1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Most beakers you've ever had?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Fish Man, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Fish Man

Fish Man Emperor

I recently broke the 10k mark with a marathon corps space colony game, with an 845AD win. But IIRC I've seen @WastinTime get over 20k to 1-turn fusion. What's the highest amount of bpt you guys have ever achieved?

Attached Files:

2. tramwajg

tramwajg Chieftain

I dont remember having 1 turn fusion, its nice achievement :) my best was 2 turns, with about 400k research this time, marathon speed. Great game btw, enemies research engineering and banking when you already finished whole tech tree :D
    buldoger.jpg

3. Fish Man

Fish Man Emperor

Holy cow, what mod/settings? And why are some of your cities floating in the void ...

4. tramwajg

tramwajg Chieftain

sorry, I now realised your screen is from different version than mine :D using caveman2cosmos mod, but shouldnt compare these values with yours then :) cities in void are founded on cislunar space. Here is my another game on version similar to yours, look how much worse is my gameplay, only 2k research and enemies have cavalry/riflemen when I havent even finished tech tree. It was earth ice age game, I cant calculate which year would it be on BC 4000 start. Speed was epic if I remember correctly.
    classic.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  5. SnipedSoul

SnipedSoul Warlord

I have 140 cities in this marathon corps game with pretty much pure cottage spam. I hit just under 30k bpt, but don't have labs up yet. It's only monarch, so I could go even further before any AI will get close to winning, but it's tedious.

30k bpt.jpg

6. Fish Man

Fish Man Emperor

How come it's 1700AD and you haven't won yet with that much science? I wrapped up the Inca game around mid-800s AD with spaceship arrival...

7. Lennier

Lennier Emperor

Going for time victory?

8. Fish Man

Fish Man Emperor

If that's the case why not go around and start razing AI cities long ago?

9. SnipedSoul

SnipedSoul Warlord

I only had about 60 cities by the time I cleaned the AI off my continent. I spent a ton of time cramming as many cities as possible onto every possible spot and island. I had research at zero for ages so I could rush buy executives and get cities to be somewhat productive. I also play k-mod which has uncapped city maintenance from number of cities, so recovering from mass expansion takes longer than in an unmodded game.

I popped a great engineer just in time for mining inc and decided to see what would happen if I went full cottage spam/rushbuy economy. I ended up ignoring the rest of the AI for centuries because I was enjoying building everything in every city. Not efficient at all, but it was the first time I'd ever played a huge marathon corp game as state property reduces a lot of the tedium with 100+ cities. Due to the tedium, it's probably also the last huge marathon corp game that I'll ever play. :lol:

NickGabben likes this.