1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

More Sponsors

Discussion in 'CivBE - New Sponsors' started by Pouakai, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

More Sponsors
    "The great ships were the embodiment of each nation's courage, ingenuity, and faith. As we raced skyward, we carried aloft the hopes and dreams of those left behind."

The Sponsors:

SEACA - Abhisit Norodom Na Ayutthaya​

Relatively untouched by the Great Mistake, the nations of South-East Asia banded together for mututal prosperity, sharing the belief that it was their adherence to the Buddhist faith which spared them from the events which devastated so many other nations. Their union preceeded that of the Pan-Asian Cooperation to the north, with whom they eventually joined with reluctance. However, at the time of the seeding they were able to reclaim their independence once more, using their strong economic strength to fund a localised seeding mission of their own, much to the annoyance of the PAC government to the north.

Credits:
    Pouakai - Code
    Janboruta - Leader art
    Sukritact - all other icons
    JFD - Lua

2. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

At last! I am taken completely by surprise. :p I like the simplicity of the design, not to mention the synergy between all three componens (seemingly promoting going tall - something which isn't promoted by game mechanics at the moment).

3. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Well well, this is starting to feel like playing BE where other sponsors gradually land upon your planet, now the "More -" sponsor has finally landed around hehe... (which would mean JFD is the human player, given he was the first to land :p )

Great Job :D Agreed on what Jan said.

4. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Chieftain

I'm trying to figure out what the last two letters of the acronym stand for. I assume this is primarily a union of the peninsular Southeast Asian nations - the maritime Southeast Asian nations aren't Buddhist. Not anymore, anyway. :lol:

5. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

You really should have given the full version Pouakai. SEACA stands for "Southeast Asian Cultural Alliance", it is an alliance of the peninsular SEA nations, Thailand, Cambodia, Burma and Laos, who all share a common religion and heritage (the maritime nations are part of Polystralia for now, and have been ravaged by rising sea levels in the lore I wrote up for SEACA).

6. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Chieftain

Oh, don't worry about that. I was having fun trying to guess the acronym anyway. And it's already canon that Indonesia at the very least is part of Polystralia. Though the whole sea levels thing doesn't sound like good news for us... :eek:

Then again, Bangkok was already confirmed in the canon to be part of PAC. It's perfectly possible that a country to be part of two seeding coalitions at the same time.

7. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

I did on Steam, but seems I forgot to copy it over. Besides, having South-East Asian Cultural Alliance and Abhisit Norodom Na Ayutthaya would make for a very long title...

I'll have to do some more tests, but it seems the code for the UA doesn't work. Thankfully, JFD's got a backup lua done already, so if it turns out to be true then I can just uncomment that and it should be all ready to go

8. ShadowBurger151

ShadowBurger151 Chieftain

Would the SEACA include all the countries within ASEAN, like Singapore and Vietnam and such

9. albie_123

albie_123 Modding In Secret

The 'GM Crops' cargo, and its effect, are extremely clever. I love it.

10. durfal

durfal The Dutch Daredevil

It's Thailand, Burma, Cambodia and Laos according to discription.

11. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

This sponsor is extremely good. I agree that the GM crops cargo is awesome.

12. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

The GM Crops seem to fall outside my initial borders though. This is a great addition, however he settled next to Vadim, and their colours got kinda mixed up.