1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

More Wonders for VP

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by adan_eslavo, Jan 5, 2020.

1. gwennog

gwennog Prince

Yes, to play with the last version you must have the last version of VP.

Dimmy likes this.
  2. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

I see that Polar Expedition could be built anywhere, even in the middle of jungle. May be it should require some snow tiles?

3. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

It requires at least one tile of snow in range 1 and it works like that now. I just checked it. If snow is surrounded by jungle becaue of map generation sequence, then I cannot do much about that.

4. Pal Laki

Pal Laki Chieftain

Just finished a culture oriented Warmonger game with Japan with this mod. It is geat, good job! :) I sadly wasnt able to build Marae Arahurahu, but i think the 20exp/great work are way too overtuned in comparison to the other experience giving wonders. Even 5exp/great work would be pretty strong imo, considering most of the time those great works are stacked in that one city anyways. Maybe there should be an cap to keep it in balance with the other wonders. Just wanted to share my thoughts about this. :)

5. Decent Guy

Decent Guy Chieftain

Sorry to be lazy, but does anyone have screenshots of the natural wonders on the map.

I am considering spending considerable time and effort to creat a personal use mod with some of these natural wonders in it, however, I don't want to spend a great deal of effort if the visual quality of the wonders is lackluster. For instance in the origins mod ' Wondorous nature' I would consider everest a no go, because the quality sticks out too much from the base game.

Additionally if anyone experience with the base game is keen to tell me how impossible converting elements of this mod to work without Vpop is, please go ahead. I really am not experienced in modding at all, and will happily avoid smashing my head against a wall.

6. Pal Laki

Pal Laki Chieftain

Forum Romanum Wonder is missing Marsh requirement in ingame description.

7. Rean

Rean Warlord

It's only 20 xp per work of music in that wonder itself. Still very good tho.

Pal Laki likes this.
  8. Pal Laki

Pal Laki Chieftain

Ah i understand. Yes, still strong, maybe 10xp per work would be enough then, since the wonder has other good bonuses,too. The fact that only the great works from the wonder itself count is also missing in the description, at least in the non flavor description part. :)

9. Rean

Rean Warlord

Yeah, Wartburg has the same issue. And 10 xp seems too rough, prolly just put it down to 15. It does have the somewhat annoying aspect of it being music works that are needed when you don't get the musician's guilds until Acousticts.

10. Yerltvachovicic

Yerltvachovicic Chieftain

First - I also put my vote for halving XP from Wartburg and Marae Arahurahu
    Second - what exactly -1 policies in Roman Forum requirements means?
    Third - I like Forge of Damascus wonder and their promotion Damascus Steel, but Jinete now seems underpowered, consider maybe giving it to ranged mounted as well?

Pozdrawiam krajana!

11. R3P0

R3P0 Chieftain

@adan_eslavo Not sure if this has been mentioned before however it appears with this mod enabled that Public Works is no longer an option. This is critical for assisting in helping with happiness down the line on cities larger than a size of 10.

12. Rean

Rean Warlord

That's prolly a bug on your end, been using this mod for a while and never had issues with Public Works.

I feel like the Cavalry bonus should just be removed from FoD, it's far too strong as it is IMO.

13. R3P0

R3P0 Chieftain

@Rean I am using the latest version of the MOD and as soon as I turn off More Wonders, Public Works shows as a wonder under Machinery. I can assure you this is a bug in the More Wonders for VP MOD.

14. gwennog

gwennog Prince

Sorry, I'm playing with the last mod and the last version of VP, I haven't any problems.

15. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

I have no problems with PW

16. Emperorman1

Emperorman1 Chieftain

I was playing in peace, finishing just another wonder. Then my speakers jell ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED! Spooked me properly :D

Great work with this!

adan_eslavo and gwennog like this.
  17. Solic

Solic Chieftain

I disabled all the added wonders as you said in the OP, but I would also like the original wonders to just be like how they are normally. I'm not a fan of the terrain requirements and would just like some more natural wonder variety. Is that possible and could you please point me in the right direction?

I'm not sure what you meant with the "cannot play the opposite config"? If you meant that this is not possible or that you can't play with just the world wonders and not the new natural wonders. Thanks in advance!

18. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

Exactly. You cannot turn off NW now. Also you cannot turn off requirements now (without manual deleting them in files which would be time consuming).
    Moreover, NWs are tough to add and there're major problems with graphics, even in current ones. I have a plan for one more, but mostly I would like to correct previous first. Maybe @pineappledan, who was trying to play with 3D graphics on his own will be able to help me. This is beyond my possibilities now, especially, when I'm doing other non-civ projects in parallel.

I will try to modify XP as soon as possible, and surely will look at Damascus and Jinete.
    Say thanks to @pineappledan. He provided the recordings.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Whitehorns and Solic like this.
  19. JohnnyNT

JohnnyNT Chieftain

You might want to have look at Sanbo, in my game it gave Kamikadze promotion to all civilians as well :) I have also found some more typos/errors in the Promotion Overhaul, will summarise them later.