1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More political correctness run amuck...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MobBoss, Jun 2, 2007.

1. The_anteater

The_anteater Chieftain

so we should soon see caterham providing us with SUVs?

2. Nylan

Nylan Characters Welcome

I want Coke from this Pepsi machine now! Gimme or I'll sue!

3. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

McDonalds not carrying Pepsi drinks is RACIST!!! :aargh:

RACIST, MAN!

4. luiz

luiz Trendy Revolutionary

Fascist PC-droids who sue websites because they did not offer service for lesbians are every bit as bad as traditional fascists.

5. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

I think that only problem should be advertising. If they were talked that they will help costumers find partners it should be problem for the company.

6. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

You know those aren't your only options.

7. C~G

C~G Untouchable

Not sure about that.
    There comes a point when PC goes too far but as said it's better to encourage people fight against intolerance and discrimination than hold back.

We have to also remember anyone can sue anybody but the court system will throw the case back if it isn't worth the effort.

But I think people exaggerate the PC issues when there's still actual discrimination going on. Sometimes it would even seem that certain BS-PC drives away attention from actual discrimination happening.

Action against discrimination or intolerance must be always active while discrimination can become habit and therefore is often passive. This is the reason I consider PC being more of nuisance than actual threat like that of discrimination.
    Yeah, I kind of know that. Not sure that everyone else knows it though.

8. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

90% of the Americans missed that.

I want to build queer-harmony dot net. Who's in with me?

9. ShannonCT

ShannonCT Deity

The eHarmony homepage requires you to select either "I am a man seeking a woman" or "a woman seeking a man." It doesn't get much more upfront than that. And their commercials make it clear that the aim of the site is to match people up for marriage. In how many states can gay couples marry?

I support homosexual marriage, but this is a really dumb lawsuit that should be thrown out immediately. Even if gay marriage becomes legal, no business should be forced to provide a service that they don't know how to provide. That applies to straight and gay dating sites. I've had several gay roommates over the past ten years, and there is a distinct homosexual dating culture that may very well be incompatible with eHarmony's methodolgy.

The woman bringing this lawsuit has poorer reading and listening comprehension skills than most of the elementary school kids I used to teach.

10. nihilistic

nihilistic Intergalatic Delivery Boy

11. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

I don't understand what the big hullabaloo is with this eHarmony thing. There are other places to get connected with homosexual people other than eHarmony. Just as there are places that don't particularly cater to homosexuals, there are also places that don't particularly cater to heterosexuals.

12. amadeus

amadeus めっちゃしんどい

13. Elrohir

Elrohir RELATIONAL VALORIZATION

They hate straight people! I feel discriminated against! The psychological damage is blinding! I....I think I'm having the inescapable urge to call my lawyer!

:lol: I hate it when stupid people (Like this woman with the lawsuit) demonstrate their stupidity for everyone to see. The least they could do is keep it decently inside.

14. ShannonCT

ShannonCT Deity

Crappy business decision? Why? Because they're not trying to be all things to all people? Ever heard of a niche business? eHarmony caters to middle-class, single heterosexuals looking for marriage. That demographic apparently is the founder's area of expertise. Trying to expand ones business into an area one knows nothing about, an area where there are already dozens of other successful players and where there aren't many potential buyers, isn't likely to increase profits.

But I guess you're more qualified to make that judgement than the CEO of the company. :lol:

15. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

I saw commercial earlier for a rival hook 'em up site and it stated that e-Harmony rejects 1 million people a year.

16. aneeshm

aneeshm Deity

Dare I say:

FALSE DICHOTOMY!

17. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

I am so happy when I don't have to say it myself. It lets me know that I'm not alone out here.

18. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

I don't think so, I think part of being free is the ability to be unfair selfish and stupid.

19. Harbringer

Harbringer Your A One Flower Garden

In the same sence that I can help you find a car, but that doesnt mean you can sue me becuase I dont offer to find the car your looking for.

20. Phyr_Negator

Phyr_Negator Anti-tolerast