1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Most feared/hated AI civ

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by kb27787, Sep 11, 2013.

?

Most hated AI opponent

1. Atilla

18 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. Shaka

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Genghis

9 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Monty

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  5. Nobunaga

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. Wu

8 vote(s)
    5.4%
  7. Asshur

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  8. Dido

9 vote(s)
    6.1%
  9. Alex

63 vote(s)
    42.9%
  10. Lizzy

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  11. Maria Theresa

8 vote(s)
    5.4%
  12. Ramkamhaeng

19 vote(s)
    12.9%
  13. Ramesis

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  14. Sejong

8 vote(s)
    5.4%
  15. Nebby

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  16. Askia

5 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Cathy

8 vote(s)
    5.4%
  18. Suleiman

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  19. Enrico Dandolo

9 vote(s)
    6.1%
  20. Hiawatha

32 vote(s)
    21.8%
  21. Napoleon

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  22. Gandhi

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  23. Harun

4 vote(s)
    2.7%
  24. Caesar

21 vote(s)
    14.3%
  25. Gustav

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

We all have one or two... (except for the super strong deity players) the civ that when you see them in your game you just feel like restarting... or you know it's going to be a long game. The civ that gives you the most trouble, whether it be coveting your land even though you have 2 cities and they have 10, hogging every single wonder in the game, being two whole eras ahead in tech, or having all the CS on the map as allies (or marrying/buying/killing them off)... or just being annoying in general with denouncements that cause the rest of the world to hate you and great general citadels, or being an avid nuke-lover.

What is that civ for you
    Edit: feel free to vote for up to your top five leaders!

2. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

How many should we vote? It's a multiple choice poll...

EDIT - Okay, so five. IIRC I voted Ramkhamhaeng (he typically hates me, and is very annoying, covets everything), Hiawatha (I think everyone knows why. Expands like a madman), Elizabeth (I still remember in G&K we were on the opposite parts of the Large map continent, and she brought her army incredibly far away to me to DoW! She also always hates you no matter what), Alex (you know why too) and Napoleon (this guy... this guy! Insufferable, although even in G&K he was rarely doing well. Now he's always doing very bad. Mostly voted for vanilla experiences)

3. Alloran

Alloran Chieftain

I voted Alex and Suleiman. Alex because... well, he's Alex. Everyone hates him. And Suleiman 'cause I know he's gonna backstab me. Always. Not like Monty, who is my crazy friend after I kill his dudes, and usually at the worst possible time.

4. Jampine

Jampine Warlord

I voted Alex and Shaka for the usual deal, but the civ I hate the most is Spain, and for some reason their leaders name escapes me right now :dunno:
    This is because of one game where I met Spain on turn 16, and they Insulted me on the next turn, denounced me 5 turns later, and the started killing all my city state friends. So I retruend the favor, and wipes them off the face of the planet, bwahahah. :devil:
    Weird thing is, they said my economy was poor, and I had about 4 gold mines at this point, and when I captured their 4 cites, they had only ONE tile improvement in ALL of them :p No idea where she got the money for her army from (pre BNW)

ISABELLA! just got it after I finished this post :p She's still not on the list though

5. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

I second a vote for Spain. When she decides she doesn't like you and gets powerful, life can get really miserable. I was once in a multi-thousand year war with Spain that ranged from the classical era to the information era. They raised 2 of my 4 cities in the first couple turns of the war, and then after that, I came very close to dying many times over the course of the war. If she spawns near me, life just gets miserable sometimes.

6. sjefferson23

sjefferson23 Chieftain

I hate: Venice- Seems to puppet any CS I want to maintain a positive relationship with.

I fear: The Iroquois- So many cities, so quickly.

7. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

I have random personalities, so could be anyone.

That said, Attila is guaranteed every time to be a dangerous foe. In fact, I`m beginning to think that random personalities has no effect on him!

8. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

Well, I voted for Ramkamhaeng, only because Darius is not an option. But seriously, having Ramkamhaeng anywhere near you is a nightmare, but probably better than him being on another continent, where he will buy up all the CS and become a runaway monster.

9. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

I don't hate civs for being good, quite the opposite in fact. I like the challenge, even when I'm not necessarily up to it.

What I do hate are the bad AI's that like to taunt you anyways. That would be Lizzy and Izzy; they can be reduced to one pathetic city by a nearby power (it could be or it could be any other freaking AI in the game) and still they spend turn time talking about how weak I am. It's annoying as hell.

Alex taunts about as much as either of them but I tolerate it because he can actually back it up.

10. eewallace

eewallace King

I voted for Wu not because she's feared, but because I hate her. She is always pretending to be friendly while extorting money from my city-state allies, sneaking huge armies to my borders, etc.

I much prefer Dido and Oda who don't try to pretend that they don't hate me.

11. BasedGod

BasedGod Chieftain

Alex because Alex, Ramesses the wonder stealer and Lizzy because she always seems goes out of her way to mess with me, basically screwing both myself and herself over and creating a runaway out of some other civ in the process

12. Byzantine Bomb

Byzantine Bomb Warlord

Alexander. Diplomatic and military threat. Giant gashole.
    At least he's honest and straight forward about wanting to kill you.

13. deity12

deity12 Chieftain

Voted Gustav for his crazy runaways, but yea Isabella please! Not only does she crazy military runaway, but shes a real *gashole* (thankyou previous post for that :lol:) about it.

14. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Hate: Dido (Evil!) and Maria Theresa (STOP STEALING MY CITY-STATES ALREADY!).
    Dislike Immensely: Sejong (You're in the Medieval Era already? I'm not even out of the Ancient yet! Dang Science Spammer), Cathy (Evil! But less evil than Dido), and Ramesses (when he's wonderspamming, anyway; he's not so bad when he isn't.)

15. qalsip1977

qalsip1977 Wonder Lust

I voted Monty but mostly for sentimental reasons. He doesn't pose much of a threat to me these days. I just remember that every single time I had a game with him he was a pain...

16. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

Those that are "interfering" with my CS relationships; that makes 3 groups:
    -Venice and Austria (due to game mechanics)
    -Arabia, Siam (as they like to ally CS way too much)
    -Mongols, Huns, France, Aztec, Assyria (as they like to conquer CS way too much)
    and
    England (because spies piss me off as hell and her extra one is just painful).

Honorable mentions:
    Greece (because of his pointless Chattiness all game long)
    Spain (because she seems drunk)

17. MarshalN

MarshalN Prince

Alex because he is super annoying

Shaka because he is strong and you know he'll stab you in the front the first chance he gets

Lizzie because she plays nice and stabs you in the back first chance she gets

Hiawatha because he spams everything - units, cities, religion

Ramkamhaeng because he always has a big culture lead

18. benjamin28

benjamin28 Warlord

Well, according to the polls, Alex is the most hated AND the most attractive leader ever! You sexy bastard!

I hated Wu because of her backstabbing addiction. And Darius, because he's insidious and always has a ridiculously high culture, so it's almost impossible to overcome him with tourism unless I wipe out his cities. And even then, his army tends to be strong. Sadly, he's not an option on this poll :(

19. Alatan

Alatan Chieftain

This poll is a hoax. It ask for the most hated or feared in the loby and then discuses only about most hated. Alex is my most feared oponent but he is actualy my favorite leader.

20. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

yeah because the poll options are loaded with middle-aged males :lol:
    I mean come on.... all the male characters in this game aren't designed to look attractive; Alex looks like a werewolf with a monobrow. I dare you to put them in a poll with Cathy or Theodora.

Btw, I hate/fear Shaka (game ruiner because inevitably he's going to take out a few civs) Alex (no matter what VC you are going for his DV is always a threat) Caesar/Hiawatha (loads of cities and then all of a sudden they decide they don't like you), Genghis (messes up CS early game)