Resource icon

More Lenses - Now compatible with Gathering Storm 5.0

I noticed this bug that may or may not be related to this mod. When enabled, I see the minimap shifted above its usual position, with a brown empty space beneath. Would you know what this is or should I show a screenshot?

Also how does this mod update on Steam? Do I have to start a new game with this update to work?

I noticed this bug that may or may not be related to this mod. When enabled, I see the minimap shifted above its usual position, with a brown empty space beneath. Would you know what this is or should I show a screenshot?

Also how does this mod update on Steam? Do I have to start a new game with this update to work?
Is this with the recent update? The steam updates should automatically download.

No, this was with the previous update. But I guess I'd have to start a new game for this new update.

Hi astog, you asked me to send you the lua.log file on steam (username Alex). Here it is.

Attachments

• DebugHotloadCache.docx
    165.2 KB · Views: 130
thanks astog! So far works really well! Only the mini-map is kinda weardy but it works fine :) AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH i really appreciate your work!

thanks astog! So far works really well! Only the mini-map is kinda weardy but it works fine :) AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH i really appreciate your work!
Can you send me a screenshot of the minimap? I might be able to fix that.

I believe the mods give improper information. In the image below, it suggest to built on the fish, but it is out of reach of all my cities. Here the image and the saved game if require. Maybe it's due to Quo's combines tweak.
builder screen bug.png
Mod included.jpg

Attachments

• TRAJAN 173 1120 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 181
I believe the mods give improper information. In the image below, it suggest to built on the fish, but it is out of reach of all my cities. Here the image and the saved game if require. Maybe it's due to Quo's combines tweak.
The game has always done this; Your Empire has a resource, un-improved, regardless if it's to some use to you or your cities, or not. This is what the overlay tells you.

View attachment 476428
View attachment 476430
To keep things simple I don't check for city limits, since resources should be improved even if outside city limits, like strategic or luxuries.

I thought of an idea for a new lens. Similar to your current Adjacency Yield lens, it would show all possible yields for tiles in your territory. For example, if a tile would give you +4 Science for a Campus and +3 Faith for a Holy Site, this lens would show both the +4 :c6science: and +3 :c6faith: (as well as any other potential adjacency bonuses). That way, you can plan your districts ahead of time before you've researched their specific techs/civics, and without the need for the city to currently be able to build a district.

The only hitch I could think of is for non-permanent adjacency bonuses. Mountains and rivers don't move, but forests and jungles can be chopped, so the numbers would change. Harbors and Commercial Hubs get bonuses in conjunction with each other, so the full bonus won't show until one of the two is built. Industrial Zones get bonuses from Mines, so the full bonus won't show until those Mines are created. Likewise, the Theater Square gets bonuses from adjacent Wonders, so the full bonus won't show until said Wonders are built.

EDIT: Seriously, we still don't have civ 6 resource icons yet :(

builder lens seems to work and stop working at random with patch

Last edited:
I just deleted my existing game because I'm so used to this mod that I can't play without it being running :)
I noticed when I patched the fall 2017 package, this mod stopped working fully for me.

Would you please be able to update it?

Thanks!

builder lens seems to work and stop working at random with patch

I just deleted my existing game because I'm so used to this mod that I can't play without it being running :)
I noticed when I patched the fall 2017 package, this mod stopped working fully for me.

Would you please be able to update it?

Thanks!

Yes, I am currently working on a patch for the Fall 2017. Should be done very soon.

Top Bottom