[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
It wouldn't be too heavy but I'm not an expert.
Me neither but a lot of tiny light things make a heavy monster. When modding, we should take this fact into account.

Life of a modder is not easy...
I understand your feeling but let's hope VP team takes care of VP first. I'm not always happy when tables or things are implemented in VP just because a modmodmodder want it.

Why not to consider making things more simple, more straightforward?
Actually, the most difficult is to invent good simple things . Tetris forever is only 7 pieces in 7 colors. Many others shapes and colors were available...

Tetris forever is only 7 pieces in 7 colors. Many others shapes and colors were available...
Please..., seriously? If we stopped on Tetris, we would never play Civ 5.

But now, seriously, I will have to rework it probably. I must think of lua workaround, and if it is possible. And if not, change it totally.

Last edited:
Me neither but a lot of tiny light things make a heavy monster. When modding, we should take this fact into account.

I understand your feeling but let's hope VP team takes care of VP first. I'm not always happy when tables or things are implemented in VP just because a modmodmodder want it.
I hate when they are silent for days or weeks and then BANG! They clean topics and close one after another. They do not let the author defend the issue, talk about possible solutions, maybe change the thread flag to FEATURE REQUEST. Just it. Closed and gone. Many times I continue to talk on the thread, and then there was: "ah, my mistake", "no one talked so I closed" or "this has to be like that. Period." Some issues were reopened and resolved that way.

I'm with VP with all my heart, but this breaks it.

IsNoCoast was planned to be a feature made exactly for this mod. It is not, and it will not be. And thanks God I saved old lua code. If I had to rewrite this again...

Last edited:
G said that -1 factor in Terrain modifier table for Trans-Siberian Railway promotion is filtered by base DLL feature, and will not by applied. Of course topic is closed (as always), but I asked about possible solution or for help from other modders to apply the solution if it doesn't exist. Waiting for an answer;
That would be very, very easy to fix. What is the issue?

That would be very, very easy to fix. What is the issue?
The thing I wanted to achieve is to make +1 :c5moves: movement point if going through tundra or snow. There is a function UnitPromotion_Terrains which contains the thing called ExtraMoves, but it allows only positive numbers (negative are filtered by dll) and these numbers mean that you get -1 :c5moves: MP when entering particular tiles. The opposite thing is impossible for now. I used DoubleMoves instead in my latest personal beta, but it is much more overpowered than -1 :c5moves: MP.

What are the requirements for Panama Canal? What is Isthmus?
You know the real life Panama Canal? I suppose it's supposed to be something like that, I'm pretty sure you have to be in like a small patch of land that lets ships go through
@Bruhmoment You are right. It supposed to be something like that. I draw few examples earlier, and probably link it to the op :) This is the old post.

Interestingly enough, the Golden Dagon Pagoda doesn't give me a free Archaeologist. I suppose this is a conflict with some mods or something glitched out?

Interestingly enough, the Golden Dagon Pagoda doesn't give me a free Archaeologist. I suppose this is a conflict with some mods or something glitched out?
It's just a problem with updating the text to the version you have. In fact, Golden Dagon Pagoda give to Archeologists, the Hidden Artefacts Promotion which allows the unit to enter foreign territory, even without open borders.

Spoiler Golden Dagon Pagoda :
upload_2021-10-4_19-1-23.png

I think the text is a little cryptique for this part of benefice but that's what the wonder brings :).

Spoiler Promotion :
upload_2021-10-4_19-9-59.png

Weirdly enough, in my game it doesn't say hidden artifacts, it says Free Archaeologist instead
I'm pretty sure I have the newest version so is there something happening behind the scenes?

v0.13 is finally available. I had no time recently to finish it ideally, but I hope all major bugs are resolved and all content you mentioned earlier is added.

Please tell me when you find something wrong (of course with screenshots and detailed description; if you mention problem with requirements, you must say which version do you use: LIGHT or HARD!).

