Most agressive civs/leaders?

ladsud

Chieftain
Ive played about 10 games so far and they all have been thousands of years of peace and happiness, other than myself. I want to make custom games where the AI will be aggressive towards each other. I need a good world war from time to time.

Other than Monty and Shaka who likes to mix it up?

Masu or whatever his name is probably the biggest warmonger, same goes with Alexander.

Just about any aggeressive trait leader.

Hammurabi has aggressive trait but I don't feel that he is really very aggressive.

Monty, Ragnar, Shaka, J. Ceasar, Napolean and Genghis Khan. Start a standard sized game with those 6 opponents on a Pangea map.

You won't be disappointed.

Julius Ceasar I don't find aggressive. Just cause he has Praets doesn't mean he's agressive. ;)

Why not use Monty, Ragnar, Shaka, Genghis Khan and Tokugawa on a Standard Pangaea Map with Aggressive AI on.

Ok then, JC doesn't cut it?(whacked me plenty of times). Tired of Shaka and Monty? Substitute Alex, Brennus and Boudica.

Wanna add some religious strife. Izzy and Burger King, eh, Maybe Justinian.

Sitting Bull can go totally postal too, once you really piss him off.

I'm suprized that none but mattew and I have notioned monty...:confused:\\

I think it would go in this order, (vary's greatly from game to game.)

Monty

Shaka

Ragnar

Isabela (religios wars...)

Ghengis khan

Top five deadliest in my book.

The thing with aggressive AI, the enemy will declare war on you if given the advantage... that's about it.

Ok then, JC doesn't cut it?(whacked me plenty of times). Tired of Shaka and Monty? Substitute Alex, Brennus and Boudica.

Wanna add some religious strife. Izzy and Burger King, eh, Maybe Justinian.

Sitting Bull can go totally postal too, once you really piss him off.

Brennus and Boudica do not declare at pleased. Toku and JC are much more legit threats in most games.

If you're going to mention brennus/boudica, then it's time to mention mehmed, who is tied with shaka, ragnar, napoleon with a unitprob of 40 ---> the highest non-barb value in the game.

Shaka is #1 threat in my book followed by

Mehmed
Isabella
Ragnar
Alex
Toku
Cathy
The Burger King

With that group it isn't a matter of if you will be fighting it is more a matter of when, who and how long (also how many will dogpile you if you aren't good at diplo!)

By the way Monty doesn't make the cut, because although psychotic, he is a moron that cannot tech. If you hold him off through the middle ages, he seems to peter out on teching at about gunpowder.

Mehmed
Isabella
Ragnar
Alex
Toku
Cathy
The Burger King

Mehmed and Charlie do not declare at pleased.

Ragnar has a favorite civic giving you the option to get him to friendly unless you spawn right next to him. Cathy is similar but her demands can be troublesome on occasion. Izzy is one of the easiest AIs to manipulate in the game. If you're in her religion, you're set basically.

Alex, toku, and monty are all similar. None of them tech especially well so no reason to leave montezuma out. A little surprising here, that there is no mention of G. Khan. He has the same unit prob as monty, alex, and toku, and is just as likely to declare. Like monty, he has a late favorite civic but unlike monty, he doesn't care strongly for religion, making him one of the more dangerous early AIs in the game.

I agree on Shaka. A super high unitprob, high aggression, he expands well, and he spams his UB which does slightly improve his tech rate compared to his peers. Not a favored sight in a game, no matter when you see him.

Shaka is #1 threat in my book followed by
By the way Monty doesn't make the cut, because although psychotic, he is a moron that cannot tech. If you hold him off through the middle ages, he seems to peter out on teching at about gunpowder.

...until he totally zergs you with tons of trebs, macemen and longbows. Only tends to happen if he's got a lot of land but it can happen

My list:

Shaka - fantastic tactician, clever techer, incredibly aggressive and aggrandising. Shaka is hard to please, and unlike the other AI is self-aware. He knows your game. He KNOWS from the start you're going to be the biggest threat. He will go for you at some point.

Monty - because you're almost guaranteed for a horsehockystorm to happen. In any game. This man is the living ebodiment of the RNG equipped with a MG42. Lacks diplomacy and is a massive sulking warmonger. Perfect choice for a warring game.

Alex - nasty little backstabber and an opportunist. While you're dealing with the big guys, expect him to slip a knife in your back

Genghis Khan - actually, the guy is surprisingly dignified and straightforward, especially if you give him tribute. If you're close to him however he will bully you and kick your head about the map. He's a fairly good tactician as well and I've noticed that he gets pissed off fairly quickly in games, meaning you can be in trouble. Techs badly though.

Ragnar - actually I have no idea how threatening ragnar is. Usually he's a bit slower to rouse then the other AIs. I guess it may've been because I didn't have him as a neighbour but I digress, he's a threat nonetheless, with the financial trait.

The thing is beyond the PURE warmongers you have the imperalists, guys who are quite aggressive but are also landgrabbing monsters, making them heavy on unit production, teching speed and population. The thing is about the warmongers is that at some point in one of your games there is a very small but real chance that one of them will eventually gain supremacy, but with an imperalist they will almost certainly be massive. This is usually in the form of guys like Julius Ceaser or Mehmed (who would be most threatening) but the more peaceful AIs like Zara are capable of massively scaled empires as well. These guys will be the hard-hitters in the game, will most likely be fueling the moronic warmongers their techs and may or may not gear up for a massive endgame war once you get close to them.

