1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Mormons are no exception.

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by liosalpha, Jun 16, 2017.

1. liosalpha

liosalpha Chieftain

Religion is very liberal in c2c when it come to consumptions
    Hindu can enjoy their angus beef hamburgers. Islamic nations do love their bacon from time to time. Even druids like to play lumber jack!
    Only exception in this is when you build Mormon religious buildings (regardless of running it as a state religion), it will disable 3 luxurious resources for every one in that city..

Personally I found that wacky so I fixed it. No longer will tabaco, tea and coffee be banned from your cities.

Just put it into the Mormon folder, overwriting the current file.
    c2c\Assets\Modules\Custom_Religions\Mormon

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. Logoncal

Logoncal Chieftain

Did you even checked the broble to see if it's okay to do that?

3. liosalpha

liosalpha Chieftain

I tried reading the literature but it was kind of problematic....

4. tmv

tmv Chieftain

I don't want to nitpick, but this typo is a bit of a problem.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Most mods ban Cattle if you have Hindi in the city, so even if 1% of the people are Hindu no one can have cattle but they don't also change the yield from the cattle resource so people do get to eat cattle. Very strange.

The Mormon religion was set up in consultation with a Mormon interested in us getting it right. The one in game is the first cut. There is one in the My_Mods (Unloaded) folder which is a work in progress. Unfortunately he has disappeared and it is not finished. It takes a different approach and rather than banning goods it improves the returns from others.

The problem is still that it only takes the religion to exist in the city for this to take affect. Both the banning and positives could be done based on State Religion using auto build buildings but no one has done the work.

6. liosalpha

liosalpha Chieftain

@tmv that was a typo, fixed it.

@Dancing Hoskuld. I know most mods do so but C2C (on default) does not except for Mormons. so for now this is more of a personal fix.
    the food from the tile could be from cow dung thou... used on other fields XD

The concept of religion is kind of hard to grasp in to a game. I am not much of a mod maker(these removal of 3 lines was not hard, still took me 2 hours or so)

I would love to see a fluent religion system, where it grows from one in to another and breaks apart and forms again. Also more then one religion should be a thing.
    But for such a thing to be flavour full might be too hard. (like how civ 5 did growing religion.)

7. Logoncal

Logoncal Chieftain

That was a JonTron joke, but it seems that you didn't get it.
    Sorry for that.

8. Mind Flower

Mind Flower Chieftain

India uses all parts of the living cow Mcdonalds uses all parts of the dead ones. Cows are more useful living than dead but you dont know that because you dont know india tech just Micky D tech