More than 130 units?

Breunor

Deity
I'm hoping some one can help here -

I'm playing on a large map (Sheaim) and my SoD has a lot more than 130 units. Is there any way I can select the units that aren't listed as the 'top' 130? It seems like sometimes I get lucky and can access them, but it is hard.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Double clicking on the flag should select all of the units in the stack.

130+ Pyre Zombies? Goddamn man, thats got to be the game right there :p

I'm playing on a large map (Sheaim) and my SoD has a lot more than 130 units. Is there any way I can select the units that aren't listed as the 'top' 130? It seems like sometimes I get lucky and can access them, but it is hard.

Best wishes,

Breunor

You gotta be kidding, can't imagine nearly that many! How did you come about this situation without already winning? Then again, can't say I've actually managed to finish the game.

Alt + Click on the stack might help, selects all units that can move. Works well when you're attacking.

Is the unit grouping feature still broken? If not, you can make groups of your units (Ctrl+1 for example, as in any other strategy game) before you put them into a giant stack.

Some keys are meant to cycle through your units in a stack but I can't exactly remember which. '.' and ',' maybe?

Alt + Click on the stack might help, selects all units that can move. Works well when you're attacking.

Here is the issue - I have about 200 units but I can summon about 50 spectres a turn. Since I'm a summoner, I can get 100 spectres. These spectres are killers, I have 5 death mana and the AC is at 70, so since they are sundered, they can be real tough. The problem is that after summoning, I can't 'select' the spectres!

For those of you wondering, yes, my 'daughter' Alexis (I'm Os-Gabella) has an SoD of about 500 units. The game now kind of reminds me of HOMM 3 - it wis coming down to a grand battle between the two main armies.This is what happens when you play on a large map on immortal .....

Best wishes,

Breunor

Ctrl-Click on a Spectre should select all of the spectres in a stack.

The problem is that I can't click on any spectre's, if I could get one I agree this idea would work. I select all units, and I can cast the spells at the bottom - so I summon spectre's and LITERLLY have a stack of death! :)

However, since the spectre's aren't in the top 130 units, I can't select any of them!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Move the non-spectres away then back again? Split your forces?

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm doing but it isn't a great idea, especially as I advance. I did it once and got caught with the army separated. If the Calabim army had caught me I would have lost the game - even their vassals caused a LOT of damage.

I was hoping for a game mechanic that would work, I'll have to do something like this otherwise.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Hit the "w"ait key. A lot.

Hmm...maybe fortify the stack, summon the spectres and click on the stack again? Should select a spectre then. Then ctrl + click on the stack, and all spectres should be selected.

If you select the top unit of the stack then use ',' to move to the previous unit, you should have the bottom unit of the stack selected. You can then use the command to select all the units of one type to get the spectres.

I'm hoping that will work. I've not had your specific problem so I can't say for certain.

how about select entire army, cast spectres, and then MOVE (preferably forwards? just to defensive location)

that way, you leave your spectres alone in the tile, and can select them.

Dave Gold,

Will try that!

Tasunke, no can do. While I'm advancing I'm getting hit with everything they can throw at me. The idea is to move and thenn summon the spectre's, then I'm one square closer to the enemy.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Best wishes,

Breunor

Didn't Sid make a wait screen for just this occasion?:lol:

You must be playing on deity because I can usually manage a huge with only a hundred...:crazyeye:

One of the tips mentions holding down the (if I remember correctly) control key and using the mouse wheel to scroll through units in the same stack. Or was I hallucinating after another 4am "just one more turn" session?

One of the tips mentions holding down the (if I remember correctly) control key and using the mouse wheel to scroll through units in the same stack. Or was I hallucinating after another 4am "just one more turn" session?

OMG, THAT WORKS!!!!

YEAH!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Top Bottom