More myths, more different

LumenAngel

King
Often, i read "No, this building have the same effect than XXXX". But for myths, we have 4 "special" myths having the same effects : Unicorn, Mermaid, Dragon and Phoenix.

So, just some ideas to make them more "different", with a little more myths

• Myth of Phoenix. Can be build by : Subdued big birds. Phenoix symbolize live and death, regeneration. But fire too. Effect : +1 Culture, +1 Health, +5 Flammability. Obsolete : ???
  • Myth of Dragon. Can be build by : Big lezard. Dragon symbolize lot of things. But to be a dragon slayer is something lot of knight trains for. And for long time... Effect : +1 Culture, +1 XP for all melee and monted units, -5% faster training for all melee and monted units, Free Dragon Slayer Promotion for all melee and monted units. Obsolete with gunpowder.
  • Myth of unicorn. Can be built by : Nerwal, rhinoceros. Require horse. Unicorn symbolize purity and feminism. Effect : +1 Health, +1 culture with Matriarchy
  • Myth of Mermaid. Mermaid are creature of song. But they are dangerous... Effect : +1 Culture, +1 GP (great artist), -5% faster training for naval units. Obsolete with : Navigation.
  • Myth of Minotaure. Can be build by : all bull. Symbol of power, of strenght. For true men. Effect : +1 Culture, +1 XP for melee units. Require to build Knossos Labyrinth. Obsolete with Gunpowder.
  • Myth of werewolf. Autobuild. Require 200 Crime, 50 sickness, myth ol wolf in capital. Werewolves myth is a miw between a sickness and some bloody killer. Effect +1 Culture, +1 Unhappy, +10% faster training for hunter units. Obsolete with Modern Medecine
  • Myth of angels. Require Dualism. Autobuild. Require -100 crime. Effect : +1 Culture, +1 Happyness.
  • Myth of Medusa. Can be built by poisonous snake. Medua was an ugly woman who can turn people in stone. Effect : +1 Culture, +1 Unhapiness, provide Sculpture. Obsolete with Free artistry
  • Our myth. Require Palace, at least 4 cities. The myth of why our civilization is the best, chosen by the gods. Effect : +1 culture -5 national rebeliousness in each city

I dont post this in the subdued animals topics, maybe I had some idea of non-animals myths, like Angel or Vampire.

@LumenAngel

1. Myth of werewolf - I think it should not be auto-built but be made by Wolf, Dire Wolf or Hyena.

2. Our myth - We already have a "Creation Myth". Isn't that like the same thing?

3. Myth of angels - I do not think it should be auto-built. Not all cultures have angles. Maybe if it was like built by bird units or something. Because there are lots of winged humanoids like Harpies.

The problem I have is that your suggestions are very Western oriented. So perhaps the myths should be based on the base culture of the city they are being built in.

So a quick and dirty list for dragons could be
  • Large Lizard (all crocodiles and monitor lizards)
    • European and Middle Eastern Culture
      • Western Dragon Myth +1 :culture:; +1XP for Medieval and Renaissance melee and mounted units; +1 :gold: with pilgrimages.
    • African Culture
      • African Dragon Myth +1:culture:; provides fresh water.
    • Asian Culture
      • Asian Dragon Myth +1:culture:; +1 :science:.
    • Oceanic Culture
      • Oceanic Dragon Myth +1:culture:; provides fresh water.
    • North and South American Culture
      • American Dragon Myth +1:culture:; reduces unhappiness from whip build.

2. Our myth - We already have a "Creation Myth". Isn't that like the same thing?
For me, it's different.
I see Myth of Creation as "Creation of the World"

3. Myth of angels - I do not think it should be auto-built. Not all cultures have angles. Maybe if it was like built by bird units or something. Because there are lots of winged humanoids like Harpies.

Lot of culture have good winged humandd : angels, deva and the like

Dancing Hoskuld said:
he problem I have is that your suggestions are very Western oriented
I know. I think of a myth ok Kenku (require crow, but not idea for the effect) or of Tengu. It's harder for Japanese mythology, because lot of monster have changed. Kappa are not to bad today, same for tengu or yuki-onna.
And I dont have lot of time these days, it's why I just give some new idea ^^'

Top Bottom