More Wonders for VP

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by adan_eslavo, Jan 5, 2020.

?

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

1. Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

2. Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

3. Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

4. Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

5. Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

6. Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

7. Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

8. Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

9. Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

10. Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

11. other (suggest in the thread, please)

12. Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

13. Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

14. Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

I don't know, but I have 4 artifacts, and if I place them in Golden Dragon Pagoda or in 2 museums the difference in culture generation is big. Seems like placed in museums they get some additional bonus

2. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

There are 4 possible stages of filling golden dagon pagoda. Can you tell me what is the difference when you maximize bonus?

3. adan_eslavo

Ok, in couple of minutes I will release v0.8 in it's current state. In case if you weren't following what was added, there's brief preview:
    Additional info:
    • Etchmiadzin cathedral has experimental version of quote sound made by @pineappledan and his wife. For now, only one quote sound added;
    • All icons for wonders are now VP style; my work maybe not the best, but until some artwoker will help me this must be accepted;
    • [BUG] regarding "(0.8) resources given by dummy buildings cannot be traded, so some abilities must be changed to give only one copy" issue I decreased number of luxuries given to one per tile. You cannot sell them, and if there'are no other such resources they will not be counted towards monopoly. It's VP limitation. Posted on VP github.
    • promotion icons are not finished; waiting for @Asterix Rage's free time; no rush;
    • [BUG] new natural wonders have not working models; posted on VP github;
    • [BUG] zimbabwe has XP problem and qalhat not even using same code; posted on VP github;
    • [BUG] one promotion allows units walk on mountains; you can walk over ice too unfortunately; posted on github;
    • [BUG] unique buildings do not unlock wonders if they require buildings; posted on github;
    • check Floating Gardens bug if it is still present!
    • some wonders have no special abilities; I will be adding them later on;
    • tons of small fixes, balance issues, minor changes, structural changes of the mod;
    What will be done soon or much later:
    • small ui change for natural wonder popup allowing centering on NW with button;
    • more sounds with quotes if @pineappledan and his wife record them?
    • additional abilities for last wonders;
    • bugfixing when VP team will check the issues?
    • couple of new WWs?
    This is highly BETA version and may contain other bugs, because amount of stuff added is enormous; do not be affraid and report them. Remember to add some logs, screenshots and additional info that would help me with that; I will try to fix them as soon as possible.

Remember to look at first post for most present info about mod content.

OP and github will be updated as well.
    New restrictions in OP.

New download link (from Dropbox) because mod has grown and it doesn't allow me to upload it on civfanatics! Tell me if it works correctly, please.

To choose between male and female quote sound see:
    upload_2020-6-16_20-25-23.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  4. EdwardLiv

EdwardLiv Chieftain

This update is huge, thank you for creating the mod! Will start a new game soon

5. How to know

How to know Chieftain

Thank you so much for your efforts! The industrial wonders look very good!

6. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

I didn't fill it before I had 4 artifacts from different nations in consecutive eras, then I took those from museums in different cities and after optimizing remaining arts in museums my generated culture dropped.
    I looked also at culture generation before adding fourth artifacts, after addition it wasn't much, don't remember exactly, like 20-30 culture(I am in atomic era, Planet Simulator, large, epic, 12, 24 CS, Indonesia, Immortal).
    After returning those artifacts to museums, difference was about 100 -120 culture.
    Seems as you don't get anything for theming, just losing culture

7. adan_eslavo

Ok, then maybe adding other extra yield to that will resolve the thing.
    What about other GW wonders? How they work?
    Maybe it's because museums have bonuses from other buildings?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  8. How to know

How to know Chieftain

I built the Wieliczka Salt Mine in my capital, but my second city's mine didn't get the +1 food. The in-game description says the +1 Food/Mine is a global effet, so I check with the sql file and it looks like a local one. Which one is correct? So I can change the value myself.

9. adan_eslavo

Should be local I suppose. Seems like old issue. Description should be changed. Old-style description is ok. Thanks.

I also noticed after uploading that I didn't change description for Natural Wonders adding luxuries, and it still states that NW give 2 copies, not one. Be aware of that.

10. danymatrix

danymatrix Warlord

great! 6-19 is Ready boyz! =P

11. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

v 0.8 breaks compatibility with 43-civ version... my two cents, i think natural wonders should be separate mod unless it can be done without a new assignstartingplots.lua, as this may limit how well this mod plays with others

12. Entrusted

Entrusted Chieftain

Hello I have a question does this mod include all of the wonders listed in the OP, or is it incomplete at this time?

13. adan_eslavo

Ups... didn't know that those files are different. Can you provide me assignstartingplots.lua from your installation? I will do similar changes and post it for you to test.
    Only 5 industrial wonders are available. All earlier are implemented. See here.

In VP 6-19 they say XP bug is fixed. Can you check that?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  14. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

Attached it (rename to .lua)... note that i already changed # of natural wonders in this file on huge maps from 7 to 17 (it never actually spawns 17 fyi, usually 12-14). This is a default change i make every time i download a new VP... maybe while our focus is on this file we should request that the lua for natural wonders references the world_sizes table instead of these static values buried in the lua, as currently the max natural wonders value in world_sizes is somewhat of an orphan and almost pointless (afaik it has to be changed as well as the lua to get more NW on map), though the lua should be able to call the variable from the table with a completely trivial change. I'll get around to making the request on git in next few days unless someone beats me to it

i still think modding assignstartingplots.lua is not the optimal course, as other mods that similarly do this will conflict unpredictably (already the more resources mod from recent months overwrites this lua, and cannot work with 43 civ).. I am not aware of any others though, so maybe its not a big deal, but fwiw I'd still prefer to have the option to do wonder buildings and natural wonders as separate mod components

Attached Files:

15. adan_eslavo

I found solution to have even more natural wonders: lower distance between wonders on map. Increasing limits didn't work as expected.

Changes I made to this file:
    • increased limits for NW;
    • decreased minimum distance betwen NWs;
    • added collisions for multi-tile wonders (initially was only reef, but now there's reworked reef and also salar de uyuni);
    When first 2 are optional, then last one is important because without it you may (it is slight chance) get resource on a NW tile which was not initial tile for multi tile wonder. I don't know how to ommit that.

Thanks for file. Tomorrow I will upload new version.

16. adan_eslavo

Ok, test it out and tell me if it works.
    Only for 43-civ version of VP.
    I included this file to the mod folder so next time you will only have to copy/paste it.

Attached Files:

17. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

okay it might only be next weekend or later before i play next but thanks for doing this...

maybe the best solution is to request that this lua in the main VP branch references variables instead of static values where you have made your changes to NW parameters, and then modders can update the table where the variables' assigned values live to allow this mod or others conflict-free

alternatively you could make a new lua run right after assignstartingplots that redoes the NW

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  18. hokath

hokath King

Giving 0.8 a whirl.
    Let me know if I can help with anything just now :)

19. adan_eslavo

Even though, this will not resolve problem from pt. 3... Previous author of the NW modmod had the same problem.

20. adan_eslavo

• You can check Floating Garden bug or XP bug from Great Zimbabawe if you decide to play a bit.
    • If you want to make some art, then rest of industrial wonders are without icons which need to be done.
    • Also you can look at previous icons and refine them a bit if you think you can do them closer to VP style. Do not hesitate. I rushed them slightly, so they are not prettiest.