Zara is not peaceful. Inherently he gets +2 with humans compared to other AIs, but he also favors theocracy, has a unitprob of 30 (leaving him only behind the warmongers in terms of troop spam), AND he declares at pleased.

Gilgamesh and Sury are also bad. Gilgamesh gets a special place next to shaka for "worst sight at turn 9". You do NOT want to spawn next to this creative, semi-culture whoring PRO civ who expands well and has no qualms declaring at pleased. Oh by the way, he has an axe UU too, and it isn't as gimped vs other axes as people thing. In defensive terrain (you know, like cities) it's actually better typically. Gilga also has a unitprob of 30 and is probably my 2nd most hated AI behind shaka.

The most aggressive players in my eyes: :)
1. Montezuma - Declares war always despite of religion. Builds many off-troops, is annoyed when relations is 1+ or 0.
2. Ragnar - Builds much troops. Is often a small player, but has many troops, and declares war as mad. Often only not on the AIs, but the human.
3. Shaka - Declares war despite of the size. Once I has rifles, and 2500 points. One of my neighbours were Shaka, and he had 600 points, and he came with about 15 axes, swords or impis, and declared war.
4. Alexander - Is often pleased or friendly, but declares war despite of relations. He always build many troops.
5. Napoleon - He's often the biggest player or one of three biggest players (I always play with 11 AIs on huge map). He always build bunches of troops, and it's difficult to win a war against him. He often starts the wars early.
6. Genghis Khan - I've not played so many games with him, but he is a crazy warmonger. Sometimes he lives peacefully, but often he declares war on players that is much, much bigger, and loses the war.
7. Julius Caesar - He's not always a warmonger, but sometimes he has participated in many wars. He is often superior in the start, and declares war on players far away.
8. Stalin - He usually don't declare war on everyone, but he's very often a big player that has many vassals, and starts world wars. He has also declared war on players on other continents.
9. Hannibal - I've never seen him under the middle of the power rate. He's often one of the most powerful civs. I remember one time that he was crazier that Monty or Ragnar.
10. Pacal II - He's always annoyed or furious and looks . .. .. .. .ed up. I've rarely seen him playing peacely.

Gilgamesh and Sury are also bad. Gilgamesh gets a special place next to shaka for "worst sight at turn 9". You do NOT want to spawn next to this creative, semi-culture whoring PRO civ who expands well and has no qualms declaring at pleased. Oh by the way, he has an axe UU too, and it isn't as gimped vs other axes as people thing. In defensive terrain (you know, like cities) it's actually better typically. Gilga also has a unitprob of 30 and is probably my 2nd most hated AI behind shaka.

Sury is bad news for any game. Usually he's there to sour relations with everyone. I can't think of one game where sury hated me for some bizzare reason and sucked up to everyone else.

Gilgy's never caused me trouble I admit, but as you say, I've haven't spawned next to the guy that much. I can only think of one time and that was I was GK on a tectonics map. I notice he techs very well early on but he slows down towards the end.

10. Pacal II - He's always annoyed or furious and looks . .. .. .. .ed up. I've rarely seen him playing peacely.

You're kidding? Pacal's usually the little . .. .. .. .. . in my games. Either he's vassalised to me or to someone else. And he rarely declares.

If you wanted to have a game with a lot of war, I'd definitely chuck in Catherine, as a spark for the fuse. You can induce a war a lot easier with her in the game.

well in my most recent game, all seven religions were founded in a different country, and i was playing 18 civ, so it was pretty much epic fighting 24/7. And it was event like thousand year wars where nothing happened, the AI was kicking some ass! The ethiopians were destroying the zulu, the khmer were destroying the japs, and i got myself two vassals through war then fought the khmer who had three. All in all, everyone was forced to fight in at least one epic war, not to mention quite few lamer wars.

Looking inside the files with the characteristics of the different leaders is unfair...at least for us poor little boys who could only rely on experience to know if one of them is aggressive or not.
It is maybe true that, say for instance, Shaka, has the highest probability to DOW, or that Catherine declares at "pleased", according to what their file says. But any game is differente, so, if Shaka DOW but it has a very little empire, well, it is like a mosquito bite. I think the point is how dangerous an AI could be. And in this case, Cyrus is a threat, Zara is a threat, BIsmarck is a threat. Good organization, intercontinental well planned invasions, formidable UUs.
If you are playing with JC as neighbour, or Shaka, or Montezuma, you know that sooner or later the storm will come. And you get prepared. But, well, seing a fleet of galleons filled with Oromo aproaching is not very nice, especially if you are planning your own land war against someone else.
Moreover, Isikien is right, we cannot forget the imperialists, with their cities spamming everywhere. A huge empire is often a guarantee of mighty armies, even if the leader trait is not agg. You can have a well trained/promoted units army, but of your ratio against the enemy's poor trained is 1:15, well, probably you are on the loser side.
Well, I wrote too much. Anyway, what all of us can agree is who is the LESS agg: Gandhi!

If you wanted to have a game with a lot of war, I'd definitely chuck in Catherine, as a spark for the fuse. You can induce a war a lot easier with her in the game.

Played a game last night with Ragnar, Shaka, Catherine, Monty, Napoleon. There were lots of wars, the only problem was is they were all against me. Catherine was the biggest bully.

Top Bottom