Most Famous Person (Nominations)

Tboy

Future world ruler
Greetings, fellow civvers;
As I walked home from school yesterday an idea struck me: who is the most famous person in the world?
As usual, I decided to ask my friends' views on this, and they couldn't decide on one answer (but Jesus and Hitler came up a lot).
So, post in your nominations: who do you think is the most famous person in the world?
I'll take nominations until Sunday at 16:00, then start a poll with the top 10.

P.S. TAKE NOTE! This is on the most famous person in the world, regardless of whether they were good or smart or anything else. It is only on their fame. They must also be:
1.Human.
2.Real (though James Bond counts, along with all religous leaders).

P.P.S. Gods do not count. No religion that I know of has Gods which are actually human (human incarnations, but not intrinsically human).

P.P.S. For the purposes of this poll, Jesus can be assumed to have definitely existed AND started Christianity (to avoid controversy later).

I'll start the nominations with my choices: Hitler and Jesus.

Current top 10 as of post 70 (ok, I had to extend it):
1.Jesus Christ (13)
2.Adolf Hitler (5)
3.Mohammed (3)
4.US president/George Bush (3)
5.Einstein (3)
6.Mao (2)
7.Queen elizabeth II (2)
8.Caesar (2)
9.Beckham (2)
10.Shakespeare (2)
11.Alexander the Great (2)
12.Plato (2)
13.Aristotle (2)
14.Euclid (2)
15.James Bond (2)
16.Perfection (2) (WHY?!)

definitely Jesus followed by whatever other principle saviors/prophets/etc there are in whatever other major religions people subscribe to these days.

Jesus or who ever is the president of the US at the time.

Jesus, or Julius Caeser if Jesus doesn't count

Jesus and Leonardo da Vinci.

Mohammed :mischief:

Jesus was the son of God, I'd say he had a little bit of help from his parent. Probably Newton or Einstein would be in my top 10. And Siddhartha Guatma.

Siddhartha Gautama, it is spelled. (Haha, I adviced an Englishman in English!)

sidhe said:
Jesus was the son of God, I'd say he had a little bit of help from his parent.

:rotfl:

Soon in my signature.

Edit: In my signature.

In the world? Adolf Hitler or Stalin probably. Or maybe Beatles as group of persons.

Thunderfall

The vast majority of the world is uneducated and poor. They wouldn't know of anyone outside their experience. Thus with the overwhelming number of Chinese poor Mao should probably be #2. It depends greatly, though, on the requisite credential? Do they have to be famous by name alone? Do their actions have to be known? Do they have to be recognizable?

Im sorry.
My heart goes out to you buddy. :(

Cmon he made music, could you put him in the same top 10 as Jesus and Buddha etc? That's just silly. Jesus is more popular and with the exception of the beatles, will likely remain more well known for the rest of time.

Top Bottom