Most awesome hobbies

Fugitive Sisyphus

Escape Artist
What do you think are the most bad-*** hobby that is attainable for the average Joe-CFCer? Maybe spelunking, mountain climbing, sky diving, scuba diving, snow boarding, surfing, motorcycling, a sport, ...

Some thoughts... Most of these are geography dependent. Sky diving has a bad-*** reputation but you usually see some person strapped to the guy with the parachute. This doesn't seem very manly to me. To me it seems scuba diving has the most awesomeness per unit of time/money/effort/difficulty. OTOH I'm from Florida.

What do you think?

Extreme internet-ing.

If you take skydiving up as a hobby then you wont have someone strapped to you for very long. As soon as you learn how to do it properly you can do it by yourself.

I find it interesting how geographically dependent the bad-arse-ness of hobbies are. I find:
1.Sailing
2. Mountaineering and backpacking
3. Shooting

to be bad ass and fun, so I try to make them my hobbies. Although I'm too poor for two of them. I find all things outdoorsy to be bad-ass: Hiking, climbing, canoeing, kayaking, trekking etc.

Snowboarding, however, is dull and far too popular. A bad-arse hobby has to be something that is unexpected. Back-country snowboarding perhaps.

Well personally I like to: (I live in a Ski resort may affect some)

Skiing/Snowboarding
Bike Riding
Baseball
Swimming

Does Longsword fighting count as being awsome?

Cooking. I'm dead serious. You get to play with fire and girls love a guy who can cook.

Top Bottom