Most Annoying Gaming Moments

Lord Draegon

Awoken
I am currently playin Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance on the PS2 with one of my friends. Its a fun simple yet complex hack and slash. We beat the game and it was so anticlimactic, because the final boss was a pushover, and the ending was a cliffhanger. Who puts a cliffhanger ending in a game WHO??!. But getting past that we unlocked Gauntlet mode which allows you to play as Drizzt Do' Urden going through a dungeon. It was incredibly hard and took so many tries tio beat. I was almost to the end and was fighting the mini-boss, and i had pretty much full health and he attacks me once and i die. well we finnaly beat that and unlocked extreme mode, which is unbeleivably difficult. You have to import charecters from a previos game, but you lose all your expensive powerful shiny stuff. You have to find new equipment which isnt that hard but although it is good it is inadequete. We are fighting the second boss and it is impossible. Its a sphere that floats and spawns undead, you have to hit it while its floating low and in the pocess of summoning, but once they appear it floats away out of reach and after you kill them it floats back down and repets the process. The zombies and skeletons we face completly destroy us. we can handle 3 sometimes 4 of them, but more and one of us dies, making it even more impossible for the other person. and the weapons we have arent very good. our somewhat good weapons do very little damage to undead and so their worthless, so we use disruption weapons which on a critcal hit instantly destroy undead, but my weapon does 9 damage(19 with strength and skill modifiers) and my freinds 9-13. They have about 500-600 hp and they take awy on average a fourth of our health. we have to run around the room hoping to draw only a couple of them and to pick up stuff. The summoned zombies and skeletos give us no exp, and the regular ones outside of the boss battle give us very very little. my friends charecter is an archer, but his bow sucks, and the store doesnt sell any good ones. our record so far is getting it down to 3/5 of its health. And this boss battle was very easy in regular mode. The game is fun but extreme mode is too extreme.

anyone else have stories of game annoyences?

yep and whats most annoying is when people are doing other things like downloading something while playing, causing it to lag when it wouldnt regularly. Its especcialy annoying when you lose just because of lag.

@Lord Draegon's 1st post: Well in Dark Alliance Extreme mode you can't buy any shortbows (which is stupid how there's no longbow) so if you don't find one outside the shops you are screwed. But at least with all the zombies you get lots of items (or potential for lots of items).

@rbis4rbb and LordDraegon's 2nd post: yes I hate lag as well. I would play some RTSs online and it's annoying how disappointing it is. If one person lags for a second, the whole game lags. Why not just for that player!!! If he/she has dial-up make him or her suffer the consequences, not everyone else who has DSL or better. It's probably different in other games, but the ones I've played are all complicated to get into a game and the lag is unbearable unless you do LAN.

I enjoyed playing Star Trek: Elite Force online, back before EF2 was released and took away so many of the active players, and one thing that was really annoying was people who killed their own teammates. Friendly fire was disabled on most servers, but there were several ways people could still kill their own teammates on purpose. The first was explosives. They're called detpacks in EF, and can be found on some maps.When playing Specialties, though, the Demolitionists always get an explosive to use. It's very handy for suicide runs, but Demos would set them off in their own territory just to kill their teamembers. Another annoyance is medics. Their hyposprays can help or hurt, depending on which mode the "weapon" is fired in. Medics can easily kill their own team members. One or two times, it's an accident, a misclick. Seventy-two times and it's fairly obvious. :lol:

A more subtle way is to "accidently" blow your teammates off the map. Since EF is a Star Trek game, a lot of the maps are bases in space. It's easy on some maps to be "blown" off the map into space when you're hit by the blast wave from an explosive or by a photon torpedo (EF's equivilant of a rocket launcher). Some players just fire at the ground, and the blast wave pushes players to their doom. Very annoying. The most annoying thing was that I almost always played as a Demolitionist (I have dial-up and grenades, mines, and explosives are pretty hard to miss with,), so all the Demos would get yelled at when some idiot keeps blowing up our own flag-carriers (I only play Capture the Flag).

I hate lag in online RPG's. Undeserved loss of life.

Like many, I occasionally get out the ol' deck of cards to play a good game of solitaire. So I start off and everything is going well, and then some jerk cheats! He might resuffle in the middle of the game or make an illegal move! Here I am trying to enjoy this game and this dude is cheating! What am I supposed to do? Stupid cheaters, they ruin the fun for everyone.

I stopped playing online FPS when I discovered how innacurate the whole thing is. It's more about having your connection set up properly and how to shoot in a way to compensate for the lag...how pointless.

Haxors
Grifters
Bug explotiors
Little imature kiddies

People who run in front of you and get a mp5 round in the back of the head. Then I get autokicked for TKing. And it happens when Iam on a roll of Pwning

Nubies who in true "LEROY JENKINS" fashion get the entire group killed. Then leave me stranded alone hidding in a corner. Luckly I fough my way out, though half a dozen mobs

People Begging for money, heals then swearing and being rude when you ignor them. Then you icewall them for 2mins only to have them follow you around KSing until you Cloak and watch them die. Or mob train on them. (which is actually quite fun)

Ah yes noobs. I hate it when you are one of the greatest players of a game and you get teamed with a noob. you lose and its not even your fault.

Perfection said:
Like many, I occasionally get out the ol' deck of cards to play a good game of solitaire. So I start off and everything is going well, and then some jerk cheats! He might resuffle in the middle of the game or make an illegal move! Here I am trying to enjoy this game and this dude is cheating! What am I supposed to do? Stupid cheaters, they ruin the fun for everyone.

I might not be as perfect as you, but isn't solitaire a one player game?

Thrawn said:
Damn people who always hog planes/choppers in battlefield but are never any good at flying. :mad:
Ditto, especialy if the bot are the ones hogging them :p.

Campers. In Pandora Tomarrow and Chaos Theory, when we are playing tag (three guys are spies, one is merc, whoever is killed first in the next merc) and the (mostly newbie) spies just shock you from high up the entire game since they're scared of being 'it'.

Japanrocks12 said:
I might not be as perfect as you, but isn't solitaire a one player game?
I thought Solitare is and has always hass been a single player game.

Perfection said:
Yeah, so?

If solitaire is a one player game, and one which consumes your entire attention, then it is merely by luck that you happen on another stupid mortal who is playing solitaire right next to you and you notice him.

Or wait...

I hate it when the GM never updates an RPG thread. Boy, does that tick me off.

I was playing Shadow Warrior, and...
Spoiler :
the ending was annoying. Zilla escaped! Master Leep must be ashamed.

I really really hate hard campaign games. It's one thing restarting 1 or 2 times to get a "feel" for the mission, it's quite another to restart 8-9-or 10 times because you didn't use the "correct" [ie only] method of beating it.

One of the worst offenders of this was Empire Earth. I poured countless hours into the campaigns only to get snubbed with lousy in-game cutscenes and jumbled, incoherent missions that were misleading and/or unrewarding + simply harder than hell.

In fact, it was such a problem that enough people complained and a patch was released that contained in-game difficulty settings, but by then it was too late and I was playing other games.

Top Bottom