Morocco

A 4 moves unit with ignore terrain promotion is blah? It definitely is better than any other Cavalry UU.

I'm not arguing that Shoshone should be able to build encampments on Jungle/Forest/Marsh tiles. I'm wondering why Kasbahs can while encampments cannot.
Kasbah is a fort, you can build forts on any terrain. Makes perfect sense to me at least.

Right now I almost feel like the strength of Morroco lies in their unique improvement. Their UU is a bit blah and their UA is also a bit blah, especially with the recent tourism changes. They are one of the only civs that benefits other civs right now.

Perhaps the great merchant idea that you had in the prior posts can be implemented? Cities that have a international trade route have earn great merchants x% faster. Maybe it can stack? It fits the "gateway to Africa" theme.
I thought they were pretty fine before the last patch, haven't tried this one yet but while I agree that the Kasbah was pretty damn insane, it was strong for a reason, that reason being that the rest of their kit aren't really fantastic.

A 4 moves unit with ignore terrain promotion is blah? It definitely is better than any other Cavalry UU.
Haven't actually gotten a chance to try it out, but the other cavalry replacements are crazy powerful, so I would object to 'definitely'.

Kasbah is a fort, you can build forts on any terrain. Makes perfect sense to me at least.

I thought they were pretty fine before the last patch, haven't tried this one yet but while I agree that the Kasbah was pretty damn insane, it was strong for a reason, that reason being that the rest of their kit aren't really fantastic.

Haven't actually gotten a chance to try it out, but the other cavalry replacements are crazy powerful, so I would object to 'definitely'.

I don't think you can build forts on forest/jungles (idk about marshes). You need to clear them first.

Being able to build Kasbahs on forest/jungle tiles is very good when you consider the bonuses from the herbalist, universities and workshops (along with one with nature).

other cavalry replacements are crazy powerful, so I would object to 'definitely'.
Cossacks' only gimmick is the bonus damage, Hussars - flank attack. I wouldn't call them crazy powerful.

Cossacks' only gimmick is the bonus damage, Hussars - flank attack. I wouldn't call them crazy powerful.

Thought they started out with Charge and stuff like that, been so long since I actually played either of those civs, early-game gets so boring.

Does the Kasbah connect strategic resources and luxuries?

Also, I think the defensive bonus is kind of a mised blessing. Unlike a fort (which I never ever build, btw) you have quite a few of them, so it is difficult to stop an attacker from occupying them. How about adding the continuous damage from citadel to it also? Would make more sense than at the Shoshone UI anyway.

Does the Kasbah connect strategic resources and luxuries?
Yes

Also, I think the defensive bonus is kind of a mised blessing. Unlike a fort (which I never ever build, btw) you have quite a few of them, so it is difficult to stop an attacker from occupying them. How about adding the continuous damage from citadel to it also? Would make more sense than at the Shoshone UI anyway.
I don't think enemies can actually use your forts, not one hundred percent sure of it however.

I'm pretty sure I was taking damage from them last time I fought against them. Not sure enough to declare it as fact....

Vanilla forts don't, but Kasbah and Shoshone camps do though. So yeah, since this is Morocco we're talking about.

I've tried Morroco twice after seeing how people disliked them. I've done really well both games, but I think the uniques are pretty bad. The one thing about them I really like is desert start bias. Spirit of the desert is ridiculous; I beat Ethiopia to religion on immortal despite being attacked on turn 34! The bad luxuries don't appear on desert, you almost always get mines, marble and stone are both common, you are almost guaranteed a river, and flooplains make great farming tiles.

I don't care for the Kasbah, its tough to use. It itself isn't bad but it just doesn't work well with the rest of Morocco. For instance desert rivers really want cathedral farms, Kasbah break your adjacency. The timing is awkward as well

The UA is not bad but its slow and rather unreliable. One basic buff could be to let morocco count itself as a different civ, so you would get the bonus on the first internal route you run.

The UU is late but otherwise pretty good.

I still don't think the 1food nerf on the Kasbah was deserved, other than that I think Morocco is fine, their unique unit is really good

So Morocco's UA benefits from other players trading with them. I'm getting 48 Culture per turn from this. Picked up the Petra and have 3 from Techs. Just got to Medieval. France and Celts have TRs with me. So that's 6 TRs worth of UA (4) and at 2 for Era. [6* 4 *2 =48]

So Morocco's UA benefits from other players trading with them. I'm getting 48 Culture per turn from this. Picked up the Petra and have 3 from Techs. Just got to Medieval. France and Celts have TRs with me. So that's 6 TRs worth of UA (4) and at 2 for Era. [6* 4 *2 =48]
That's part of why Morocco's UA encourages other civs to trade with them +2 gold is a small but tempting incentive.

If I was to give Morocco any form of adjustment it'd be a free caravan at trade, to start off their UA. That said I think player controlled Morocco is good. Now if only the AI could avoid being steamrolled...

Based on my experience Morocco is very good. However i tried it only once. Thing is that Morocco is about Diplomatic Victory. You have to trade with City States in order to maximize your bonus

Based on my experience Morocco is very good. However i tried it only once. Thing is that Morocco is about Diplomatic Victory. You have to trade with City States in order to maximize your bonus
Agreed, Statecraft Morocco is terrifying. On the AI side of things I have to say they rarely survive into the Medieval era though.

The thing is even with statecraft, routes to CS become rather weak by mid-late game. Even if you don't have much tourism, the bonuses that get added to trade routes with other civs are significant. The food alone can become larger than an internal route. Diplomatic victory generally has quite a few weaknesses, so I've never cared for civs with a heavy orientation towards that strategy.

Poor man Netherlands anyone? I'm okay playing Morocco when I want to feel like playing a vanilla/no bonus civ but as it is, this is the only leftover civ that makes me restart a random leader game. Desert start is far from guaranteed, you play without anything special until your first trade route or medieval.

Then compare 4 :c5gold:,:c5culture: and :c5goldenage: (scaling) per trade route vs 3 :c5gold: and :c5culture: (scaling) per single unique luxury trade agreement...yields are similar but NED UA triggers earlier and is not hard capped by your tech and # of trade routes. Add :c5science: to UA maybe?

Top Bottom