1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MoreStuffMod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Daryl95, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

I don't really want to start anything, but you implied that Spain and Portugal are unimportant by saying he should get rid of unimportant civs and then placing Spain/Portugal as the first listing. And then you suggested he add in Argentina, which in my opinion has had much less impact than either of those two. So i don't see where I twisted your words.

2. Reme

Reme Chieftain

Misunderstanding, I just want to get rid of one of them because the map does not allow the correct starting place. Europe is way too cramp so I suggested that we place some civs where they could be needed.

3. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

I'm getting a file named X6 rather than the MoreStuffMod file...

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

5. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

Still getting that odd file.

6. kyuri

kyuri Chieftain

v.4 modstuff:
    It's something with Cvcoregamedll.dll file because when i play rounds 110-140 the game crashed and i have info about problem witch this file. I check any thing with map, civil or leaderhead and i don't know why it happen? :(
    I played Tokugawa, Perykles, Montezuma in custom game single player.
    Please check this daryl if you can

7. Reme

Reme Chieftain

8. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

It's great that Obama's Rascist trait has been replaced by Charismatic, but why does his other trait "liberal" decrease happiness and health and give a 100% boost to GGs? Makes little, if no sense. And what's up with the tech "Global Warming Truth"? The tech has really no point, except a happy/health bonus, which of course is just nonsense.

9. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

You're right the army won't help a liberal gain power. So really the great general shouldn't have a boost. Health is decreased because liberals like to mess with things when government should step out and eventually they mess with the health care system. In Canada some guy had cancer and the doctor said you will die a few weeks unless treated. come back in six months and we'll treat it. he had to come to America to get help. Thomas Jefferson also said," Any govrnment big enough to give you anything you want is strong enough to take everthing you have." Liberals like to make government that big. It gives them power. Watch Fox 19 and they'll tell you both sides. One day Obama says that there is no pork (something that gives something to a special interest group usually put there by a lobbyist who won't vote unless it's there) in this bill. Fox shows you all the pork. That is why the liberal trait decreases happiness.

As for the Global Warming Truth it just basically reveals the truth about Global Warming. Did you listen to all the quotes from some of the scientists?

In case you were wondering why I put a good and bad trait together, I don't see charismatic as good or bad. I see it as neutral. Hitler could could have been charismatic and he was at first but it got out of hand. Charismatic just means you are a leader that peolpe respect. The good charisma is when you have earned respect. The bad charisma is when you're just a good orator, or someone who makes good speeches.
    I hope I didn't stray too far from the topic explaining all this or this thread won't be here for long. But that's my reasoning of the traits I gave Obama. I won't comment further for fear of losing a second thread to debating Obama.

10. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

You live in/near Cincinnati I'm assuming?
    There is no "Fox 19" here. Only the entertainment focused "Fox 11" and the absolutely full of bullsh*t Fox News.
    I'm assuming you are also a conservative. sigh.
    Oh well, i can change it myself, probably to financial.
    Spoiler :
    i'm a 16 year-old left wing who grew up under Bush and saw the country ruined. I'm generally very anti-conservative, except on certain issues.(-6.5 by.36 on the political compass)
    Spoiler :
    Don't even get me started on the widespread corruption on both sides of the aisle(s) I know both Dems and Reps have totally messed up this country, but i completely stand behind Obama, 100%.
    Spoiler :
    Enough politics. Anyone want to debate, PM me.

11. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

You don't have to get rid of the Dutch or the Native Americans. The idea of the 48 civ DLL was that you have all the civs of Civilization IV. But thanks for the help. :goodjob: I'm sure this will fix the messed up starting locations in many civs. I plan to create a Earth map with the larger worldsizes I just added. That will give the Europeans plenty of space to expand.

12. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

Which link are you following? I just tried every link I didn't get X6 but two downloads are missing from Filefront. They put random downloads on the page they took me to.

13. SaberSix

SaberSix Chieftain

The Spanish are one of my favorite civs to play. I like the traits and the starting techs.

14. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Two things: I don't know if you noticed but filefront is going (went?) belly-up, so you have to find a new place.

Also the new civs don't have uus ubs or traits, which sort of defeats the purpose of new civs.

15. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

I got it to download by turning off the download manager I was using.

16. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

I haven't done any research into those civs yet but I plan too. I don't think it completely defeats the whole purpose though because it is a new opponent to fight in the game to make it more challenging. Plus if your from a country that isn't in civ4 then you want someone to add it. I realized that Filefront was going on Saturday when it said on Sunday it was going I don't know if this is temporary or not.

17. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

I don't think anything was wrong. I downloaded something and it said X6 in one area which is weird but it said the name of what ever I was downloading in the window that was open instead of that blue bar what you call it.

18. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

19. Daryl95

Daryl95 Templar

Wait a minute. I knew it was supposed to go a week ago but it still works just fine. I just tested it.

20. Reme

Reme Chieftain

Ok, I've looked at your mod again, I like your mod I think it can go somewhere.
    .Some techs can use some pictures
    .John McCain needs a picture
    .More scenarios
    .Austrian Empire maybe?
    . Fix the 2 XML errors when loaded up please. XD

All the rest I had posted a wile back on this thread.

Thank you for your hard work!

Would I be allowed to try to make a world map scenario and Maybe If I can find a United states/North American map a McCain vs. Obama Scenario were all the states they won are under there control and they are at war? XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.