Resource icon

More Lenses - Now compatible with Gathering Storm 5.0

astog updated More Lenses with a new update entry:

Builder Lens enhancements

Changelog
  1. Builder lens tracks technologies and civics. Nothing to do should properly apply. Example: Flat desert should appear red, unless you have an improvement that can be built on it. (ex: Great Wall)
  2. Fixed Government lens not applying
  3. Added Recommended Feature hex to builder lens that highlights flood plains, forest next to rivers, and plots next to wonders that give bonus yields.
  4. Scout lens updates on movement of scout.
  5. Fixed issue with the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks very much for this mod! Looks fantastic! I'm really looking forward to using it. :)

I just have one question:

Will it only work for new games, or is it supposed to work for saved games as well (prior to installing the mod)? The reason I'm asking is because I cannot get it to work with a previously saved game. I've tried installing it to the Mods folder, the DLC folder, and I've also deleted the Cache, but nothing works. I'm not sure if this is because it's just not supposed to work for previously saved games, or if there's something wrong/buggy?

TIA! :)
Ney

pretty sure if you don't have the mod active in additional content prior to any saves the mod won't be active in them. that happens with any mod.

Thanks very much for this mod! Looks fantastic! I'm really looking forward to using it. :)

I just have one question:

Will it only work for new games, or is it supposed to work for saved games as well (prior to installing the mod)? The reason I'm asking is because I cannot get it to work with a previously saved game. I've tried installing it to the Mods folder, the DLC folder, and I've also deleted the Cache, but nothing works. I'm not sure if this is because it's just not supposed to work for previously saved games, or if there's something wrong/buggy?

TIA! :)
Ney
The save file tracks the mods installed, so the mod only works for games started after the mod is installed.

Okay, thank you. :)

Hey astog,

I apologize if you're inundated with messages like this but I wasn't sure how to send you a direct message as I just signed up today. I love your mod and was looking for where I could add in functionality to disable to AUTO SHOW RELIGION LENS when I select my religious units. Quite frankly, the religion lens is very unhelpful and I can't stand not being able to see borders when it's pulled up. I tried copying a bunch of your code and adding the right(ish) unit references, but I'm 100% positive there are dependencies I'm not aware of. Any help at all you could provide would be very much appreciated. Even just pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Chucksef

Hey astog,

I apologize if you're inundated with messages like this but I wasn't sure how to send you a direct message as I just signed up today. I love your mod and was looking for where I could add in functionality to disable to AUTO SHOW RELIGION LENS when I select my religious units. Quite frankly, the religion lens is very unhelpful and I can't stand not being able to see borders when it's pulled up. I tried copying a bunch of your code and adding the right(ish) unit references, but I'm 100% positive there are dependencies I'm not aware of. Any help at all you could provide would be very much appreciated. Even just pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Chucksef
I have been trying to do that too. The file you will want to edit is SelectedUnit.lua around line 163. Currently my mod does not edit this file, but you can edit it in the base game (or create a mod of your own). If you are editing the base game, don't forget to make a backup copy of the relevant file.

Last edited:
I have been trying to do that too.

You even gave me a line reference! Thanks a ton! I'm off work tomorrow so I'll plod around a bit, though I doubt I'll find success when you've been stymied thus far. Regardless, thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 11.38.35 AM.png

When using this mod, it does not load the localized text. I am running this mod on a Mac, and the Mac version is currently not updated to the Winter Patch.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue, which may just have to do with Mac not running the latest version of the game.

View attachment 462366

When using this mod, it does not load the localized text. I am running this mod on a Mac, and the Mac version is currently not updated to the Winter Patch.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue, which may just have to do with Mac not running the latest version of the game.
You will need to exit to destop and the restart civ 6. That should fix this issue.

To simplify the resource lens, I have been thinking of a side menu. I have attached a WIP screenshot below.
Do you think we need a side menu for any other lens? Any feedback would be appreciated.

To simplify the resource lens, I have been thinking of a side menu. I have attached a WIP screenshot below.
Do you think we need a side menu for any other lens? Any feedback would be appreciated.

YES because it looks fancy!

I think it's a bit too much. It clutters the lenses menu.

I think it's a bit too much. It clutters the lenses menu.
I like it, but it somewhat does... you could only show the filter for the 3 resource types (bonus, strategic, luxury) and have the individual resources collapses by default instead. And then only show those checkboxes if you e.g. hit a little arrow next to the resource type.

I also think that there is no need to make a side menu. Maybe it would be only good to organize lenzes in 2 columns to remove a scrollbar.
And I would also like to see less colors on builder lense. For me it would be enough to see only 3 colors: nothing to do, ready for improvement and need to repair.

Last edited:
I have always wanted this! :)
When example iron is available on the map, I search and search to see where my next city should be, or if an existing city should get a new land tile. With this, the map can only show iron!
City Overlap could be grouped together. As well as splitting wonders (Natural and man-made)
Maybe also side menu for Builder, so you can show only what you are looking for (ie not show common tiles)
Adjustment benefits?

My eyes are forever grateful to this mod, thank you.
One request: can you include a hill lense that is for all territory, not just workable tiles. So with the lense selected it highlights all hills in green just like the builder lense. It would be helpful in deciding city placement.
Thanks again

My eyes are forever grateful to this mod, thank you.
One request: can you include a hill lense that is for all territory, not just workable tiles. So with the lense selected it highlights all hills in green just like the builder lense. It would be helpful in deciding city placement.
Thanks again

Sounds good, sometimes it can be a real pain to spot which tiles are hills and which aren't, especially when there are forests or jungle.

Top Bottom