Moses was born in.. 1960?

Nilmerf

Warlord
One thing that's better about vanilla over Warlords is that all of the great people were born in chronological order. I hate how in Warlords, Albert Einstein can be born before Socrates and such. My question is, how do you edit this back to the original way.. and would it work for the great generals too? Like Charlemagne would come before Patton.

I hope it's just a simple XML edit.

Nilmerf said:
One thing that's better about vanilla over Warlords is that all of the great people were born in chronological order. I hate how in Warlords, Albert Einstein can be born before Socrates and such. My question is, how do you edit this back to the original way.. and would it work for the great generals too? Like Charlemagne would come before Patton.

I hope it's just a simple XML edit.

I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE...

It just makes more sense... I wish they didnt change this.

I think it's how they "fixed" the 'miss every sixth person' bug (at Noble level: the figure varies with level). But now I often see, in the later game, that nameless Great Scientists have emerged, which never happened to me before Warlords. Is this due to an incorrect selection process, a change to the list of names, or simply that there have been more Great Scientists than the list contains ? And I wish it said that " . . . Great Person has emerged in . . . rather than "born"; with one possible exception, there has never been anybody who was great at birth.
However, apart from humorous anachronisms and Jeanne d'Arc's beard, what do the names matter ? Great Persons are soon consumed, and their names forgotten - unless they are Great Generals who become Warlords, of course.

Bushface said:
However, apart from humorous anachronisms and Jeanne d'Arc's beard, what do the names matter ? Great Persons are soon consumed, and their names forgotten - unless they are Great Generals who become Warlords, of course.
It's just another cool part of Civilization, to see yourself progress through history with all of the great people of the past popping up in different places.

If anyone has a "fix" for this, I would be much obliged.

But one does get some funnies. In my present game (with a lot, a real lot, of cheating) a hut popped Music and I got Duke Ellington - in 2600BC.

Haha Well Moses being Born in 1960 is very funny but the one thing I do not like is that I get Nameless Scientists
But it just shows how urgently they need to patch this game

Top Bottom