLenses_Text.xml.
[2445335.639] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[2445346.415] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[2445346.439] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[2445352.744] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2445353.156] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
[2445354.426] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

Removed builder db changes from AtAGlanceUI and:
<LocalizedText id="AtAGlanceUI_Texts">
<Items>
<File>Base/Assets/Text/AtAGlanceUI_general.xml</File>
<File>Base/Assets/Text/AtAGlanceUI_general_de.xml</File>
</Items>
</LocalizedText>

Now it works as expected :)

Attachments

• more lenses.jpg
    more lenses.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I figured out that whenever I enable the More Lenses mod, the search option is disparaging. Did anyone have the same problem with the new patch?

Top Bottom