Most Embarassing Moment

Bondy0

Chieftain
What is you most embarassing moment?

Mine, I would have to say is when the English, across the ocean, send a death fleet of about 7 fully loaded ships onto my island, and beat the living carp outta me in about 1420 A.D. 'Twas a dark day for us all in Greece.

:ar15: :aargh:

Welcome to CFC!

I guess when a stupid overlooked Cavalry weaved across my defenses and took my captial from a fortified infantry. :mad:

Probably when I'd do research specifically to manipulate a neighbour withthe great library, and then utterly forget to trade the techs I'd research to get the benefits. Of course I see the AI doing embarassing things all the time- just earlier, it sent a boat with an an archer and a spearman that had been wounded to 1HP and unloaded them to attack a neighbour. Ahahaha.

In my last game, I had nearly finished with my expansion phase, except for one small peninsula that was almost all hills. All of the sudden, I saw 11 barb horsemen pop out of the fog on the peninsula and right next to one of my towns. The town had only a warrior defending it, so I pulled the spearman from a nearby town to reinforce him. Unfortunately, I forgot these were horsemen and the town I pulled the spearman from was only 2 tiles away from them. :mad:

The first barb horseman razed the barracks. The second killed off a citizen (2->1.) The third took 33 gold. The 4th took 31 gold. The 5th took 30 gold (I think you can see where this is going.) I ended up losing about half of my treasury from the attack. :blush:

One time I declared war on the Aztecs by accident, and didn't even realize until there were 20 jags on the border. Also, I threw up on Mao when he suggested a 3:1 trade for luxs.

I have a bad habit of leaving zero-defense units unprotected when pressing "enter." One time I lost 64 Radar Artillery to a regular Infantry. Another time...how many pre-replaceable parts slave workers does it take (in Monarchy) to clear a jungle and build railroad in one turn? I lost 2 x this number. There have been others but these are the ones that still give me nightmares.

Lost (via military conquest) to the Zulus because I thought I was alone on a continent and failed to build a strong military. Never noticed the one tile land bridge going over to zulu land.

Faught a very valiant defense and I believe I killed more Zulu units than I lost, however I did lose all my cities and he lost none. Shaka would not even listen to peace offers.

but omg its impossible you cant have a conscipt spearman what oh you're joking well that's too bad cos I have no sense of humour grrr!

I was England, tech leader, commerce leader, and average in military, when the Spanish decided to sneak attack me. Since I had a large border with Spain I decided to pull a lot of my homeland defenders and ship them to the front (I had a fully railed country so this was very easy), leaving a few of my cities undefended. “Hey these cities are deep in my territory, there’s no way they can reach me.”

Then my turn finishes and I watch in horror as a Spanish conquistador waltzes up 6 tiles and takes Warwick and my Smith’s Trading Company without a fight.

I was little annoyed to say the least.

How does a conquistedor move 6 squares?? Mine would be like Barleby, I think everyone has forgotten about arty, workers, settlers, out all by themselves.

I gave Theodora a ROP 10 turns after a war she had started with me by ROP Rap. And she does it again! :wallbash:

She was smiling so sweet and innocent when she asked for the ROP each time.

Now when she smiles like that I start building forts.

I was taken completely by surprise by a sneak attack because the civ had a similar color to a civ with which I had an ROP.

I also moved a unit into a very strong Babylon once by a mouse slip...didn't notice where it was going until it was right next to one of its cities. They declared war (they were WAY stronger than me) without even giving me the get your units out or declare war option.

For me I lost my whole transport fleet of 4 fully loaded Transports to 5 Frigates and a Ironclad. Lost like 32 units ;_;.

Man, my story is weak to your embarassing stories. I better wisen up and start taking defences more seriously.

' And you shall know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee' - Pulp Fiction :ar15:

:spear:

I was playing on the Standard world map as Egypt. I owned everything except for Australia, North America, and a fifth of South America. Russia owned North America and that fifth of SA. Greece owned Australia. The Greeks had been launching "suprise" raids on New Zealand ever since they could build galleys, and had conquered a Korean city before I could get to it- so I was a bit annoyed with them. I just needed one big city to get the population I needed for Domination, so I decided to take Corinth, on the northern coast. I declared, dropped 30 cavalry off, and hit enter.

Well, Australia being the small continent it is (in Civ3, anyway) and with everything being roaded, I got to see almost every offensive unit in Greece attack my stack. 60% of the stack was wiped out. I didn't have the troops to take Corinth, so we left. I wound up taking Russia's fifth of SA away on the last turn to get my 1% population.

Lesson learned: when attempting an amphibious invasion, always keep your transports nearby. :lol:

In my last game, I was going for a Republic slingshot.

My idiot Scout (yes, yes I know who gives him the orders :mischief: ) entered a tribe and ta-taa. We got Philosphy. :(

I looked at the bar and see that there is 1 and only 1 turn for us to learn Code of Laws... :cry:

I missed that 50 turns just by 1 turn... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Top Bottom