More Ships ... More Beauty ... More Flavour [IMPLEMENTED]

Just because it is pretty.
Here is an image of all 28 ShipClasses we currently have in the game.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 484
Is there any date to new release?
It is hard to predict a release date, when so many different people - just working in their spare time - all need to still finish their parts.
I had been wrong almost every single time in the past anyways when predicting a release date ... it always took longer.

I also do not want to tell a date, because it just puts artificial pressure on the modders which is nothing I want to do.
Currently situation for most of us - especially then ones with family - is pretty stressful already, so creating more pressure is a really bad idea.

Summary:
We are done when we are done. :)
At the moment there are still a lot of unfinished todos.

Last edited:
Have a question about Pirate Cutter. Do I understand correctly that it will only be buyable in PR, and not buildable in the colonies?

Have a question about Pirate Cutter. Do I understand correctly that it will only be buyable in PR, and not buildable in the colonies?
Correct, you can only acquire it by buying it in Port Royal. :thumbsup:

Reactions: nci
I just had a thought.. if there will be more ships and they are becoming more expensive.. how about introducing a new profession? Shipbuilder.. which will let say provide +20% building speed when placed in the shipyard?

And since im speaking about professions.. they demand some goods in exchange of some resources for happiness.. why there is no gold maintenance cost?

... why there is no gold maintenance cost?
Because we are only few modders, create this mod in our spare time, also have a real life and thus could not yet implement all concept and ideas we have. :)

-----

"Maintenance costs" is planned since years, but I simply did not yet have the time to implement it.
e.g. "Changing Cannons to Professions" was on my list for 10 years before I found time to implement it.

Even though all graphics of @Schmiddie had already existed. And he had invested countless hours in creating those as well.
Not even considering yet all the effort this may have caused to other team members for testing, text writing, bugfixing, ...

-----

For several of the concepts I have implemented I have easily spent 40+ hours - for really big ones (like e.g. "Large Rivers") even 100+ hours ...
(And a feature like "Maintenance costs" is easily also 40+ hour additionaly to normal work life and private life.)

And again, these are just my own efforts that do not even yet consider efforts of other team members for graphics, texts, translations, testing, bugfixing ...
Even a mid-size feature may easily cause 80+ hours of effort in total for our team. And these numbers also only work because our team is experienced enough.

All of us modders have very similar situations, some even more trouble finding a bit of spare time because they e.g. having small kids.
Some of us sacrifice almost the last tiny bit of spare time and hardly played any computer game themselves for years.

-----

How many features do you think we can implement in our spare time? :dunno:
How many hours do you think we can invest each week additionally to private life and job?
This mod has not been implemented in days or weeks - it has been implemented in almost 14 years ...

Again, every hour we put into modding is invested on-top of job and real life, not instead.
If we can invest e.g. 12 hours additionally a week, that is like working one and a half days additionally a week.

-----

Question: "Why is there no ... ?"
Answer: "Because nobody was willing or found the time to invest the effort."

That is the simple answer to all the questions like "Why have you not already ... ?" / "Why is there no ...?"
If we had more modders actively contributing it would be a totally different story.

-----

I know you meant no harm by that question and I am not angry. :thumbsup:
But sometimes I feel that community does not really understand reality of modding.

Modding - especially on the high level we try to do - requires lots of time and effort.
Great ideas and concepts have never been the issue - just people motivated to actually invest effort.

Last edited:
I know you meant no harm by that question and I am not angry. :thumbsup:
But sometimes I feel that community does not really understand reality of modding.

Thank you for your understanding :) I do understand that it takes a lot of time and effort and I am very thankful to you and the whole team that are working on the mod, i do admire your dedication and your willingness to keep this game alive - i am a big fan of the game since i was a kid, i think it was the first game i ever played (The original Colonization). I also play quite a lot the Civ 6 game (I played all of them!) , thus I get very exited from the news of upcoming additions and have tons of ideas :)

I think thats why i was a bit puzzled that for so long the basic concept of maintenance cost (which is present in the Col games) wasnt implemented earlier :D

Thank you for your understanding.
No problem. :)

I am just already a bit sensitzed since we had several people recently that kind of thought we were paid developers and had to jump whenever they said so.
Thus once I feel that people start going a bit into the wrong directions and making demands or issuing complaints about us being not fast enough I tend to react.

... which is present in the Col games ...
You are probably talking about Civ games. :dunno:

Because there is no maintenance in Original Colonization 1994 if I remember correctly. :think:
There was definitely none in Civ4Col to start our mod with either.

... wasnt implemented earlier
Well, at some point we - the WTP team - will most likely implement it. :thumbsup:

We just need to find the time to do so once more important stuff is done first.
And as I said, if we had more modders, progress might be faster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom