More political correctness run amuck...

I want Coke from this Pepsi machine now! Gimme or I'll sue!

McDonalds not carrying Pepsi drinks is RACIST!!! :aargh:

RACIST, MAN!

You mean that the rise of liberalism, tolerance of minorities and other cultures has caused side-effect known as PC to become to the awareness of people at large and now many people try to actively seek things that they could sue based into PC-principles? It might be true.

Then again there's nothing wrong sueing people based into discrimination.
It shouldn't be discouraged either to say at least.

True discrimination is always much worse than anything PC can throw at your face.

I rather be PC than intolerant piece of crap.

Fascist PC-droids who sue websites because they did not offer service for lesbians are every bit as bad as traditional fascists.

I think that only problem should be advertising. If they were talked that they will help costumers find partners it should be problem for the company.

Fascist PC-droids who sue websites because they did not offer service for lesbians are every bit as bad as traditional fascists.
Not sure about that.
There comes a point when PC goes too far but as said it's better to encourage people fight against intolerance and discrimination than hold back.

We have to also remember anyone can sue anybody but the court system will throw the case back if it isn't worth the effort.

But I think people exaggerate the PC issues when there's still actual discrimination going on. Sometimes it would even seem that certain BS-PC drives away attention from actual discrimination happening.

Action against discrimination or intolerance must be always active while discrimination can become habit and therefore is often passive. This is the reason I consider PC being more of nuisance than actual threat like that of discrimination.
You know those aren't your only options.
Yeah, I kind of know that. Not sure that everyone else knows it though.

so we should soon see caterham providing us with SUVs?

90% of the Americans missed that.

I want to build queer-harmony dot net. Who's in with me?

Warpus, thats why I think they should be allowed to continue the practice but should be required to state upfront that their service is only for heterosexuals. If its a position that they feel so strongly about, I dont see why they would object to it.

The eHarmony homepage requires you to select either "I am a man seeking a woman" or "a woman seeking a man." It doesn't get much more upfront than that. And their commercials make it clear that the aim of the site is to match people up for marriage. In how many states can gay couples marry?

I support homosexual marriage, but this is a really dumb lawsuit that should be thrown out immediately. Even if gay marriage becomes legal, no business should be forced to provide a service that they don't know how to provide. That applies to straight and gay dating sites. I've had several gay roommates over the past ten years, and there is a distinct homosexual dating culture that may very well be incompatible with eHarmony's methodolgy.

The woman bringing this lawsuit has poorer reading and listening comprehension skills than most of the elementary school kids I used to teach.

I don't understand what the big hullabaloo is with this eHarmony thing. There are other places to get connected with homosexual people other than eHarmony. Just as there are places that don't particularly cater to homosexuals, there are also places that don't particularly cater to heterosexuals.

What's the point of suing them over eHarmony's crappy business decisions? The market is already taking care of it:

Crappy business decision? Why? Because they're not trying to be all things to all people? Ever heard of a niche business? eHarmony caters to middle-class, single heterosexuals looking for marriage. That demographic apparently is the founder's area of expertise. Trying to expand ones business into an area one knows nothing about, an area where there are already dozens of other successful players and where there aren't many potential buyers, isn't likely to increase profits.

But I guess you're more qualified to make that judgement than the CEO of the company. :lol:

I saw commercial earlier for a rival hook 'em up site and it stated that e-Harmony rejects 1 million people a year.

I don't see discrimination here. They didn't say she couldn't use their site, just that they didn't offer the service she wanted. She was free to use what was available. If I can't find a straight man in a gay bar, can I sue?

I am so happy when I don't have to say it myself. It lets me know that I'm not alone out here.

But they must be fair in making that money.
I don't think so, I think part of being free is the ability to be unfair selfish and stupid.

I think that only problem should be advertising. If they were talked that they will help costumers find partners it should be problem for the company.

In the same sence that I can help you find a car, but that doesnt mean you can sue me becuase I dont offer to find the car your looking for.

Top Bottom