More Theming Bonuses

More Theming Bonuses 1.2

thecrazyscot

Spiffy
Current Version: 1.2
  • Amphitheater now receives a 50% theming bonus for displaying writings from different authors
  • Great Library now receives a 50% theming bonus for displaying writings from different authors
  • Oxford University now receives a 50% theming bonus for displaying writings from different authors
  • Hermitage now receives a 100% theming bonus for displaying objects of the same type from different artists.
  • Broadway now receives a 50% theming bonus for displaying music from different musicians.
  • Sydney Opera House now receives a 50% theming bonus for displaying music from different musicians.
  • Cathedral great work slot can now accommodate sculpture in addition to religious art.
Notes:
Theming bonuses are quite limited in capability right now. Artifacts are the only great works with an era or civilization attached to them, so those theming possibilities are ruled out for writing, art, relics, or music. Additionally, each building can only have 1 theming entry, so it's not currently possible to allow for different types of theming bonuses for the same building.

In light of these limitations, the theming bonuses for writings and music is reduced to 50% instead of the standard 100% as it they are easier to achieve. Mont-st-Michel does not receive a theming bonus as the only possibility which would apply is "same type", so there would be little challenge in completing it. Plus, relics are very powerful as they are.

The final change to the Cathedral great work slot is simply because it did not make sense to me that Cathedrals could only hold religious art.

Installation:
Unzip the mod folder into Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods

Last edited:
very nice addition. I was really disappointed that I could not theme the wonders. Thanks a lot!

Happy to see you making mods for Civ 6 too! You made great mods for Civ 5 and the ones you've made here so far are much appreciated!

First, let me say that I really like this mod, it helps to make the Great Work system a little more interesting.

Second, I need to ask: would you mind if I implemented your changes into a mod I'm working on? I'm looking to overhaul world wonders, and I'd like to just merge these changes with my own mod to make sure they play nice together. I'd be sure to give you credit.

First, let me say that I really like this mod, it helps to make the Great Work system a little more interesting.

Second, I need to ask: would you mind if I implemented your changes into a mod I'm working on? I'm looking to overhaul world wonders, and I'd like to just merge these changes with my own mod to make sure they play nice together. I'd be sure to give you credit.
Thanks!

And sure, feel free to incorporate my mod...no problem!

Thanks!

And sure, feel free to incorporate my mod...no problem!

One thing: Broadway's theming bonus doesn't seem to be working properly for me. Not sure if it's just me, but I'm not sure if it likes theming in a building that holds two different kinds.

This mod is now included in my Omnibus mod! I will continue to support this mod individually as well, and changes in the individual mod may impact the Omnibus and vice versa.

@Magil Thanks for the report...in the Omnibus mod I'm now experimenting with a new Broadway Great Work slot which can hold works of Writing and Music.

@Magil Thanks for the report...in the Omnibus mod I'm now experimenting with a new Broadway Great Work slot which can hold works of Writing and Music.

I tried this change, and though I can't 100% confirm it's specific to your Omnibus mod since I technically copied the code so it'd play nice with my other mods, but it seems like this change makes it so that when you build Broadway you can no longer open the Great Works menu. My suspicion is that this new kind of slot you created doesn't have a graphic assigned to it, so it can't load.

Broadway: So theming doesn't work if you have multiple slot types? Does that apply to the Bolshoi Theater too?

For Cathedral - Relic I assue you just added a single line with GREATWORKSLOT_CATHEDRAL, GREATWORKOBJECT_RELIC to GreatWork_ValidSubTypes? In what way did that not "play nice"?

Broadway: So theming doesn't work if you have multiple slot types? Does that apply to the Bolshoi Theater too?

For Cathedral - Relic I assue you just added a single line with GREATWORKSLOT_CATHEDRAL, GREATWORKOBJECT_RELIC to GreatWork_ValidSubTypes? In what way did that not "play nice"?
I haven't adequately tested theming with multiple slot types. The issues were reported by some players which is why I made the changes.

However, I intend to test support for a new slot type for Broadway in conjunction with adding support for that slot type to the Great Works screen lua (the lack of which caused the game to crash before I believe) and will see what will happen.

I haven't adequately tested theming with multiple slot types. The issues were reported by some players which is why I made the changes.

However, I intend to test support for a new slot type for Broadway in conjunction with adding support for that slot type to the Great Works screen lua (the lack of which caused the game to crash before I believe) and will see what will happen.

I'll just clarify since I commented on this in my own mod's thread: my game would crash whenever I tried to place a relic into a slot that had an "active" theming bonus. But in your version of the mod where it only affects the Cathedral, a relic would probably be fine there, since no theming is involved.

As for Broadway... there is actually another way to do theming of multiple types of Great Works that I've recently discovered, though it has its own considerations. If you use the British Museum auto-theme modifier on the building, it will support theming as long as all the slots are filled (I'm unclear on which defined theming bonus is used, but setting them all the same seems to work), even if the works contained are of different types. Of course, this doesn't allow for specifying that works from different artists must be used due to how the modifier works.

Top Bottom