1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Lenses 3.0

Adds more lenses to the game

1. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

Hi there! Any luck for the Rise and Fall expansion? I really can't play the game without this mod :(

2. weregamer

weregamer Gandhi of the Mongols

Using the current version still mostly works, with the obvious omissions. The only one that has really annoyed me is that the Cree unique unit doesn't auto-trigger the Scout lens

3. bladex

bladex Chieftain

it works fine for me in RAF?

4. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

Hi there! Thanks for your response. Actually it suddenly started working now for me. I'm sure it did not on the first go but it might be some conflict with other mods.

Thanks so much :)

5. astog

astog Chieftain

astog updated More Lenses with a new update entry:

Rise and Fall, Developers Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lohit and Laurana Kanan like this.
  6. bladex

bladex Chieftain

all the text is messed up it just says loc_tooltip and loc_hud with other text. also every tile is blue like it's telling me it's a good place to build a forest/hill there even though there's no river etc.

7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

@astog Thank you so much for updating to be compatible with R&F! :thumbsup:

@bladex Works correctly for me. No problems with text localization.

8. Mrmyx22

Mrmyx22 Chieftain

doesn't work very well on iPad. Get some new lenses which work but other lenses (settler for example) are missing from the pop-up menu. Version before your most recent update.

9. bladex

bladex Chieftain

i tried just this mod on it's own and still got text errors and also the builder lens problem. so it's not a conflicting mod.

i disabled auto apply on builders for now.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  10. weregamer

weregamer Gandhi of the Mongols

It's mostly working now; slightly better than before.

I'm still seeing two classes of issues:

1) Lens doesn't auto-apply on unit selection. This happens frequently with scouts, occasionally with builders. Haven't seen it with other units. This is new.

2) Lens doesn't initialize properly when first selected from the menu. Specifically, selecting the "wonders" lens usually comes up in a state where nothing is shown. Switching to another lens and back, with the menu still up, fixes it. This also happens occasionally on Barbarians, but happens most or all the time on Wonders.

11. Infixo

Infixo Warlord

@astog
    I am adding new lenses in my Real Natural Disasters mod. However, I am using also different layers than only APPEAL, so I had to add support for this to your mod.
    Also, added sorting capability for Lens list - I wanted my Lens to be grouped and using pairs in Lua basically scatteres them around.
    So - I would appreciate if you include those changes in the mod. This way I would not need to overwrite MinimapPanel.lua in my mod. I've posted a Pull Request on GitHub for that.

12. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Hi @astog ...

Would you consider adding special layer effects to a few lenses for "enhancing purposes" similar to what these two mods do??

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885563867
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1265178468

At least in principles.. some of the special lenses (Resources, Wonders, etc) add colored hex-tiles which help detecting stuff around. Yet the ugly Brownish/Fog has an impact on the visual rendering of many elements. Thus the need to re-colorize such targets when the corresponding Lense is activated.

Unless -- Infixo could also be interested to integrate such a QoL feature in his custom copy of your work! :)

13. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

You mean Hellblazer? And, I'd rather not have either of those integrated. Better to keep them separate mods.

14. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Problem is.. Mironos' ImprovedFogOfWar for which he is offline for the last 155 days and its still not compatible with R&F!!

Even if it were.. the process of integrating such principles **only** for MoreLenses as an extra feature is a bit complex -- and yes, i meant HB --or-- Infixo (since he had just posted here).

15. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

Have you looked at MadManCam's alternate FoWs?

16. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

I had kept those in my favorite list and wanted to verify later but just did.. and yes -- it could do the trick!
    Strangely his snapshots are somewhat darker than what i get though. I just hope the Resources in the new Fog can be toned down a little.
    Either way, the custom More_Lenses solution still is my preferable HUD system since they would be quite easy to adapt (per unique tiles and via contrasting effects on some but not all models) -- at least much easier than supplying and swapping the entire BLP/ArtDefs FOW set.

Time to decide i guess.

17. Tunnah

Tunnah Chieftain

Ello mate, I'm a big fan of your mod, and I was wondering if it was possible for an addition that would MASSIVELY help me.

You see, just before conservation is unlocked, I map all my old-growth woods tiles in preparation to be chopped/replanted for that sweet, sweet production. It's extremely useful for late game mods, but also just to give cities in late game that boost for more expensive buildings. However, the rigmarole of it drives me up the wall ha. That and I usually hit the pin limit (the pin list doesn't scroll, which is a bit daft!). If there is a way to add "old-growth" to one of the tiles, that would be a god-send. I'm clueless when it comes to scripting, I tried to see if it was possible to add myself, but no luck.

Is it doable, and if not too much effort, could you let me know how please mate ? Thanks!

TL;DR looking for an old-growth woods lens.

18. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

19. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Chieftain

Thanks for your mods - they're all essentials to any game. Just a quick feature request. Is it possible to have the Builder lens show up pillaged tiles as Yellow or another colour? At the moment I think they show as green which matches unimproved. But if I have a lot of unimproved tiles, it is hard to distinguish which tiles need immediate attention.

20. Teland793

Teland793 Chieftain

Hi! I adore this mod, and I really appreciate all the work that's gone into it. I have an odd problem that I don't think has been addressed before -- if so, I apologize. Basically, I can start a game with this mod and play for as long as I like with no problems whatsoever, but, as soon as I save, exit, and go to restart again later -- whether I exit the program completely or simply exit to the main menu -- the game insists that I never had the mod enabled when I started it.

So, I go to check my Additional Content settings -- there it is, enabled. It's enough to make me feel like I'm losing my mind. This has happened over and over again, whether I subscribed to More Lenses from steam, downloaded from here and installed manually, or -- after uninstalling/deleting -- subscribing to the larger CQUI mod.

That's right; the game I just started up with CQUI blithely insisted I did no such thing. Help? If I need to send something, please tell me what/how -- I'm still pretty new at this stuff.