Changelog for v0.13:
Code:
New stuff:
    - 6 new World Wonders:
        - added 3 new Transportation World Wonders: Interstate Highway System, Autobahn and Concorde; all mutually exclusive with themselves as well as other Transportation WWs;
        - added 3 new Ideology World Wonders: Hollywood (Freedom), Sputnik (Order) and Anitkabir (Autocracy);
    - added 20 new quote sounds from @pineappledan; 1 quote reworked (Zócalo);
    - added brief info about NWs bonuses and parameters in Civilopedia; now you can check them any time (so far it was possible only during first encounter);
    - UCS compatibility:
        - new help text for Potala Palace;
    - EE compatibility:
        - new help texts for EE World Wonders;
        - modified splash screen starting points for EE WWs;
        - cleaned up policy cost for all VP, EE and MW World Wonders after reshuffling the tech tree;
        - cleaned up production cost for all VP, EE and MW World Wonders after reshuffling the tech tree;
        - added requirements to EE World Wonders;
        - reshuffled WWs end techs:
            - Summer Palace moved to EE-Sovereignty;
            - EE-Versailles moved to Acoustics (split 2 EE WWs from the same tech);
            - Solovietsky Monastery to EE-Exploration (EE was too late for this WW; filling empty tech);
            - Bakken to EE-Exploration (EE was too late for this WW);
            - House of Trade to Economics (filling empty tech after moving Bakken and Peterhof from);
            - Peterhof to EE-Flintlock (filling empty tech);
            - Siku Quanshu to EE-Manufacturing (filling empty tech);
    - new Promotion Icons including Thule Air Base for future plans;
    - added "Light" version of requirements;
Updates:
    - updated descriptions of few WWs changed recently by VP;
    - added more detailed info for Sylvite in civilopedia;
    - updated standard AssignStartingPlots.lua file to latest VP 7-1-3 version;
        - brought back old Fertility code in AssignStartingPlots.lua file;
    - updated AssignStartingPlots.lua file for 43-civ to latest VP 7-1-3 version (finally);
    - updated WorldWonders.odt file;
    - now Natural Wonder popup window informs about unit type that gets the promotion;
    - requirement info now mentions that resource must be improved;
    - MaxEraRestriction is now enabled by default and much easier to configure (parameter MW-MAX-ERA);
Balances:
    - Fleet of the Sun promotion now gives your fleet bonus vs Air units and another bonus if adjacent unit is friendly; flanking bonus deleted;
    - Polar Expedition now requires a City near north or south pole instead of lack of Water;
    - buffed:
        - Qalhat: deleted +100% TR Range and increased bonus culture from TRs to +3 culture instead (was +2);
        - Autobahn:
            - WorkerRate increased to 30% (was 10%; quite noticeable);
            - Defense bonus nerfed to 7 CS per City (was 10);
        - Trans-Siberian Railway: promotion gives 25% WorkerRate buff (was 20%);
    - nerfed some latest buildings:
        - White Sands Missile Range: now +33% production to Missiles and +10% production to Spaceship Parts (was +35% for both);
        - Millau Viaduct: now +5 global Tourism (was +10%) and converts 5% of production to Tourism (was 10%); to make it less powerful in that matter than Palm Jumeirah;
        - Arecibo Observatory: now +1 science to all Scientists (was +2) and +2 science to all Observatories (was +3);
        - Palm Jumeirah: now +3 Tourism (was +5), converts 15% of production to Tourism (was 25%) and 10% of production to Gold (was 15%);
        - Taipei 101: now +2 Gold (was +4) and +2 gold to all Trade Posts and Towns (was +3);
    - fixed and balanced NWs frequencies (didn't change that since adding 3 new NWs; some NWs don't appear at all!);
        - new method for Krakatoa: more universal, still looks for big island and avoids continents;
        - new method for Bioluminescent Bay: now coded via lua which allowed changing and requiring tiles on land; requires some grassland and jungle around;
        - Fountain of Youth: now looks for some smaller land (not island!);
        - Lake Retba: now looks for small to medium Island;
        - Great Barrier Reef: spawns 2 Atolls around in random spots; slightly changed method of placing;
        - numerous changes in spawning methods for mentioned and other NWs (Rock of Gibraltar, Giant's Causeway, Mt. Kailash, Cerro de Potosi, El Dorado, Lake Victoria etc.);
        - deleted polar region restriction beside Great Barrier Reef (it can be much close to polar now);
    - Krakatoa now reduces food by 2 (was -1) and gives 2 science around instead;
    - World Wonder's requirements:
        - Temple of Artemis now requires Forest or Jungle instead of Fresh Water;
        - Rockefeller Center now requires Coast and River instead of Oil;
        - White Sands Missile Range now requires Desert instead of Uranium;
        - White Sands Missile Range now Imperialism WW instead of planned Thule Air Base;
    - changed based World Wonder cost modifiers to balance increased number of World Wonders:
        - same era modifier now 35% (was 25%); now you should think twice before building a Wonder, because next will me about one third more expensive;
        - previous era modifier now 20% (was 15%);
        - earlier era modifier now 15% (was 10%);
Fixes:
    - totally reverted lua code for IsNoCoast requirement; database confirmed as not working properly;
    - reverted deletion of RoughRangedAttackModifier parameter of Imperial Army promotion;
    - corrected and unified NWs popup descriptions;
    - fixed Museum Island global GArtP bonus (was local);
    - fixed Trans-Siberian Railway promotion: now gives Double Movement on Tundra/Snow (was not working -1 Movement Point);
    - fixed/upgraded Kamikaze:
        - added missing requirement to PerTurn function;
        - added new function checking unit state after combat (useful during double attack; now updates every time, not only on turn beginning);
    - added missing bonus to production of Spaceship Parts in White Sands Missile Range;
    - fixed policy cost for Behaddou, Neushwanstein, Slater Mill, Sistine Chapel, Summer Palace and Motherland Calls;
    - fixed production cost for all VP and MW wonders (neglected by VP makers);
    - added info in Bermuda popup screen, that it stops unit entering its tiles;
    - again fixed Forum Romanum requirement text about policies needed;
    - fixed Gate of the Sun lua code (it spawned dummy building for every player that build the Walls);
    - fixed Orszaghaz description; now it says you get 1 Vote per 1 Defensive Pact (was per 2);
    - fixed World Wonder blocking by changing WActive parameter (now uses lua);
    - deleted WFake unused feature from the mod (added in predecessor mod);
    - added IsDummy value for blocked World Wonders (now they cannot be used by City-States quests);
    - added missing grassland requirement for Stonehenge;
    - fixed colouring of "place for..." phrase in requirement part;
    - fixed lots of typos and text errors;

