1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

More Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Pouakai, Mar 27, 2011.

1. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

You should move the MLK memorial on the first page to the atomic era (now that it's availeable with computers instead of vanilla's mass media)
    Probably a couple others are due to be moved too

EDIT: MLK Memorial to atomic era (Computers), was in modern era (Mass Media)
    Palm Jumeirah to information era (Globalization), was in modern era (Globalization)
    Motherland Calls to atomic era (Combined Arms), was in modern era (Radar)
    Petronas Towers to information era (Globalization), was in modern era (Electronics)
    Rockefeller Center to modern era (Replacable Parts), was in industrial era (Replacable Parts)
    Abraj al Bait Tower to information era (Globalization), was in modern era (Globalization)
    Empire State Building to modern era (Electronics), was in industrial era (Electricity)
    Sky Tower to atomic era (Ecology), was in industrial era (Radio)
    Taipei 101 to information era (if Globalization) or atomic era (if Ecology), was in modern era (Ecology)
    Broadway to modern era (Radio), was in industrial era (Radio)
    Oriental Pearl Tower to information era (Telecommunications), was in modern era (Mass Media)
    Khaosan Road to modern era (Flight), was in industrial era (Flight)
    Arecibo Observatory to atomic era (Radar), was in moden era (Satellites)
    Brooklyn Bridge to modern era (Railroad), was in industrial era (Railroad)
    Millau Viaduct to atomic era (Ecology), was in modern era (Plastics)
    I guess the Shanghai World Financial Center (Globalization) will also be moved from the modern era when you update it to GK

EDIT2: If everything end up where I think (so Shanghai World Financial Center and Taipei 101 will be in the information era)
    You will have 7 industrial, 8 modern, 7 atomic and 7 information era wonders :)
    For now ;)

EDIT3: checked the earlier wonders too:
    Cairo Citadel to classical era (Engineering), now in medieval era (Engineering)
    Buddhas of Bamyan to classical era (Engineering), now in medieval era (Engineering)
    Teotihuacan to classical era (Engineering), now in medieval era (Engineering)
    Grand Canal to medieval era (Compass), now in renaissance era (Compass)

2. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Cheers - I'll update the OP soon.

I'd like to apologise for the lack of wonders recently - I've just about finished updating everything to G&K, with the exceptions of the Arab Spring, Chinese New Year and Songkran packs as I'm waiting for cover images (similar to that of Diwali) for them. The updating, aside from aforementioned exceptions, will be finished today. I should also have about three new wonders this weekend, with icons by both sukritact and janboruta.

As a side point, do any of you Lua experts think you would be able to write some code for a building / wonder to not become available with a specific technology, but rather upon entering an era?

3. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Sounds great :)
    What will happen with the Wat Phra Kaew? Will it also go to the steam workshop?
    And the possibly updated wonders of Ambrox? IIRC you got permission (and even encouragement) from him to update his wonders to GK
    It would be great to have all the best wonders in one place, to have a complete collection
    That's why I asked the workshop too - you can always state it in the description that the entire wonder was done by sukritact, not only the icon. Or that the wonder was originally made for vanilla CiV by Ambrox...

4. Ogenvi

Ogenvi Chieftain

I will try to fix my issue with workshop...

5. Pouakai

Tokyo Sky Tree

Located near the Sumida river in Central Tokyo, the Tokyo Sky Tree is a 634 metre tall broadcasting and observation tower visible from most of the metropolis. It was built over four years from 2008 to 2012, incorperating several aspects of traditional and modern Japanese design, as well as vast safety measures to protect the structure against the powerful earthquakes which frequent the Japanese mainland. Ingame, the Tokyo Sky Tree provides +1 :c5happy: Happiness and +1 :c5culture: Culture from every Broadcast tower in the empire, and requires Telecommunications. The Tokyo Sky Tree can be downloaded from either Steam Workshop Here or from the CivFanatics Download Database Here. This wonder also marks two firsts - we welcome Janboruta to the More Wonders team with his icon (The slight off-centering of it is my fault, and will be fixed at a later point). This is also the first wonder to use a photo which I have taken as a splash screen, with more to come later.

Spoiler Screenshots :

6. trystero49

trystero49 Prince

Looks great!

I have a suggestion: Large Hadron Collider, available at particle physics. 2 Free Techs.

I would like to see more wonders for some of the techs that are very bare, e.g. Rifling, if possible.

Thanks.

7. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

LHC is availeable for vanilla CiV, made by Ambrox: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=408550
    IIRC it even uses some original Firaxis files
    Hopefully Pouakai will update it to GK soon

The Tokyo Sky Tree is a really nice wonder, and awesome photo you took there ;)

8. trystero49

trystero49 Prince

9. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

That is a brilliant icon! And an awesome wonder of course!

10. Pouakai

Thanks everyone! @AbsintheRed - there is a splash screen for it, but it's just a placeholder (Black screen with the words "Large Hadron Colider")

11. Pouakai

Chogha Zanbil

Chogha Zanbil is the world's best preserved Ziggurat, and one of the few located outside of the Mesopotamia region, instead being found in modern day Iran where it was built by Elamites around 1250 BCE. The Ziggurat is dedicated mainly to the god Inshushinak, although smaller temples within the site honour many other gods of the same Pantheon. Ingame, Chogha Zanbil provides a free temple in the city in which it is built, as well as +2 :c5faith: faith, while it requires Bronze Working. Chogha Zanbil can be downloaded from Steam Workshop Here or from the CivFanatics Download Database Here

Spoiler Screenshots :

12. Pouakai

Darjeeling Himalayan Railway

The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is the most famous of the railways featured in the 'Mountain Railways of India' UNESCO World Hertiage site. It was built during the British Raj period of Indian colonisation in order to provide access to the mountain city of Darjeeling and the rich tea plantations which surround it. It is widely known as the 'Toy Train', as it is a very small train with only a two-foot gauge of railroad track. Ingame, the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway provides 3 sources of the Tea resource and an additional +3 :c5happy: Happiness, while it requires Railroad and must be built in a city on a hill tile. The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway can be downloaded from Steam Workshop Here or the CivFanatics Download Database Here.

Spoiler Screenshots :

13. killmeplease

killmeplease Mk Z on Steam

nearby mountain requirement would make more scence imho

14. 3335d

3335d CCtP Player

This seems right - tea plantations are at ~ 2000 meters of elevation, which is within mountain range.

15. sukritact

This is a different tea from mine right? (Meaning I'd have two copies of tea if I used this resource).

The icon appears clipped. Are you using the magic wand to select the icon? But otherwise, awesome wonder.

16. Pouakai

Apparently I already had made it a mountain requirement, forgot about it and put in a hill requirement. So for the moment it requires both a mountain and a hill tile.

@Sukritact: I completely forgot about the magic wand, I'd just been cropping a box around it. How easy would it be with the magic wand to get the edges looking good though?

17. sukritact

Depends on the icon (and how Jan does his) and the fidelity you set the tool at. If you'd send it over to me I could take a quick look.

18. Pouakai

I've sent them over.

And in regards to your Tea question, I used Resource_Tea as the name, so they both use the same codename - how will they be able to be used together?

I think I'll add yours in as a reference (Loads first if both are active) and tell people to change the name of the Tea files?

19. Pouakai

Just a quick update on the Pantheon: I'm working on getting the model to appear, but I'm having a bit of trouble with it, mainly in what files need actions taken and what goes where. If Ekmet or another person who has more of an understanding with it could shed some light on it that'd be awesome

20. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

The xmls I used made the pantheon behave like it was a DLC. IIRC all I did was add it as a wonder and included the graphics fxsml in the wonders file like the others.