[POLL] More Wonders for VP

What exclusive Enlightenment Era World Wonders you would like to see added in this mod (max. 3)

• Wat Pho (Thailand) (around1688) tied to Economics

• Buckingam Palace (England) (1703) tied to Navigation

• Paro Taktsang (Bhutan) (1692) tied to EE-Flintlock

• Bell Rock Lighthouse (Scotland) (1810) tied to EE-Wargames

• Yellowstone National Park (USA) (1872) tied to EE-Wargames

• Arc de Triomphe (France) (around 1830) tied to EE-Wargames

• Bastille (France) (from XIV to late XVIII) (but as a prison) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Taman Sari (Indonesia) (1765) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Stone Town (Tanzania) (1830-1840) tied to EE-Fortifications

• Bolshoi Theater (Russia) (1776/1825/1856) tied to EE-Romanticism

• other (suggest in the thread, please)

• Canal du Midi (France) (1681) tied to Navigation

• Fontanna di Trevi (Italy) (1776) tied to Economics

• Modlin Fortress (Poland) (1806) tied to EE-Fortifications

Results are only viewable after voting.
This freedom wonder should help cultural victory for me. In comparison of concord, for example, the choice goes easily towards the second.
The production of films and their international distribution is one of the vectors of the influence of the US on the world. Maybe to replace the + 5% GWAM by instant :tourism: tourism with each acquisition of a tenet.
Hollywood and Concorde will be slightly reworked. I found YieldFromPolicyUnlock table, so it will be something you suggested I suppose (375:tourism: in Modern Era per unlock will be enough in late game, but may be too much). Concorde will have +10%:tourism::tourism: removed, but other :tourism: stuff slightly stronger.

Last edited:
I'm not an usurper
I don't have the link :sad:.
But I'm sure you are not an usurper, You are my Deus Ex Machina for lua code :worship: and the creator of my favorite mod :hatsoff:.

Hollywood and Concorde will be slightly reworked. I found YieldFromPolicyUnlock table, so it will be something you suggested I suppose (375:tourism: in Modern Era per unlock will be enough in late game, but may be too much). Concorde will have +10%:tourism::tourism: removed, but other :tourism: stuff slightly stronger.
Thank you, it's just an idea but I think it can be interesting. Yes, I think the Concorde was powerful, it's more balanced like that.

Just, but you will do what you want with it, Concorde is a Franco-English creation. In these difficult times when problems are re-emerging between these two neighboring states, it's good to underline the great common successes. Moreover, the tunnel under the Channel could also be a Transport Wonder ;).

Moreover, the tunnel under the Channel could also be a Transport Wonder ;).
Nah, I'm done with Transportation Wonders for now. 5 is enough imo.

Nah, I'm done with Transportation Wonders for now. 5 is enough imo.
It was just a snap, I agree that there is enough wonder transport and they cover quite a bit of possible game choices.

I am currently playing with the penultimate version (v0.14 vol.3), the 40/35/30 choice seems a good balance for the start of the game and until renaissance (era in which I am for the moment).

I discovered two new wonders, Plain of Jars and Sigiriya, very good :goodjob:. They don't have any limitations yet, however, it shows, all civilizations have jumped on them (I'm playing with Wonder Race to follow a little which are the easiest wonders to build and which ones can never be chosen) .

It was just a snap, I agree that there is enough wonder transport and they cover quite a bit of possible game choices.

I am currently playing with the penultimate version (v0.14 vol.3), the 40/35/30 choice seems a good balance for the start of the game and until renaissance (era in which I am for the moment).

I discovered two new wonders, Plain of Jars and Sigiriya, very good :goodjob:. They don't have any limitations yet, however, it shows, all civilizations have jumped on them (I'm playing with Wonder Race to follow a little which are the easiest wonders to build and which ones can never be chosen) .
I played with Wonder Race a while, and it's nice mod, but little cheaty for humans who can stop racing when they see no chance in winning. But for testing purpose it is an ideal tool.

Yeah, for now in vol. 4 none of new Wonders have restrictions, and few of them have no tooltips as well. Maybe next week I will fill the gaps. This week I will have no time for that probably.

You can use this time to gather more balance suggestions, especially toward new wonders :)

upload_2021-11-16_23-45-29.png

Great mod! But I have the following problem, in Cusco, I cant build Ankor War or Hanging Gardens, but in the city on the right I can! Is it a bug? It is as if the tile next tot Cusco is not lake (it also has fish strangely!)

I suppose ou play on hard requirements, right?

Are you sure Cusco is built on Flat? Both WWs have such requirement.

If there's a Fish next to Cusco then it is treated as a Sea by the code and the engine. If lake has enough tiles, then you must be aware (looking at the yield f.e.) if you want to settle on inner sea.

View attachment 614516

Great mod! But I have the following problem, in Cusco, I cant build Ankor War or Hanging Gardens, but in the city on the right I can! Is it a bug? It is as if the tile next tot Cusco is not lake (it also has fish strangely!)
As I see, body of water near Cusco has 12 tiles and near Tiwanaki 9. If the body of water has 10 or more tiles it considered as sea.

Hi Adan! I don't know what it was, I again deleted cash and mods folders, reinstalled VP and now everything works fine.
Good to hear!

As I see, body of water near Cusco has 12 tiles and near Tiwanaki 9. If the body of water has 10 or more tiles it considered as sea.
That's what I thought.

Hi, in the most recent version of VP (1.2.1) the AI seems to be really slow in building wonders. I'm wondering if this has to do with the increased penalty for wonder construction if you already have a wonder (I think it was raised from 35% -> 50% by this mod?)

I can't build Cristo Redentor. Looking up Civilopedia it has to be on hill and flat.View attachment 615506
Wow, how this survived all this time, I don't know. Flat seems to be a relic from the base game. Will be seto on "0" in next update.
Hi, in the most recent version of VP (1.2.1) the AI seems to be really slow in building wonders. I'm wondering if this has to do with the increased penalty for wonder construction if you already have a wonder (I think it was raised from 35% -> 50% by this mod?)
I increased this to 40% in the most recent github update, but in official release it is indeed equal to 50%. IT may be little hard to build more than 2 wonders in the earliest eras. This is because the number of WWs was increased drastically, and to prevent from any spam: human or AI, I made them harder to built. For reference look at these posts: link, link, link.

I still wait for some response about this change and how it performs in the gameplay. I must start finishing current update :)

Seems like Gate of the Sun doesn't give bonuses, checked with IGE, it doesn't build dummy buildings.
Will be fixed. Thanks for notifying.

Again, I would like to encourage anyone who did not participate in this mod's poll (on top of the thread) to cast his own votes and help me choose the best EE wonders of all suggested! Remember you may suggest your own ideas, too.

I also noticed that few people voted for less than 3 ideas. Remember you can cast up to 3 votes!

I noticed that poll has stucked recently, but I hope it will change soon. :)

I have a question about Taipei 101 it says +2 gold per trade posts - so it's per village?
Improvement created by a worker, so it's village? I must correct that.

Top Bottom