1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most competent BNW AI

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Hruberen, Jul 10, 2013.

?

Most Competent AI

1. Morocco

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Poland

18 vote(s)
    36.7%
  3. Shoshone

13 vote(s)
    26.5%
  4. Assyria

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. Portugal

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  6. Venice

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. Zulu

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Brazil

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  9. Indonesia

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Hruberen

Hruberen Chieftain

Which of the new leaders from BNW have had top score for your games?

My first game had Morocco on my continent and Poland on the other.

2. OmniPotent42

OmniPotent42 King

Poland was able to run away somehow, but then again I had random personalities on by accident and may not be his default way of playing.

3. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Definitely hiawatha in my current Brave new world, he's still an annoying runaway as ever :p He got 1.2k points to my 727 points atm. I just got out of a war which was made to prevent him fro settling cities on my lands so he can transfer like all his bombers there and bomb my cities. Knights vs WW1 infantry ftw. I look forward to wiping out hiawatha for once and all.

But if you want those brand new ais then i'ts portugal. But she's only at like 800 pts.

4. BluBlaze14

BluBlaze14 Chieftain

I've had two full games, but on King. Won the one, but in the other Poland had clearly run away with it.

5. Hruberen

Hruberen Chieftain

I have great concerns for Venice, who does not seem able to know its own Ability....

6. Bagi

Bagi Warlord

In my experience Shoshone and Poland are the strongest.

7. vcutag

vcutag Warlord

I almost got my ass handed to me by Poland's culture in a game I was playing as Arabia; I ended up having to violate a declaration of friendship and sneak attack them in order to take Warsaw (which had something like 70% of the world's wonders in it). Still gaming that one out, but now everyone hates me and I'm embargoed in the World Congress.

8. ajok

ajok Warlord

indonesia, took zulu's capital and morocco's capital.... second is assyria

9. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Shoshone always seem to be in first or second place so I suppose it would have to be them

10. NoPartials

NoPartials Chieftain

So far Poland and Shaka have been the most runaway of the new civs I have played. I am playing a game with Poland right now that and am having an incredibly difficult time

11. Lyoncet

Lyoncet Emperor

This actually makes me really hopeful about the World Congress and diplo in general. Thanks for the anecdote. :)

12. vcutag

vcutag Warlord

No problem. That embargo really hurts if you're Arabia and competing against several other religions; I got used to using trade routes to spread my religion across the pangaea continent I was on.

Another game I played last night as Brazil; I had a runaway culture victory during the Industrial era, so I kept playing afterward and established freedom as my ideology and used the World Congress to set it up as the world ideology. Polynesia joined me, but Japan and Korea went with Order. The effect from the world ideology was so harsh on Japan that they had a revolution and ended up switching to Freedom. Korea didn't get it quite as bad; Sejong's just had regular bouts of guerrillas pop up from time to time.

So far, I'm a huge fan of the way the World Congress works.

When I'm running it. ;)

13. Sharkweather

Sharkweather Chieftain

So far in my experiences Shoshone always rack up the points due to their expansive ability and Indonesia was a cultural powerhouse, holding out until last vs. my tourism. Poland and Zulu were the militaristic civs but they pissed off to many people and were reduced to one city each by the end of the game due to fighting 3-4 v 1 wars.