Attachments

• WorldWonders (v0.13).pdf
    95.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I started the poll to choose new Enlightenment Era WWs. Cast your votes to help me make another update! If you have further suggestions, obligatory write them down here and you will surely add them to the poll (if they fit my personal taste oc :)).

Date of the end of the poll is not defined for now. I want to gather as many votes as possible.

The next release date depends on my free time and number of bugs or issues to fix in v0.13.

Last edited:
Op updated with some more detailed description of new Flavoured Help Texts.

v0.13 is finally available. I had no time recently to finish it ideally, but I hope all major bugs are resolved and all content you mentioned earlier is added.[/CODE]

Man you are an absolute legend! The work you put into this mod is immense. Really looking forward to playing this new version. Thank you!

The non-flavoured help texts are wrong for Altamira cave (missing bonus for horses), and Kuk (bonus to marshes are global). It would also be nice if the mod transitioned off of TechEnhancedTourism to Building_TechEnhancedYieldChanges instead, since the latter makes the UI look cleaner, and the latter table works with Tourism yields in VP.

Also, is Kuk's 5% production yield on growth intentional? This is such a miniscule yield that I'm not sure why it's even there. Its help text could also be changed to be in more line with the Aqueduct's "15% of :c5food: Food is carried over after a new :c5citizen: Citizen is born, and +25% of the :c5production: Production of the City is added to the City''s current :c5production: Production.". Simply saying that "5% :c5production: Production is carried over" is somewhat confusing, as there are no production yields to carry over after a growth, as none are being spent.

Finally, if I wanted to play a version of this mod without the NW changes, would it be simple enough to just delete the NW folder and references to it in .modinfo?

The non-flavoured help texts are wrong for Altamira cave (missing bonus for horses), and Kuk (bonus to marshes are global). It would also be nice if the mod transitioned off of TechEnhancedTourism to Building_TechEnhancedYieldChanges instead, since the latter makes the UI look cleaner, and the latter table works with Tourism yields in VP.
I will surely look at it! If there's no gameplay difference, then why not?

Also, is Kuk's 5% production yield on growth intentional? This is such a miniscule yield that I'm not sure why it's even there. Its help text could also be changed to be in more line with the Aqueduct's "15% of :c5food: Food is carried over after a new :c5citizen: Citizen is born, and +25% of the :c5production: Production of the City is added to the City''s current :c5production: Production.". Simply saying that "5% :c5production: Production is carried over" is somewhat confusing, as there are no production yields to carry over after a growth, as none are being spent.
I will analyse that, but Neolithic Wonders, according to my plan, shouldn't be overpowered. This 5% now may give you much more latter when stacked with something else. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Finally, if I wanted to play a version of this mod without the NW changes, would it be simple enough to just delete the NW folder and references to it in .modinfo?
If you want to disable only new NW, then look here. I will add it to the op soon. If you want to get rid of all changes to NW, then you must try on your own with what you said. I'm not sure, but this should work.

Can someone tell me how exactly the part "25% of the City's :c5production: is added to the current :c5production:." of aqueduct works? I cannot understand that. Is it simply +25% :c5production: ?

Top Bottom